It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Quest For Beauty and Immortality Turn Humanity Into Freaks ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Natural beauty is where I think its at. I have wore blemish cover up, but cant stand the feel of any makeup on my face I dont use it. I use some eyelash stuff tinted lip gloss and a light blush and accent my eybrows. I just look at all these celebs that have plastic surgery and shake my head.
fake boobs or anything else that is fake has it's serious downsides so why bother. If people are so into that much beauty let em but for me nah.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have always wanted a long tail. They seem like they could be handy.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The closest I've had to plastic surgery mentioned was braces to reshape my mouth so I can eat properly.
I'm not a huge fan of plastic surgery unless it is to correct defects, injuries, etc., not for vanity... the fine examples of Hollywood noses.
I would not care for myself nor my family to have it. If it made someone truely feel better and in turn they do not become obesessed, then the question is it well worth it to a person trapped in an all about looks world?

However, I am a fan of body mods, simpley because I enjoy them and the culture that surrounds it of(Rock music, etc)... such as tats and piercings and know people who have gotten body mods, minus the plastic surgery, that has helped them feel beter.

I believe the majority of the people who are obessed with plastc surgery have Body Dysmorphic Disorder(BDD). BDD is an anxiety disorder where the person is preoccupied with their looks, believing they are hideous, no matter how they look. In turn some not just are depressed, lock themselves inside, and more others go to all lengths to change how they look to ease the pain.

Celebs may in turn become affected by BDD due wanting more career options, such as how it (further?)caused issues with actors becoming anorexic/bulemic.

Unforunately popular culture sees society advancing through apperance and not mind and soul. Mutant slaves to (misconstrued) beauty.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join