It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vision or just a vivid day dream???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hello ATS! This is my first real thread, so forgive me if I don't do this right. Also, I want to apologize in advance, this is going to be pretty long. I need/want your feedback on something that happened to me a couple weeks ago. I don't really know what to think of it. It's highly likely that it was just a vivid day dream and nothing more, but something about it just does not sit right with me. Anyways, I've rambled enough.

In the words of Mr. Monk: Here's how it happened...

A few weeks ago I was driving home from work, the same route I've been taking for about 6 months now. All of a sudden I start having this incredibly vivid and detailed day dream. I don't know what year I was in during my day dream. I just know that it is a few years in the future. My children were a little older than they are now, but I don't know how much older. If I would have to guess I would say that, in my day dream, they were around the ages of 5 or 6.

In my dream, I am in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I own a piece of land there. It is approximately 1 football field wide and 2 long. At the back of the property is a small river. On either side of the property are thick woods. The front of the property runs up to a small asphalt road. Across the street are more trees, and after about 200 yards the land begins to slope upwards to the top of a large hill.

My wife and I have a house built and are completely off the grid for power and water. Our home is powered using a combination of solar, wind and hydroelectric. The house resembles an old fashioned farm house. Complete with wrap around front porch. The house is two stories and made of wood. The house is not painted; it is a dark brown wood color. Probably stained or treated. The windows have wooden shutters that are painted white. The house is located towards the middle of the property and centered between the middle and left most side of the property.

My wife's cousin, a former Marine, and his wife are living on our property. They have a small house towards the front of the property. I don't know what it looks like; I just know that it is there. I never actually see it.

My wife's cousin, we will call him Rick (not his real name), also knows that something bad is going to happen soon. We both know that society/civilization as we know it is about to end. We being preparing.

We start by building a wall around the property. We build the wall using cinder block. The wall is about 4 feet deep and 10 feet high. The first 5 to 6 feet of cinder block are reinforced with concrete that has been poured in the holes of the blocks. The outside of the wall, facing the road, we cover with rock. It looks like a wall you would see outside an old mansion. The wall surrounds all 4 sides of the property. In the front wall is a large solid metal gate. The gate is arched and about 6 ft wide and 8 ft tall. The gate consists of two equal size "doors" that open outward. There are similar doors on the left, right and back walls only slightly smaller. The left, right and back walls also have average sized personnel doors, also made of solid metal. The top of the wall is made so someone can walk along it. Ladders and stairs are built and installed to allow access to the top of the wall. Along the top of the wall, on the outward facing sides, smaller walls are built to keep whoever is walking along the wall from falling off. It is also meant to provide concealment and protection in case of an attack. At all four corners of the wall a small guard tower is built. Each one is fitted with bright flood lights that allow the area outside the walls to be lit up at night. Additional flood lights are placed at the halfway points of the left and right walls, since they are twice as long as the front and back walls.

This is where my first day dream ended, with the completion of the walls surrounding my property. I didn't think much of it at the time. It just seemed like an oddly vivid day dream and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The only things that I felt were particularly strange were:

a) I have never had a day dream that vivid that I could remember so many details

b) I had this day dream while I was driving home from work. The entire trip from the time the day dream started to the time it ended is a complete blur. I can't remember any of it. All I remember is that day dream. I lost about 15 minutes of my drive home.

Even with the day dream being as strange as it was, I didn't think much of it. I didn't think about the day dream the rest of that night, or even the next day while I was at work. It never crossed my mind until I started my drive home that evening. The day dream started again. Picking up where the previous day's day dream started.
I will begin my first person narrative again.

I'm not sure how much time has passed since the walls were finished. It could be days, months, years, I don't know. I am standing top of the front wall talking to a small group of people that have come to me looking for shelter/protection. Society/civilization has collapsed. (My day dream doesn't tell me how it happened. All I know is that it did happen, and there are not many people left alive in the cities across the country. I also do not know if it is a global event or not.) I know the people at my gate are my neighbors. They live a few miles from me. All my neighbors do, my property is pretty secluded. I allow the families to come inside. They go to my house to rest. My wife gives them something hot to drink and something to eat. I am guessing that the time of the year is around mid-fall. It is starting to get cold outside, but not bitterly winter cold. Time passes, I guess just a few hours, before more families that live near me start showing up at my gate seeking shelter. They knew to come to me because they had all seen me building my wall, my fortress. This scenario repeats a few more times, more families showing up looking for protection.

At the end of the day I have about half a dozen families inside my home all wondering what is going to happen next. I tell the people to try to rest and relax for the night. Try not to think about what has happened. We will deal with that in the morning. For now it is important for them to remain calm. My wife and I bring out extra pillows, blankets and sleeping bags and everyone finds a spot and settles down for the night.

The next morning some of the women help my wife prepare a simple breakfast for everyone. While we are eating I begin to explain to everyone what we are going to do. The first thing we have to do is get supplies and begin building shelters for everyone. There are about 10 or 12 men that volunteer to help gather supplies.

I am now standing outside one of the family's homes, the men that volunteered to help gather supplies are with me and we have a few trucks and trailers there. We begin by gathering clothes, blankets, pillows, beds, food and other basic essentials.

(The entire gathering process is shown in flashes. Once the house is cleared out we begin taking the building apart so we can use the materials to build new houses within the walls of my property. This process is repeated with each person's house. Also during this time more families show up. We are starting to have enough people to where we can assign "jobs" to everyone. Some people are responsible for building the homes, some are responsible for security, and some are the "Scavengers" or gatherers. Rick, my wife's cousin, is put in charge of security. He trains everyone how to use firearms for protection; he also sets up rotating shifts for people to stand guard on the walls.)

This day dream ends with the houses being constructed and the Scavengers continuing their work.

Just like before this day dream occurred on my drive home from work, and just like before it was as if I was actually living these events. I don't remember anything about the drive home.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have had a few more day dreams like these but I don't remember them as clearly as these first two. Some involved expanding the walls to give us extra land to build a garden. The garden was made outside the right wall. Walls were built around it to protect our food. A similar expansion was build off the left wall, but I don't remember what it was for.

I really wish I had written this all down sooner while the day dreams were still fresh. As I am writing this now, 11 Feb 2010, the memory has started to fade. There are more details that I do remember, but I do not have the skills to explain them.

I know this all sounds crazy, which is why I am posting it on here. I am hoping that someone will read it and be able to help me make sense of it. Has anyone else had any night dreams/day dreams/visions similar to this one? Is there anyone out there is ATS world that can put my mind at ease about this? I am asking for serious conversation on this one. I need help making sense of it. Is it just my imagination running away with me, or should I listen more to it?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It may not be a prophetic dream as some might say (although that's definitely a possibility) but rather a vision telling you what you should do. If I was having these very vivid daydreams, I'd pay some heed to them like you have and not completely dismiss them. It couldn't hurt to build a fortress, though.

Have you ever had any prophetic or retrophetic dreams before?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifthrasir

Not that I can remember. I'm very intuitive at times though. By that I mean, I usually have this really weird feeling before something bad happens in my life. Almost like I know something is going to happen, I just never know what it is specifically.

My wife, on the other hand, has had a few prophetic dreams. It usually has to do with someone she cares about either getting seriously hurt or dying. Since she has had some experience with these kinds of things I talked to her about it. She is normally very skeptical about paranormal stuff (even though she has had more than a few strange experiences in her life, I think it is denial
). I was hoping she would tell me it was just my imagination. It really freaked me out when she said she believed me.

She hasn't had any dreams along these lines, but she has had this growing feeling that something bad is just around the corner. Its kinda like we switched roles on this one.

Anyways, thanks for your input Lifthrasir. It's nice to know that I may not be crazy after all, I think....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's ATS. We're all crazy here. :p

I've had similar feelings that something big is going to happen relatively soon, but no dreams like you had on your drive home. Have you heard of the ultradian rest response theory/hypothesis?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifthrasir

I have not heard of that. I will have to look into it now though, I'm curious to find out what it is!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonick621

So, you're the guy daydreaming and almost ran me off the road!

No,seriously I have also had similar day dreams recently.

They are driving me nuts honestly.

I have a recurring nocturnal dream that is so vivid that when I awaken I can remember it all in detail.

I have had this one dream many times.

I don't know what it means but this one town I am driving around in,in my dreams I know well.

I came back to add this.

Read Earth Abides.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b724e259bdf.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sonick621

Nothings strange for me anymore but last night I was in bed thinking about making an underground room and concreting all walls,,and thought about getting some oxygen and lots of water and tins of food,,even thought about making an opening to a side of the wall where I dug a hug hole for the human waste.

Anyway more to your story,,is it possible that someone,,anyone in the world was dreaming and spirit hopped in your body or somehow someone projected their thought into your mind?

When we dream we can fly,meet strangers and go places we aint been before so I dont think what I just said is crazy.

One night I was thinking in bed,as always,and I thought about a whirlwind appearing in my bedroom and demons came out and slammed my bedroom door shut,,I soon stopped that thought but in the morning I started to tell my eldest daughter and she finished what I was saying,,she dreamt it,,,so that got me thinking about someone dreaming and making the dream/thought pop into anothers mind,,or vice versa

top topics

join