It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have to LOVE Nevada Politics... Governor Jim Gibbons, Hanky Panky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Gibbons is person I find to be morally dubious in character. He seems to have approached the job of Governor with indifference and it seems to be getting more and more apparent as time goes on.

I've had the misfortune of meeting Gibbons. He's a sterile man with an insincere demeanor, and a penchant for keeping hot little things around him at all times. This behavior has increased since his divorce.

This Saturday there's a special legislative session to be held at City Hall in Reno. He may or may not be there. We'll see.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hanky Panky in Vegas?

As Gomer used to say, "Fer shame, fer shame fer shame!"

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ha, good luck taking on Nevada corruption.

Everyone involved in exposing this should be very alert at all times.

Drugs, money, etc are just a taste of what is really going on in that state.

The people filling the bags and envelopes with cash are the ones to fear.

Get too close to them, or their operations and bad things will happen.

Get out of Nevada while you can!

Or, better yet, call in the FBI!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
Gonna go out on a limb, here and say, although I don't know George Knapp, I listen to him often on coast to coast. guy always struck me as a straight shooter. I doubt he would have run the story if he didn't "have it".

If George Knapp does "have it" and this remains between him and the Governor and no one else... He likely has nothing to worry about... The story dies hopefully and if forgotten in time... Just another ugly divorce case.

BUT...

Wendy testified that she did not know the nature of the business for certain, but that on a few occasions she saw business people the pair met slip envelopes or packages to Leslie.

On just a few occasions, she saw what was in the packages -- money. On one occasion, she says there was a gym bag of money in the car as they drove back to Nevada.

"I said, ‘Why do you have this kind of money?' She said, ‘I can't talk about it. We just need to get it back to Jimmy,'" she said.

If a true investigative reporter gets curious and starts snooping around to find the source of this money and/or what it was for.

That would be extremely risky... In fact, could be lethal.

Be careful George and crew.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
isnt the proper path . to : make a complaint against the woman for alleged perjury - then once [ if ] a conviction is secured , then demand a public appology / retraction from the news agencies that reorted the origional perjury ??????

leaping straight to ` sue the news agency ` does seem a little odd

IMHO they MUST have a legitamate ` in the public interest ` defence to accuratly report the workings of the judicial branch

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Why would he not want this to get out? Because it could ruin his career as a politician.... I must admit, that if the allegations were untrue, he would be busy saying that rather than, " I am going to sue"....

Think of the bigger picture... Corruption, bribery and extortion.

Perhaps the governor knows first hand that the people involved with the pay-offs will do anything to protect their illegal activity.. Including himself becoming a target for elimination. Having his woman collect his cash for him was incredibly stupid.

Now he, and others are at risk, if a broader investigation is launched.

Don't mess with these people.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by homeskillet

a little?

this is tame compared to what we have in NY.

it is, sadly, politics as usual. for all nations.

politicians are power seekers, they are ego driven. they reach an office and they think they are above the law.

Eh.

The truth? This mentality is everywhere, be it moderators, admin, politicians, police, etc. People will play out the roles provided for them, and by the time they can even reflect on what they are doing, you have a disaster on your hands that simply won't be fixed so easily.

There is no such thing as politics any more, and ATS is a microcosm of the greater social reality. Wait till more revenue is required. All is illusion, and nothing will change until everything falls apart.

People are most likely to reflect upon their own state of existence as though it were the actual situation. Boy oh boy.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I used to be worried about these things but sadly i've come to the point in my life where I could care less about some polititions personal sex life
I could care less if he was humping ten crack whores in a seedy no-tell motel so long as he does his job and runs his office they way its supposed to be run .Why do we continue to put such high standards on people about their sex life...I dont know to many other animals on this planet that mate for life or only have sex with one of their own species for life .Hmmm I can only think of one right now and it a bird with the brain the size of a pea and yes I know there are a couple of others just cant remember them right now

Is he snorting cocain on his office desk or smoking a joint out in the smoking area?

humans are so stupid ...Im glad Im an Alien

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well the special session went well today. We had a town hall where many voiced their frustration with budget cuts to education while we are 50th in the nation in terms of education quality. The Governor was conspicuously missing and he took a lot of flak for his indifference in governing.

This story is just another nail in his political coffin. New candidates, mostly non-partisan, announced themselves at the meeting today and all of them proposed cuts to State Legislator pay and other proposals that really put everyone on the hot seat, the governor will most likely NOT be reelected.

That's all I got to report.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sounds like LOTS of love...and money...flowing there.

I wracked my brain to remember where I had heard of him before, in a sleazy way....he was involved in that parking garage incident, accused of something like assault on a woman. But, haha, they were drunk and he tried to help her from falling, or something like that he said.

He probably doesn't want anymore publicity about the money, as the trail would lead to someone else who doesn't want the info public. I wonder why the money came up in the divorce trial; did his wife want to make sure she had her share, or to squeeze him (not in a loving way
) for everything she could.

Years ago, while growing up, there was a phrase I heard often in the news...don't hear it now as often...influence peddling. Gibbons had influence...and it sure seems he peddled it. If mines quit paying out in Nevada, there are always people to mine...and shaft.

I haven't looked at it lately, but surely the Republican Party platform has by now redone their "Family Values" section, so as not to lose their politicians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join