It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are SO many priests child sex offenders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I'm sure there is a fair amount of priests shagging women too. But when it come to children, then certainly do have an affinity for alter boys, rather than girls, no?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It must be good when all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and the slate gets wiped clean.

Really though, the whole structure of the belief system, and the get out of jail free cards that are available to the blessed, make this sort of activity pretty easy to get away with.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The answer is simple.

You when you try to repress something as profound as your sexuality it will surface some other way and usually in a dark mirror reflection of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

Do you think these people enter the priesthood with normal and healthy attitudes about sex and end up getting warped minds after years celebacy? I am one to think that there was something wrong with them before they entered.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
its not like all priests are bad, but I would say a lot of them are predators ... you just need to think like one

whats the best way to get to kids? I mean, really, there is no other way better than priests ...

thats why I will never trust my kids if I ever have kids to priests ...

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Better yet!

Why are MOST pedophiles NOT priests?

Or

Why are so many atheists pedophiles?

Or

Why are ALL atheist pedophiles against god?

Right

It works both ways and its because "MAN" is still "ANIMAL" by nature and can be "LED" to follow the norms of those they are surrounded by. Religion is an attempt to lead the wild into the true ways of "MAN" and what man should be, but by having this human condition, one is able to misinterpret (purposly or not) literature (ex: Bible, etc) into reflecting and supporting thier own groups personal beliefs and norms.

Group think is a very dangerous phenomenon, and i encourage you to pick up any history book to validate my claim. people see one person do something they beleive is wrong, but because they got away with it and obtained the same desired goal, they may give in and conform to that kind of lifestyle resulting in a loss of identity and simply becoming comfortable with the norms of that particular class of people. AND will follow without question; Blindly, unaware, IGNORANT... It is sad for me to hear stories like that and to have eventualy come to this realization... but i feel it is truth

short answer: manipulation and brainwashing of the system.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I think both are probably true...some get twisted...some already are there but celibacy doesn't help either way..

[edit on 2/11/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I think this thread has thus far provided you with your answer. The op referenced a Lutheran minister and yet, two pages of anti Catholic comments, priests are bad, blame it on the vow of celibacy, etc. It is was people are interested in, people love to bag on the Catholic Church even in situations were they WERE NOT INVOLVED. For whatever reason, it sells, it interests people. I will not defend on the basis of there are more pedophiles in this career or that career, or this denomination or that one. They are disgusting morally bankrupt individuals and I can only hope that God has a special place in hell for those that commit crimes against children.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

here here

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Mr Mask

You are making a very sound valid argument thank you.

You are welcome...it is what I do here.

I certainly understand there are thousands of child abusers in all walks of life and with some research anyone will find that priests and religious figures aren't the majority.

There are actually millions of child abusers.

And you are very correct, priests are nowhere near the majority of them.

Thank you for your input.

You are welcome...any time.

What I will say to you though, and it is only a very small and indeed off topic point is that when you have something logical to say as you just did, I don't see any need for remarks such as:

"Kinda like what you are doing with this amazing thread here."

Sorry, just sort of tired of explaining to everyone about their misconceptions on standing religions.

Never mind the overly crowded "activity" of uppity atheists around here who think their entire purpose in life is to erase all other's faith in whatever god they wish to worship.

Not saying you are one of them...but your thread's subject shows you surly have been influenced by them one way or another.

Now I know you probably aren't out to make wonderful internet buddy's with everybody, but those remarks really aren't needed or appreciated and they don't help.

You are very right. Mr Mask is not here to befriend anyone. Mr Mask is here to find truth and usable information. He is also here to stomp on lies and false information.

I admit...I am not a very likable person here or anywhere else.

Comes with the Mask.

But besides all that thank your for you valuable input, you have thrown a better perspective on the issue for me.

Awesome...then I have done "something" good here. Thank you for your reply and for admitting to a change of perspective.

With all that said, trust nobody with your children...there are millions of sick bastards out there.

Peace and good luck. Really.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Great post, and I understand your point exactly. The reason that priests are so in the news when this happens is because it is so sensational and beause it is the ultimate betrayal. You woudn't trust your child alone with a dock worker or mechanic or butcher, but you (used to anyway) trust your child with a teacher, preacher, priest, councelor, police officer etc. These positions of authority "should" grab the most headlines. These are people that we always felt that we should trust. Priests and positions of authority in the church or any religion used to be the people that "we thought or assumed" had the closest relationship with God and who had the highest moral character.

We are just starting to learn that the church, the vatican and those in power in those places are just as morally corrupt as the rest of us. They aren't any closer to God, and they don't have any more answers then we do, and they are tempted just as much if not even more so then we are.

Someone in a position of trust and authority "should" be held to a higher standard, and their crimes should be sensationalized. If you have that little will power, or those kinds of deviant fixations, mental issues etc you should "not ever' become a priest. Who are you to tell me that I'm going to rot in hell when you are a sexual deviant that preys on children? That is the ultimate betrayal.

As for being attacked by evil spirits or demons. That just is not true. The church used to turn a blind eye to these kinds of things and so did the general population, because they couldn't fathom that priest could do that. God would never let that happen. Well he did! There is a backwards system of curruption and deciept in the church or at least in the higher echelons of the church, and it's only now starting to change with some of these lawsuits and the rise of free speech and the rapid exchange of information made possible by the internet.

I would never trust my children alone with a preist from any kind of church ever, and neither should you.

Cheers.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by amazing]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join