It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climategate e-mails inquiry under way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Climategate e-mails inquiry under way

news.bbc.co.uk

Dr Philip Campbell, editor-in-chief for Nature journal, stood down late on Thursday because of remarks he had made last year in the Chinese media in which he said the scientists mentioned in the e-mails had "behaved as researchers should".

"I made the remarks in good faith on the basis of media reports of the leaks. As I have made clear subsequently, I support the need to for a full review of the facts behind the leaked e-mails," he said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Climate scepticism 'on the rise', BBC poll shows

The number of British people who are sceptical about climate change is rising, a poll for BBC News suggests. The Populus poll of 1,001 adults found 25% did not think global warming was happening, an increase of 10% since a similar poll was conducted in November. The percentage of respondents who said climate change was a reality had fallen from 83% in November to 75% this month.

[edit on 11/2/10 by osc121]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This has all the hallmarks of a media circus before it even gets going

at least they have taken a purported supporter of this mess out of the way,

i have been following the story on the BBC for a few days and their polls show an increase in scepticism or at least an anger at the doctoring of their research data

Interesting to see an eminent editor openly support the way in which the data was "manipulated" only to now stand down from a commitee set up to investigate its alleged misdoings. Should he really have been put forward for this position in the first place

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join