It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter weather in Louisiana and the south

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, this was quite expected..
The Saints won the superbowl.
poof walla bamm:
Hell freezes over.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It continues. Snow predicted for Houston tomorrow. Snow? Seriously? Didn't we just get snow in December?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
Hello ATS, I hope I'm posting in the correct forum, if not Mods please move. This winter has been a rough one for most of the country. My husband is addicted to the Weather Channel so I've been bombarded with coverage of the winter storms throughout a lot of the country this season, but what is shocking me is that for the second time this winter season Southeastern Louisiana is expecting snow. Now weather or not this will happen is yet to be seen and by no means am I saying that we will have a blizzard or even heavy accumulation of snow, but for us ANY snow is an event! Here's a link to the weather channel

www.weather.com...

Also to add, where I live (about 45 miles north of New Orleans) we have seen snow in 2004, 2008, a very small amount this December, and now possibly today and into tonight. I'm 30 years old and grew up in the burbs of New Orleans and I can only remember 2 times before 2004 us getting snow down here....so much for global Warming.

Increased snow fall is a direct prediction of global warming - there are two main reasons for this -
Firstly the moisture which creates snow is picked up from ocean surfaces - when this is increased moisture is picked up more readily allowing for greater precipitation.

Secondly a rise in temperature moves precipitation into a belt of availability - snow will not fall below certain temperatures as it is simply too cold -

Thirdly the increase in temperature increases volatility and convection in storms - increases their size and hence accesses colder air.

Your comments only serve to highlight your lack of understanding of the science.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Originally posted by Wondering302
Hello ATS, I hope I'm posting in the correct forum, if not Mods please move. This winter has been a rough one for most of the country. My husband is addicted to the Weather Channel so I've been bombarded with coverage of the winter storms throughout a lot of the country this season, but what is shocking me is that for the second time this winter season Southeastern Louisiana is expecting snow. Now weather or not this will happen is yet to be seen and by no means am I saying that we will have a blizzard or even heavy accumulation of snow, but for us ANY snow is an event! Here's a link to the weather channel

www.weather.com...

Also to add, where I live (about 45 miles north of New Orleans) we have seen snow in 2004, 2008, a very small amount this December, and now possibly today and into tonight. I'm 30 years old and grew up in the burbs of New Orleans and I can only remember 2 times before 2004 us getting snow down here....so much for global Warming.

Increased snow fall is a direct prediction of global warming - there are two main reasons for this -
Firstly the moisture which creates snow is picked up from ocean surfaces - when this is increased moisture is picked up more readily allowing for greater precipitation.

Secondly a rise in temperature moves precipitation into a belt of availability - snow will not fall below certain temperatures as it is simply too cold -

Thirdly the increase in temperature increases volatility and convection in storms - increases their size and hence accesses colder air.

Your comments only serve to highlight your lack of understanding of the science.

You may be correct...it's debatable; however, this is a El Nino year and colder temps. and increased freezing precipitation was predicted and expected. A moderately different winter...

<< 1   >>

join