It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL February 2010 unemployment numbers! Not the propaganda!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I am sick of seeing on the MSM spewing their propaganda on unemployment.

Non Seasonally adjusted Unemployment rates.

December U3-9.7% January U3-10.6%
December U6-17.1% January U6-18.0%

I am creating this thread because I keep looking for the info and losing it.

The U3 9.7% January unemployment rate in the US is a LIE of EPIC proportions. See new guideline SNIPPET.

You have more people go on the Unemployment lines but the Rate goes down?!

If you take away the SEASONALLY adjustment. The real U3 number is 10.6% unemployment.

If you look at the U6 numbers it is currently at 18%.

Both of these numbers are NOT seasonally adjusted. Why adjust for the season? Because people are still unemployed. It is a JOKE!

A little snippet to show what they have done at the Bureau of Labor Statistics

In accordance with annual practice, the establishment survey data have been revised to reflect comprehensive universe counts of payroll jobs, or benchmarks. These counts are derived principally from unemployment insurance tax records for March 2009. As a result of the benchmark process, all data series were subject to revision from April 2008 forward, the time period since the last benchmark was established. In addition, with this release, the seasonally adjusted establishment survey data from January 2005 forward were subject to revision due to the introduction of updated seasonal adjustment factors. .

In other words THEY ARE LYING!

From the A-15 unemployment table from the Bureau or Labor Statistics

Here is the table-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d9e6f38f7fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, everything is fine, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Here is the description of what the U1-U6 mean

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3da1fb6d04f9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit to edit the transposition of the U3 and U6 numbers-THANKS unityemissions

[edit on 2/11/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Unemployment will reach 70% within the next 2-5 years.

This is the planned agenda that they have.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
Unemployment will reach 70% within the next 2-5 years.

This is the planned agenda that they have.

Got a link , a hint , a sniff , a blog , a letter , a quote ..

For that.

I'll wait

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, you have to remember MSM is not going to provide the accurate figures as it may upset their "Furor" hehee..

Most of the time you can ask anyone you run into if they are working and my bets the reply is just got laid off!

"Something Wicked Come This Way"

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I guess I would be one of the ones on the margin...U6..I have worked for myself most of my life.

Only took a straight job once.

Could not hack the structure, the sameness...everybody dressed the same...spoke the same so fn PC it actually sickens me to think I allowed myself to sink to that leval of social correctness.

A big lie that I tried to believe in. lol

You know the saying...things you know, things you know you don't know and then things you don't know you don't know.

lol

I did not know how "Nationalistic...not for the US but for the company you work with was" the fortune 100 world was till I worked in it and stepped back from it.

I think those plastic early morning cheers they do at morning meetings at various fortune 100 companies often do sums it up.

How bloody phony and plastic everything has become. Even our workplaces have been infected with this incredible form of denial and self delusion.

We trade our families, our children our soul for a few dollars more.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

My guess RIGHT now, the true unemployment is at 25%. And I believe that is low balling it.

The SHTF is not even close yet.

The government has been playing with it, prior to throwing.

Everything they have done was meant to make it worse.

If I was a weather forecaster, I would have to call this THE PERFECT STORM.

Especially keeping the sheeple ignorant. I hope enough are preparing.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I am a lot like you in the respect of working for myself. Of course the last 6 years I went to work for a Land Development Company.

Left that Sept 08. Since I have been working odd jobs and looking for work. Well, the odd jobs ran out and the work market does not seem to be getting any better.

I am just glad I have never stuck myself with Credit of any type. Now I just have to pay the living expenses and the hidden taxes.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A friend of mine just got laid off from one of the major liquor distributors here in Colorado..

They laid off a bunch of people.. "The positions were dissolved due to parent company finding they weren't necessary".

It's bad when the Liquor industry is laying people off. especially state-wide large-scale distributors.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Well, a lot of those type layoffs are coming around the corner.

The gov has decided to raise the unemployment insurance rate to offset the numerous extensions they tacked on.

I heard some states are going as high as 36% rate increases.

That should get a new flood of layoffs rolling. With the increase in the unemployment tax, they have to pay for it somehow!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Normally I don't participate in a conspiracy thread, but I agree that we are being blatantly lied to by the number crunchers and being fed a vast majority of lies by omisson.

I'm in agreement with the OP.

We should be afraid.....very afraid.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I read through the ENTIRE PDF from the first link I provided.

There are NUMEROUS indicators to show their lies.

I only provided the most obvious. Others are buried pretty deep.

I will repost the one I mentioned in the OP.

In addition, with this release, the seasonally adjusted establishment survey data from January 2005 forward were subject to revision due to the introduction of updated seasonal adjustment factors. .

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
erm...no.

The U-6 is a figure of people unemployed and employed part time (underemployed). I was actually expecting that to be much higher frankly.

The unemployment (total unemployment, no part time or any of that) was the 11.2 mark shown. state to state is different of course (Florida I think has hit 12.5 I believe) and some states may be doing well enough, but collectively its 11.2 for last month

which still sucks.

Obama said 1 in 6 people with jobs are underemployeed...this means that the number posted may be wrong though for U-6. simple math here...1/6th of 88.8% = 14.8 underemployment..add that to the overall figure of underemployment and unemployment (u-6) and the correct figure should be this:

U-6 = %26.6 (my math may be a bit off here, but generally)

this %26.6 of american labor force in the US is in rough shape...be it no job or barely making scratch at some part time hole. so, theoretically every 4th person you see on the street is either dirt poor or flat broke

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have also been watching the "real" numbers on unemployment (not the registered number of those still seeking unemployment through our government issued systems).

Nothing new here for me, but really a good post to aware some folks on what is actually happening here.

I gave you a star and a flag for your efforts and your insightful thread.

More people need to become aware of the size of hole we are sinking in.

Thanks for your effort in bringing real news to ATS.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah, I know my guesstimate of 25% was just that, a guesstimate. But the first link I provided was the WHOLE kit and kabootle for the numbers that came out from the government.

Like in the snippet, they straight out are saying in the PDF, that they have come up with whole new numbers for the seasonal adjustment.

The difference is about 1% point between non adjusted and adjusted.

That is a LOT of people they are saying do not have work because of the season. Does it mean they are not unemployed? No, it is an adjustment to take into account that fewer people work at this time of year, that is it.

And everywhere we look, the government is making ADJUSTMENTS to lie about what really is going on. Once the commercial properties hit the economy, forget it. We cannot cover another 1.6 Trillion in properties.

WSJ is coming out with scary stuff.

Thanks for the rundown of unemployment from your viewpoint. Our guesstimates are pretty close together.

reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks for your comment.

edit to add comment to Mr Mask

[edit on 2/11/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the rundown of unemployment from your viewpoint. Our guesstimates are pretty close together.

I won't lie, it looks pretty grim for the ten years ahead. I would really like to start "buying" all the talk about the economy getting better and the promise of new jobs, but I just don't see how that is happening where I live.

I know a lot of people. And for the first time I see so many folks totally without work, under employed and/or no longer looking for work.

I mean, it is getting crazy watching so many people I "personally know" losing jobs left and right. I know that a personal circle is far from a "good statistical reference", but I'd now say that 2 out of 10 of my friends are now jobless or underemployed.

Add to that the "real" statistics (what I rather pay attention to) of unemployed/underemployed people in our country verses statistics from just 5 years ago, it really looks bad.

I dunno...a lot of intelligent people are supposedly working to correct this problem.

I just don't see it happening.

I don't subscribe to too many conspiracy theories, but financial collapse within the foreseeable future IS not only a thing I think possible, but also a thing that has been showing telltale signs of its approach for many years now.

Watching what is happening is crazy.

Watching people "unaware of it" and "lost in la-la-land" is absolute insanity.

Again, good thread...keep up the good work.

ATS needs you.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Of course the government is lying. They are the defendant in a court case, the used car salesman that tells you the car was never in an accident, the realtor telling you we're at the bottom (for the last 3 years), the hiring manager telling you you're paid more than the others, the CEO that tells you there will be no more layoffs, the mechanic that replaced good parts, yet another politician that promises change and hope.

This vid is worth posting in a second thread.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Of course they are lying. Everything they state is a lie. Everything they want us to believe is a lie. We are dealing with liars that could care less for science, fact or truth.

There is no report of any kind that the federal government puts out that is factual. It's all lies and more lies and I for one am fed up with all the lies.

What's worse is that these corrupt political so called leaders "EXPECT" us to believe what they say. If you question the source, you are branded a nut case and so we are left to conclude that the only nut cases are the liars that keep putting out such lies about unemployment being so low or falling for that fact.

It's all lies and I don't believe or listen to any of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is pretty scary stuff. It is sad to see that they lie straight to the face of people.

I am looking for information on the global economic crisis. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction. I'd love anything that sums it up, I want to know what's actually going on and leading us into the GEC.

Thanks

link   
This is pretty scary stuff. It is sad to see that they lie straight to the face of people.

I am looking for information on the global economic crisis. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction. I'd love anything that sums it up, I want to know what's actually going on and leading us into the GEC.

Thanks

link   

Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join