It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former President Bill Clinton Rushed to N.Y. Hospital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by therlloy

Sometimes KARMA is often mispelled too.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It looks like President Clinton will be ok...

Bill Clinton in good spirits after heart procedure

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton underwent a successful heart procedure on Thursday to open a blocked artery in his heart with two stents after he had experienced chest discomfort, his spokesman said.

Clinton, 63, had quadruple heart bypass surgery in 2004 to free up four blocked arteries and the latest incident comes after he has traveled twice to Haiti to help recovery efforts after a devastating earthquake there.

"Today, President Bill Clinton was admitted to the Columbia Campus of New York Presbyterian Hospital after feeling discomfort in his chest," Douglas Band, counselor to Clinton, said in a statement.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's funny how everyone on this website acts is if they hold public office or are in the spotlight and must be politically correct at all times.

Stop bull#ting yourselves and the rest of us. Most of you "wishing him well" don't give a damn if something terrible were to happen to him and you know it. If he were to die right now you would make your empty condolences and move about your day.

I along with a few others, however, realize that we are not here to score political points and, instead, speak our minds. I'll tell you flat out: I don't care what happens to him and I don't wish him well. In fact, I wish it had been worse and I wish he hadn't recovered.

Does that make me a bad person? I don't care. I'm not here to win an election or be popular. Apparently the rest of you are.

This man is just like the rest of them. You can say "80% of Americans would rather have him in office" all you want but all that proves is that 80% of America are idiots.

I don't wish him well. I wish him misery.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Wow, a lot of hate going on in here. I can't, for the life of me, imagine why anyone would be happy or wishful for Bill to pass on. Seriously, what did he ever do to deserve such blind hatred?

Wow, for once we finally agree on something.

OT, let's have a beer, I'd like to share some good Aggie jokes with you.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
If you can't look past a man's political actions to even wish him well or express sympathy during his time of need, then you do not deserve to call yourself a human being.

So I suppose you are sympathetic towards Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong now that they are gone, right?

And am I right in my expectation that when Fidel Castro, Kim Jong-il, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad pass, you will be one of the first to offer your condolences?

Because, after all... if you can't look past a man's political actions to even wish him well or express sympathy during his time of need, then you do not deserve to call yourself a human being.

Surely you would not be caught dead in such a hypocritical position as that, would you?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Wow, a lot of hate going on in here. I can't, for the life of me, imagine why anyone would be happy or wishful for Bill to pass on. Seriously, what did he ever do to deserve such blind hatred?

Wow, for once we finally agree on something.

OT, let's have a beer, I'd like to share some good Aggie jokes with you.

WOW!!! didn't see that coming...Aggie jokes...sure, I love 'em...and got plenty to tell...and some are true

Gig 'Em

EDIT: see folks, Bill can't be all bad...he just brought unity between polar opposites

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
It's funny how everyone on this website acts is if they hold public office or are in the spotlight and must be politically correct at all times.

Stop bull#ting yourselves and the rest of us. Most of you "wishing him well" don't give a damn if something terrible were to happen to him and you know it. If he were to die right now you would make your empty condolences and move about your day.

I along with a few others, however, realize that we are not here to score political points and, instead, speak our minds. I'll tell you flat out: I don't care what happens to him and I don't wish him well. In fact, I wish it had been worse and I wish he hadn't recovered.

Does that make me a bad person? I don't care. I'm not here to win an election or be popular. Apparently the rest of you are.

This man is just like the rest of them. You can say "80% of Americans would rather have him in office" all you want but all that proves is that 80% of America are idiots.

I don't wish him well. I wish him misery.

While you are well within your rights to feel that way and say it, your assumption that "... Most of you "wishing him well" don't give a damn if something terrible were to happen to him and you know it. " may seem a safe one, but it seems to me that you seek validation, which I for one am equally as free to deny.

I didn't wish him well, but I don't wish him ill. Wishing is what you do when you're powerless. But that's beyond the point.

You believe that most disagreement is hypocritical when it most certainly is not. To know whether it is hypocritical you have to know more than simply that people disagree that Clinton should suffer (or some such thing to that effect). I can hate what he has been part of, I can hate what he has been party to, I can even hate the ideas he espouses or how he lives his life. But I don't KNOW him, so I won't HATE him.

That's not hypocrisy, that's an opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I hope he recovers quickly. IMO he was a pretty good president. (apparently not a nice person from what some Marines have told me.) But I believe that he was a good president.

For his service to our country and because he is a human being I wish him well and hope that he recovers quickly.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't KNOW him, so I won't HATE him.

Sympathy is like respect. It's earned. It's not automatic. This man shows no sympathy to those of us who are inferior to him and his cronies unless it is politically convenient to do so.

You do what you want and I will do what I want. But I'm not going to ignore what I see, and what I see is a bunch of people whose lives would be completely unaffected by his death acting as if they actually give a damn.

Perhaps you are different, and more power to you if you are, but I'm not the type of person to not call someone's bull# when I see it. That's what I'm doing.

Where the hypocrisy comes in is when people claim everyone deserves sympathy, but then these same people are first in line to applaud the death of a dictator, terrorist, serial killer, or child rapist. So I have to wonder what the word "everyone" really means: Does it mean EVERYONE or does it mean everyone they view favorably? Either way it is hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We as a Western World purport ourselves above the rest. Not because we are but because we implicitly have the inclination to move forward in the face of adversity and not lower ourselves to the tactics and thoughts that our centuries preceding us have showcased.

Do I think Clinton a great man?

No.

Do I consider him reprehensible?

Not unless I consider the whole of society in a similar fashion for the complacency that allowed it...the same complacency that resulted in the world I am now qualified to opine on.

He is human. And I wish no ill will on any human.

Those who are discussing their vaunted lack of good wills, in my opinion, are merely reacting to frustrations in their own lives.

And instead of wishing ill will, for gods sake, do some research and post a thread on what was wrong during the Clinton Administration...which was the last administration prior to a full fledged internet interaction.

Seriously...don't behave as if you want political opinion to favor you...do some damn research so others may deign to care about the opinions you post.

Rant off.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I want to see you say that if Adolf Hitler were alive today, or if you had lived in the World War II era, that you would not wish death upon him.

Say it exactly like this: I would not wish death upon Adolf Hitler.

I am just dying to see those of you who say you would not wish any thing bad on any human really stand behind your words.

Don't take the easy way out and preach it while referring to a Western leader who has never been charged with a thing other than by those of us "conspiracy theorists". I want you to go straight to the top - the worst of the worst - and say you would show sympathy for him.

I'm waiting.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Wishing sympathy for someone and not calling for their death are two different things.

I do not hate Hitler. Such an emotion denotes passion and I am dispassionate for someone who could commit such that he did.

Would I support his continued like behaviour?

Absolutely not.

And for the record...Clinton is no Hitler.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

As I suspected. Completely side-stepped the challenge.

My point has been proven. I'm done here.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Friend, I seriously doubt you will get a straight answer. I mean I asked about Hitler and Ted Bundy and the responses I recieved were "They were devotees of narcissistic evil." and something else about being off topic, to which I had to explain why mentioning them were on topic. See, it all goes back to hypocrisy and everything you've typed so far has been correct. I'm asking why Clinton should be given any well wishes or sympathies and so far not one person has given one logical reason as to why we should do these things.

See, this thread reminds me of this one www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to see hypocrisy at its highest moment on ATS make sure you click that link and read the thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't KNOW him, so I won't HATE him.

Sympathy is like respect. It's earned. It's not automatic.

You learn that in sunday school did ya?

you need therapy...and incidently, to answer your question (not that it was directed at me, but your venting seems to be going equal in all directions), I personally did feel a bit sad when Saddam and Arafat died...not torn up because they were not part of my country and were a thorn in the side of the country, but I spent time learning about their actual life verses the politics they spouted. Why? because they are part of my life, like it or not...and to belittle any life makes you just as much a monster as those you complain about.

I wonder if the people cheering the potential death of Clinton are also the same that are the "moral" hypocrites of america.

My father...about as right wing conservative as you can possibly get, totally on board with the treason blah blah and had as much love for Clinton as one has love for a infected sore watched the news today and said simply "I hope he is alright".

Its called common human decency...look it up

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Friend, I seriously doubt you will get a straight answer.

I didn't expect one. I was just proving the point that one would not be given.

People in the Western world seem to think American presidents are innocent of anything and everything they are accused of simply because they are American. When the typical person thinks of America they see this peaceful and free land whose leadership has never committed the atrocities committed by the leadership of other nations. And I think that is what feeds this need to have sympathy for our "leaders".

These people do not read between the lines and do not study history in depth. They take everything spoon fed to them in school and by the media at face value. They see former presidents involved in charitable work and current presidents starting these programs to help children and old people and assume they are honest and kind-hearted people. They fail to see the bigger picture.

Clinton may not have directly killed as many as Hitler did, but even causing the death of ONE person is more than enough. Those of you who claim to have sympathy for all human beings should be one of the first to understand that.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Friend, I seriously doubt you will get a straight answer. I mean I asked about Hitler and Ted Bundy and the responses I recieved were "They were devotees of narcissistic evil." and something else about being off topic, to which I had to explain why mentioning them were on topic. See, it all goes back to hypocrisy and everything you've typed so far has been correct. I'm asking why Clinton should be given any well wishes or sympathies and so far not one person has given one logical reason as to why we should do these things.

See, this thread reminds me of this one www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to see hypocrisy at its highest moment on ATS make sure you click that link and read the thread.

Love your enemy -Jesus-

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Poor Slick Willy !!!

The guy is hands-down on my top 10 list of human beings who've ever lived...despite his taste in women...well, there's always that guy who "takes one for the team"...

I hope that he makes it out alright...I really want to see him as the 1st "First Man" when Hillary becomes President in 2016...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I doubt seriously that Bill Clinton knows you exist so do you think he would wish you well if you were in a hospital room? Why should this man, Bll Clinton, be awarded what you call "common human decency" when he has clearly done things to the common human that were neither humane nor decent.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I wonder if the people cheering the potential death of Clinton are also the same that are the "moral" hypocrites of america.

I never claimed to be moral nor did I say I was not a "monster" (as you put it). But one thing I am not is a hypocrite. I don't hide behind a broad statement I cannot defend in every situation.

I pick and choose who I have sympathy for. Those who claim to have sympathy for every human being really have some explaining to do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join