It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's "Carbon Dioxide Quiz - how much do you know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In lieu of Global Warming,
to keep the cap and trade dream alive
a new rendition, a new strategy was executed.

Climate Change.

What would be better than to save the earth from green house gases than to buy up mass carbon credits and sell them to dirty industrial giants for mass profits?

No need to worry though, there will be a cap on the credits available.

We should see a reversal, a reduction in these devistating carbon based pollutants - if you will - within...oh...a score of millenia?

But just to verify the purports that so many people are not aware of the dangers of carbon, NASA has compiled a quiz for all who dare take it.

Thank God for such novel educational tools.
To think that we may never know how devistating cabon is is just unacceptable.

Take the quiz and find out how much or little you know about this potential planet killing elementary substance, (unless it is in its pure crystallized state - Diamond)

good luck.
Start HERE

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
last time I looked, CO2 was 383 parts per million, rounded up to %0.004 of the atmosphere, just how can so little have so much effect on the rest of the atmosphere? anyone know??

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

In lieu of Global Warming,
to keep the cap and trade dream alive
a new rendition, a new strategy was executed.

Climate Change.

CO2 haiku? Good start, but you need to limit the syllables and include a delimiting punctuation/phrase... e.g.:

Globe Warming
keep trade cap dream alive
evolved rendition:
Climate Change!

I will not take the quiz; if it was created by Hansen, et al, they can change the answers as they see fit!

jw

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
last time I looked, CO2 was 383 parts per million, rounded up to %0.004 of the atmosphere, just how can so little have so much effect on the rest of the atmosphere? anyone know??

Here's a fun way to illustrate this:

(400/1,000,000 = 4/10,000)

Take a one-gallon pickle jar,
In a bucket, mix 9,996 clear glass beads and 4 green or black ones.
Pour these into the jar.
Observe.
Remove 1 clear bead and replace with 1 green or black bead ( a 25% increase of green/black beads)

Now you can see why some scoff at the "alarming increase" of black beads in the air.

Next, calculate how much the increase of 25% actually affects IR absorption in the appropriate wavelengths. (Hint: it does not appreciably do so.)

You will find HUGE arguments over this simple estimation/calculation. Yet those screaming the loudest will also tell you "the science is settled."

Go figure.
Really.

jw

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by pikestaff

Here's a fun way to illustrate this:

(400/1,000,000 = 4/10,000)

Take a one-gallon pickle jar,
In a bucket, mix 9,996 clear glass beads and 4 green or black ones.
Pour these into the jar.
Observe.
Remove 1 clear bead and replace with 1 green or black bead ( a 25% increase of green/black beads)

Now you can see why some scoff at the "alarming increase" of black beads in the air.

Next, calculate how much the increase of 25% actually affects IR absorption in the appropriate wavelengths. (Hint: it does not appreciably do so.)

You explained that well.

I love water bucket theories that anyone can understand.

new topics

top topics

join