It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran Just Test a Nuke?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well if it was a nuke, we can prepare for a Bumpy night

Bumpy night

If not, well then its an Earthquake and someone will be saying Haarp was all up in Irans business.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Are you out of your mind about Iran having nukes?I don't believe
for a minute that any nuke technology they have would be for energy
use only.They will build bombs and either bomb the U.S. or Israel.

Hahaha..

yeah, Iran will build bombs, but unlike the U.S they won't drop them on foreign sovereign grounds.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
no testing, only stated that they ere able to enrich a higher grade of Uranium making them a "Nuclear State"

Already posted in ATS Nuclear State

Also in MSMs as well foxnews coverage

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
[edit on 11-2-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
the problem is, today then announced they were a Nuclear Nation, just because they announced it today, and a few days ago they had 20% enriched Uranium, doesn't mean that's really how long they have had it, im almost positive they have had them for a while now, and are just now deciding to tell us

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
S&F.

Though the earthquake data doesn't seem to support a test, I'm sure they've been wrong before on a first report.

Thank you for the post; this bears watching.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good catch I have to wonder but you would think they would want to build it up for everything it is worth if it was a success. I will be watching this thread and hopefully your sharp eye catches something else good work.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
At a depth of 6.2 miles it would have to be a real quake. However, if a smaller jolt was recorded within a minute of it, and close by, a bomb test could have triggered it. Only close examination of the graphs will be able to answer for sure.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Iran will definitely drop a Nuke on Israel or anyone else it thinks needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. Iran has no right to have a nuclear weapon, EVER!

Your response to this thread shows your age indeed, a kid.

Well I am no kid and I think you are spouting utter rubbish.

can you show me the last time Iran invaded another country or attacked another country when it wasn't defending itself?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think it would be a nuke test. They've already drawn an immense amount of attention to themselves with their groundbreaking announcement.

We'll have to wait and see how that will impact the capitalist west.

Until then, All That Remains is a great band.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Iran will definitely drop a Nuke on Israel or anyone else it thinks needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. Iran has no right to have a nuclear weapon, EVER!

No country has the right to have nukes, yet most possess them. Why does N. Korea get to have nukes? The US?, Israel?, Russia?, India? and so on.

US is the only country in history to use a nuke, and yet they still possess them.

The only way this will be fair for everyone is to abolish all nukes. Major countries should contain only 1 nuclear warhead in case of an attack. US alone has enough nukes to destroy every living thing on Earth at least 2 times over (I am under guesstimating).

If Iran uses a nuke then other countries will know Iran will not be trusted again. Every nation deserves a chance to better itself. Why should few countries dictate others way of life? Who died and made these powers Gods of this Earth?

Your logic fails.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The US and Israel are one in the same.....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Conventienly good old Clinton has had a few heart-flutters, turning the Western MSM eyes onto this, instead of this possible Nuclear test in Iran.
Puppets and Strings people.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would not jump to any conclusions yet here is a map of earthquakes from 1990-2006 from wiki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d55b50d92c1c.gif[/atsimg]

Iran earthquakes wiki

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Relax buddy, they won't drop a damn bomb on anyone, unless they get attacked by some mad imperialistic aggressor first (guess who that might be), trust me.
Oh, and don't start getting personal, pls.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
im not actually saying, that Iran did Test a Nuke, as Hellmutt has already stated the North Korea Nuke test resulted in a 4.7 quake at a depth of 6.2 miles the 4.6 Iran quake was registered at a depth of 6.2 miles as well, ironically happens to be on the date they announced they are a nuclear country

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very much doubt it's a nuke test - just hours after stating they have no intention of developing nuclear weapons. I mean, I don't trust what they say for a second (disclaimer: I don't trust what the US or Israel says either...) but it would kinda be silly to say that and then detonate one!

Just Mother Nature messing with us

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The immediate answer to whether it was a nuke or a real earthquake will be an announcement of casualties

the last couple of earthquakes in Iran have produced 10's of thousands of fatalities. If there are no reports of mass casualties then it must be presumed it was a controlled explosion. And, further analysis of the data is required to see if there are seperate blips, to make sure a nuke didn't trigger a quake

I personnaly think they are further down the nuclear route than has been announced in the MSM. and I do think that timing of the assassination of one of it's leading nuclear scientists is becoming increasingly more suspicious

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just checked out the location of the earthquake on google earth, according to USGS, and its about 18 km away from a village, 35 km from another village. I'm assuming that if a nuke was detonated the epicenter would be where the bomb was dropped or set off, so unless they leveled a few villages, I highly doubt we are looking at a nuclear test.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by seanizle]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
too deep for a nuke IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join