It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For anyone who hasn't heard John F. MacArthur, Jr. speech, read his voice of reason.

www.biblebb.com...

And she made him sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his hair. Then she began to afflict him, and his strength left him. And she said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep and said, "I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." (Then this line) But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
nope, I am just not willing to waste 15 minutes of my precious time in reading half-thought bull# any priest wants to vomit.

Maybe instead of working on finding solutions to whats wrong with the america in the christian view maybe he should work out on whats wrong with his brains and whats wrong with his meaningless life.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Watch both your manners as well as your vulgarity. If you have any questions, go to the rules and regs of the board and brush up. If you still have questions, go ask your parents why they didn't bother training you on proper behavior when interacting with human beings.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"" honesty ""

"" their meaningless lives ""

You come on here with (antichrist) and talk about meaningless lives while you bash
the followers of christ on a conspiracy website?

thats more meaningless than anything talking the nonsense hate that you talk.

(Thats) 100% honest.

peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My vulgarity -> LOL no comments needed.

"go ask your parents why they didn't bother training you on proper behavior when interacting with human beings." oh but they did, only I found it a lot more intelligent not to chain myself to such ethical concepts as "good or proper behaviour", it is called nihilism, if you have any question about it go ask someone that you may start insulting because you can't understand it's transcendent thought.

I bash the followers of christ wherever I find them, if you couldn't understand it till now, there is no relation between me coming to this message board and me bashing christians.

"Nonsense hate". You are christian, you obviously have no clues about what is nonsense and what isn't, how can I take you seriously then?

why wouldn't it be honest?
oh well, go read Nietzsche

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
antiChrist. Whatever you want to hate or love, disagree or agree with is your option. The purpose for this particular forum on this site, however, is not to "bash" Christianity, or any other religion wherever you find it. It is to discuss and debate how religions are used and manipulated, or possibly created, for __________ (fill in the blank with your own conspiracy topic).

I've seen many "Christian Bashing" sites out there, if that is your only purpose, try one of those. If conspiracy/ UFO topics have drawn you here and that is what you are looking to discuss and research with others, pull up a chair and become part of the searchers. We have a mix of all beliefs and religions here, point not to incite and provoke because of personal hatred.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I understand your position, but if there are topics about how good christianism is, if there are topics about how you can onlybe saved if you accept jesus christ, do I have to remain silent?
Also those topics aren't completely adequate to the purpose of this are of this mesage board. And keep in mind that I never created any threat bashing christianity, I only replied to the threads about it or about how good it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"" to proclaim the death of god ""

your not sincere, by these statements you proclaim your hate for faithful believers while having
the slightest clue why people have faith.

you cant even have respet for why i believe because (you) hate god and (dont) even want
to acknowledge why we have faith and miraces hes given.

You hate me, i love you, i love you, you hate me.

See i llove my enemies, while you hate those who you dont even know which makes you no better
than satan himself.

which would be called flat out (evil).

So tell me, and be honest. when the time comes for christians to be put to death because of evil
will you solute these evil men who do?

and if your answer is yes in your heart than you are the above qoute.

peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Surely not, antiChrist. But I promise you, if you try and discredit every belief that comes your way, you'll be one very tired puppy by the end of the day. Allowing your hate to boil out will also discredit you.

I understand your feelings. I am a Christian who gets tired of reading people's posts that use my God's words out of context or without any concept of the meaning. I used to try and clear up confusion, whether it was accidental or intentional, but after a while I realized I was swimming up an endless river of sewage. Since then, I feel better.

What would be interesting is to see some people actually quit coiming in here to preach and spread the message of "___________" (Again, fill in the blank with whatever religion strikes the mind) and get down to the business of conspiracy theories. Maybe there'd be a reason to come in the religion section again and it would no longer be referred to as the sewer of ATS.

By the way, welcome aboard. We're an odd community, but a community never the less. No jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalks, no public profanity or nudity and whatever you do, don't kick the mutt in front of the courthouse. He bites. Mainly lawyers, but no use in taking a chance.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

"" to proclaim the death of god ""

your not sincere, by these statements you proclaim your hate for faithful believers while having
the slightest clue why people have faith.

you cant even have respet for why i believe because (you) hate god and (dont) even want
to acknowledge why we have faith and miraces hes given.

You hate me, i love you, i love you, you hate me.

See i llove my enemies, while you hate those who you dont even know which makes you no better
than satan himself.

which would be called flat out (evil).

So tell me, and be honest. when the time comes for christians to be put to death because of evil
will you solute these evil men who do?

and if your answer is yes in your heart than you are the above qoute.

peace.

the "death of God" is an expression that Nietzsche came up with to summarize is nihilistic views, something like this, there is no god->there is no unviersal truth->there are not universal values, morals ethics->the only honest way in life is by acknowledging this and beeig one's own God creating one's own values.

That expression does not have anything to do with the christian God directly or with christian religion or believers for that matter.

You don't have a clue about me having a clue about why you believe in christ. I do understand why people believe in christ, what is not honest is you using my supposed lack of knowledge on the reasons you embrace christian faith to mask the truth that you can't seem to point out any reasons why my thought is wrong.

It's not like I hate you, and I am being sincere, I feel offended by christian faith, I feel offended for humankind.

satan does not exist.
I don't hate people I don't know.
I am offended by the simple fact that people are christian. yes.

"So tell me, and be honest. when the time comes for christians to be put to death because of evil
will you solute these evil men who do?"

I don't understand what you are saying (poor english here :\ )

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antichrist
the "death of God" is an expression that Nietzsche came up with to summarize is nihilistic views, something like this, there is no god->there is no unviersal truth->there are not universal values, morals ethics->the only honest way in life is by acknowledging this and beeig one's own God creating one's own values.

Here's where that particular chain of logic falls short: If every individual has their own choice as to what values he/she will hold dear, what about those people who see the inflicting of pain & death as being good for themselves?

I believe that everyone *should* have the freedom to decide what they believe in, but it should also be tempered with the basic understanding that others are going to be doing the same & should make their value-systems compatible with the basic needs & desires of humankind as a whole.

In other words, Nietzsche's chain of logic tries to instill a person with a sense of individual freedom *without* addressing the fact that this freedom also carries responsibility...In other words, it denies a person's basic responsibility to recognize the same amount of freedom in other people. Sure, people *should* have the freedom...But they should also be responsible enough with that freedom to see that "Your freedom ends where my nose begins".
This is, IMO, how a lot of the "conspiracy" in the structures of organized religions have failed to serve the God/Allah/whatever...Too many of those who've had high positions of influence within a church structure have tried (& many times succeeded) in pushing a value sustem upon their followers by *rejecting* that basic responsibility to consider the needs of other people. In other words, they've pushed an idealistic system to "justify" the use of violence against "non-believers"; Hence came the crusades/jihads/inquisitions, etc.

IMO, the "conspiracy" itself is beginning to fail...I see evidence of an increasing number of people *recognizing* where such lack of responsibility has been harming the religions & taking steps against that conspiracy. IMO however, there are still far too many who do not question the ones who try to maintain the "conspiracy" & still commit atrocities on their fellow human beings, even against the very foundation of the religion that they're following...There's still too many sheep following the wrong shepards.

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join