It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsterquest episode - Mothman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

Hi Genus, I saw that episode and it was pretty boring in my opinion. As intriqued as I am by mothman, I had to change the channel. We mothman enthusiasts need to get together one summer and make a documentary that would really shake them up!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen the Mothman Monsterquest episode, but I can say that I had a lot of hope for the series but the few episodes I watched were pretty terrible. I haven't been a fan of the series.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Hi Genus, I saw that episode and it was pretty boring in my opinion. As intriqued as I am by mothman, I had to change the channel. We mothman enthusiasts need to get together one summer and make a documentary that would really shake them up!

Hi Bombeni
a Mothman documentary, eh? I do know a production company.....

I really feel that Nick redfern was wasted on that episode. Anyone who's read any of Nicks books will know how passionate about Cryptozoology he is. 'Three Men Seeking monsters' and 'Diary of a Monster Hunter' are both great reads, fyi.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
At least it is good that cases like this one are still around TV so people discover it

Perhaps that episode defined the personality of a kid that now wants to take a deep and long travel into criptozoology when he grows up. Who knows..

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Chances are that if a documentary is really good it will NEVER make it to the tube.

Just think for a moment, mothmen=reptillians, reptillians="aliens", aliens control illuminati, illuminati/corporations control government(s), government controls people.

Revealing mothman to the public via tv=bad idea! Sure they allow books, but they are not quite as dramatic and memorable as watching a good flick.

Just my opinion! That would explain why at least 70% of all documentaries are lousy and 30% that are mediocre at best.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hi Genus... Like you, I came here looking for links. I have watched a couple of episodes of Monster Quest with high hopes. But for me, it kind of fell flat. Don't get me wrong, these people put in effort tried very hard to approach each topic professionally. But I don't think they had the budget to do it properly. It seemed highly speculative and intriguing... and it was entertaining, but I wanted ...MORE A topic like this takes time.

Part of me wants to see Mothman... but mostly I don't. I am fascinated with Great White Shark footage, tornadoes and volcanoes, but I don't want to get too close. Mothman... same goes. I keep a wary eye on the skies just in case he wants to stop by. But if folks start seeing him in bulk around the world... that's what I am watching out for.

Waiting for those links.

In the movie The Mothman Prophesies, they depicted it as an entities from the hellish realm. It could very well be another species for all we know. Lots of very strange things live in this world and new fodder is being introduced regularly via meteorites. So why not?

I will have to read the books.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As a former Point Pleasant resident who was a close associate with the owner of the Mothman Museum, I can tell you one thing for certain - it's a weird town.

If you're interested, you should check out this site Mothman Lives.

I lived there for about 4 years, and spent more than my fair share of time hanging out in the area called TNT where the Mothman is said to reside. It's creepy out there, not to mention the military has a base out there that they actively monitor/guard/persuade people to move along. There are a series of weapons caches/bunkers (the unofficial term around town was "Igloos" due to their shape and white paint), and they have patrols making rounds throughout the night.

I've never seen anything out there, but in all honesty the locals tend to agree that the individuals in question who witnessed the Mothman were out doing what teenage kids still do out in TNT (drinking, whatever you will), and probably were freaked out by the huge owls or, as you mentioned, a crane.

It's mainly just a ploy for tourism (Point Pleasant only recently started to pick back up again, their business took a huge hit when the Silver Bridge collapsed, losing a major travel point to and from Ohio), and it seems to be working out for them so far. I know we were all disappointed when they decided to film "Mothman Prophecies" in Pennsylvania instead of in the town of origin, but honestly that movie was so terrible I think we made off better in the end.

Either way, yeah - 4 year resident, knew lots of people who had lived there their entire lives, no reports of Mothman from anyone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I know that town like the back of my hand.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I have not watched that episode but I believe mothman are real and dangerous entities. They seem to bring a bad omen wherever they are spotted and nothing but bad luck to anyone fortunate(or probably unfortunate) enough to witness them.

They are allegedly a sub-division of the ultra-terrestrial reptillian species that originated from Alpha Draconis millions of years ago. They are also called Winged Draco!

A book by John Keel, called 'The Mothman Prophecies' is a great read into what happened in Point Pleasant, WV back in the 60's/70's. Lots of people sighted them and a few months later a bridge fell killing lots of people, I don't recall how many.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia! A 12-foot-tall, stainless-steel sculpture of the Mothman by artist Robert Roach in Point Pleasant, West Virgina.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

what if that mothman actually exists with a full consience, and looks exactly like that.

He would be like "hey sweet, there's a statue of me" =D

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

Hi Fryaga,
From the general public of Point Pleasant, what is your opinion of what they think
regarding The Mothman?
I know we on the outside, look on the phenomena as on-going and exciting, but I
thought that this creature appeared a few times and then after the accident, disappeared.
Did the Point Pleasant residents ever pass on any encounters to you?

Do you think that the Military had a connection with this strange figure in 1966?
I know that there were reports that the name 'Mothman' was an invention of a Ohio copyeditor,
did Point Pleasant residents have another name for him?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hey Biad,

To answer your first question, the general opinion from what I gathered over the years was apathy at worst, amusement at all the out of towners who came in wanting to know about the Mothman at best.

Most of the people I knew (I lived on the main drag, spent a lot of time loitering in the various businesses doing odd jobs and such as a teenager) didn't really give two shakes about it either way. You would be more likely to hear stories about Chief Cornstalk than you would the Mothman, when it comes to paranormal activity in the area.

In regards to any encounters, no - almost everyone I asked about the Mothman laughed it off, it really only started to be a serious topic when the producers from the "Mothman Prophecies" started going around to all the local businesses asking questions. As soon as dollar signs appeared, it went from local joke to serious business. I'm not disrespecting them or the town, not intentionally, but money makes the world go round.

Military? It's possible, but I doubt they had a hand in creating the Mothman story. The area in question, TNT, is one of the eeriest places I've ever been to. Plenty of people live in the area, but sections of it are locked down and all the locals are aware that you just don't go to these sections, otherwise you'll be stopped, questioned, and sent on your way. If you're interested, do a Google Earth (or anything of that sort) search of the area. Sections of it are not shown, just blocks of black between trees and hills - I don't believe there is an official military installation anywhere in TNT, but if you poke your nose in the right section you'll meet the black SUV driving individuals who guard the area.

None of the locals had any other name for Mothman, though the general consensus is that the Mothman was part of the Cornstalk curse - i.e. the Silver Bridge incident was the end-game of a curse he had put down on the white man for various reasons. The local history is pretty darn interesting actually, I'd recommend reading up on it some time.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Fryaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

Why thank you Fryaga and I'm off to look into this 'Cornstalk curse'!!
The Military base seems to want to speak out... I'm sure there's a
connection.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join