It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSYCHEDELIANS - Trance music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I dont know why but there seems to be a huge Similarity to most of the topics posted about UFO's, MIND CONTROL, and all things relative to the universe - with TRANCE music,

- NOT RAVE

Do you think there is a connection with psychedelic experiences and all the ancient myths of TIME....

Would love to hear your theories....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by psy_smurf

I think that...(I can't post it here..T&C...) But, visuals one get's in your mind(psychedelic), could be attributed to the naturally occurring dmt in our brains. I think trance might be the same. Maybe we just connect psy-trance with outer space because of the uncontentious experiences we have encountered in rem sleep, astral traveling etc...

It's difficult to explain....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by psy_smurf

Dark....
180 BPM..... holy crap! :bash:

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
somafm.com...

there was an entire year where I would listen to this internet radio station while meditating: Drone Zone is my favourite. I like to make music like this too. Music certainly has some interesting effects, like when I listen to this station my thoughts are very calm, i feel overall pretty balanced and at peace.

When I had an Ayahuasca ceremony in the amazon the shaman would sing these "Icaros" and you realize later the grounding effect it had, as it was very repetitive and sort of kept you in rhythm with everyone else.

There are some cool threads about the effects of musical tones, especially the conspiracy of detuning music from its original 432, that's a cool one. I've experimented with that by changing the pitch of my music, and making a meditative sound that used all the chakra tones. I used that for a good year or so and I found within 2 rounds of listening to it.. roughly like.. 3 minutes, i was completely balanced. I find experimenting with making trance like music also has the tendency to stimulate my lower "tan tien" or sacral area, kind of leaves you with a certain sexual feeling.

Not just ambient or trance music, but all music has certain effects. I did a thread on how I felt sort of tuned with the music I listen to. There is certain music that just makes you aggressive and want to do something stupid. There is music that uplifts you and makes you want to bring change or something. There is music that makes you feel a harmony with nature, and music that inspires strength. Life is music man. Music is a powerful tool ready to be harnessed.

new topics

top topics

join