It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to meet Dalai Lama on Feb 18: White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who really is the aggressor for next great war...

In the eve of new sanctions against Iran, very important partner of China in oil business - just after selling new weaponry with billion of dollars to Taiwan... and after many warnings from Bejing... Obama, wtf???

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House announced on Thursday that President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama would meet on February 18, despite China's warning that such talks could hurt already-strained Sino-U.S. relations.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This seems to be too obvious path to WW3 now!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, it's coming down a wiener size contest. I am kind of interested to see what China is going to do. It seems like the administration is provoking them. Go thing we have India on our side..and Japan. War is suppose to be good for the economy, but we've got two that are draining the coffins.

I wonder what China is going to do. Sanctions or just a grumble? Maybe they will form an alliance with Russia..become the Red Red Republic of Eastern Asia maybe? This is getting interesting.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think that the threat from China was an Empty one, they Rely on the US to much to cut ties, i think it was a matter of China trying to sanction the US and see if the US would listen to them, then if we did, China would know they would be able to push the United States around at least a little

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Good for Obama. That is all I have to say. First off, China shouldn't be using a business situation to try to influence their social agendas. They are crossing territories.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Good for Obama in moving forward with his plans.

I don't want my government caving to CHINA of all places, that human rights wasteland.

China can shut up and mind their own business, quit trying to tell the US or ANYONE what to do.

Again, and I am NOT A FAN of Obama, but good on him.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OPs.

China does not dictate to America who we may or may not talk to. If you truely believe that we should adhere to any of China's demands simply because they demand it verses out of reason, then you have no place in this country.

We in America value our freedom to talk to whomever the F we want to..from Fred the dishwasher to POTUS.

-edit add: Incidently, if China did decide to go to war with the US because we talked to someone they didn't like, then I say bring it on. We may all die from nukes lobbing back and forth, but there are a few principles that require fighting for, even if it means death...one of them is slavery...and yes, if China demands that the US must follow their commands, then thats all it is.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Next Obama does his own vaudeville rendition of "Putting on the Ritz" when he visits "Indonesia"... The "Dali" only travels since he can no longer go back. Seems the "Dali" was really too busy for Obama since he has been here in the "United States" for some time now.

I like the theatrics of this anyway, I can see "China" shaking their fist while quietly behind closed doors laughing since the long feared "Tibetan way" is abolished.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This is a move I can support. As critical as a lot of us are of our respective countries I am glad to see we do not condemn everything they do out of hand. This is, in my mind, a good gesture and makes me feel good to know Tibet is being recognized. I am woefully uneducated in most of the history of China and Tibets conflict but Chinas track record of humanitarian gestures is not particularly good. Hopefully this doesn't descend into more violent madness as we have enough of that around the world as it is. Ideally I would like to see this become the start of a reconciliation though I am not holding my breath. Obama gets a thumbs up from me for this move.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Am I reading this correctly....? That people think Obama is an "aggressor", and asking for WWIII because the Dalai Lama is making a visit to the White House?

What a very strange conclusion to reach. Had to climb a tree to reach this one.

China is taking a few little steps lately, maybe testing the waters to see if the U.S. might possibly become it's puppet.

Does anyone honestly want to play that game? There's the dangerous game......not having the Dalai Lama visit the President. I think some people might have it backwards.......

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if China invades Taiwan within the next week, and at the same time Israel attacks Lebanon and Syria.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Good for Obama I am one of his biggest critics but this is a bold move and I respect him for it. China is lead by evil men who want to basically rule the world and if you guys hate America for it wait until China gets behind the wheel. America at least give the people we invade the ability to rule themselves again would china do that?

And before you go saying America is only out for domination please pick up a history book. And also do the people in Iraq vote?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Edge is near: "Enough is enough"

--- In other situation you would be right --- but dealing wit Dalai Lama officially now at this moment... And Asians do have that "honor-thing" very tight in their backbones... I would choose good official relations with Bejing now.

But Obama is not there to save USA, but thats whole another story.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
China can just %#$@ off.

Obama and the Dalai Lama are both Nobel Peace Prize winners. If they want to have a friendly conversation over tea, let them. Who cares what the corrupt leaders of some totalitarian communist nation think about it? Since when did the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave start following orders of those Chi-Coms?

Hopefully His Holiness and Barry can light some incense, kick back on some bean bags, listen to some funky music, and come up with some cool things to do that would benefit humanity.

If China wants to harsh that mellow, just hit the mute button.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So an asshole wants to talk to another asshole and some other asshole is pissed at the other assholes for it?

What assholes.

top topics

join