It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who else is excited about the Olympics starting tomorrow?

Call me sentimental but since I watched my first games (LA 1984) I have viewed the Olympic games as something special. It's great to see athletes from all over the world compete in so many different sports.

This year will be extra special with Olympic Hockey being played in the birthplace of the sport.

To my brothers and sisters in the great white north, I hope Vancouver turns out to be great games as well as a nice shiny Silver medal for the Canadian Hockey team (Go USA)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I can't friggin believe that this is the only proper Vancouver 2010 thread!!?

Hell yeah I'm excited, the Swedes are doing GREAT out there.

Yesterday, we beat them lousy fins in hockey, just like we will beat all of ya's!:bash:

Go Sweden, go Sweden, we're the greatest, we're gonna win, all the medals, yey!!!

And what about that epic feat by Anja Pärsson? Sure, it was "just" a bronze medal, but getting on the skies after that crash just the day after

Friggin NATIONAL HERO I tells'ya!

The Winter Olympics ROCK!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

And what about that epic feat by Anja Pärsson? Sure, it was "just" a bronze medal, but getting on the skies after that crash just the day after

Friggin NATIONAL HERO I tells'ya!

It was reported here that she had 3 broken ribs and a collapsed lung after that fall. To even compete the next day is incredible.

That's one tough lady.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yeah, that crash was horrible.

As she was approaching the half-way mark, I just knew she was going to fall. I almost started to cry as she tumbeled down...it was horrendous.
Luckily, here enormous (yet glorious) behind took most of the inpact

top topics

join