It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution to the ATS Poll problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've noticed a few threads that involve polls lately, and have seen many in the past, but there hasn't been a way to effectivly poll the ATS members without the tedious task of going through each post and calculating the yes' and no's. Well I think I have a solution, and forgive me if this has already been done...

After your opening to the thread where you lay out the question to be polled, follow with two posts, the first a "yes" and the next post a "no". Then explain to the readers that a star for the post will indicate their vote! Then the poster can feel free to post a follow up explaining their position if they please. So lets try it out...

POLL QUESTION

Do you believe Aliens have visited Earth in the last 100 years?

-E-

link   
For YES star this post

link   
For NO star this post

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's quite a good idea as it happens

Nice way of getting round the no poll thingy

edit- but you can't star posts in here
you can have a flag instead

[edit on 11/2/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oops, I just realized you cannot star in this forum, can a Mod please move it to an appropriate forum that allows stars.

-E-

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks, too bad I put it in one of the few forums that don't allow stars!

-E-

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This will not work. 1. The star system can be manipulated 2. It gives the person holding the poll an unfair advantage at collecting stars (meaning, points)

I think its best just to let people respond with their answers and allow proper discussion to flow.

Thread closed.

[edit on February 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm gonna say the likelihood of us approving a system designed to do little more than glom stars for the thread author isn't going to happen.

All that would do is generate a blizzard of "poll" threads. Every thread is a poll of sorts, with a discussion involved.

[Edit to add]

^^ what she said.

[edit on 2/11/2010 by yeahright]

new topics

top topics

join