It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will win the election?

page: 1

join
share:
rc

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Who do you think will win the election in November. Bush is behind in the polls but people seem to think that he will win. What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't really care about who wins the election really. It all depends on how things unfold over the next few months with the supposed Terrorist attacks and how the war develops. I'm thinking Kerry right now, but if all goes well with the war and stuff before Nov., Bush may win. I think it may be another tight race like Bush & Gore 4 years ago.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am going to win the elections

The reality is that kerry is going to win the elections, Bush votes comes from mostly white american conservative males. Most working class and housewife womens did not vote last elections. I was one of them, because the womens issues that this president does not support womens are going to vote against him, Kerry will win with most of the womens votes.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The American public isn't as stupid as the Bush regime seems to think we are. They have lied to us for years, and I mean whoppers. Kerry will definately win. I know of nobody that is voting for Bush, and I live in a Republican community.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Despite staying at a Holiday Inn Express the other night, I�m no political analyst. But I think we�re looking at 4 more years of Bush.

Clinton was what? 32% favorable in the polls when he was running for reelection?

Reelections are a referendum on the incumbent. The economy is picking up and is slowly becoming a non-issue for reelection. Battleground states, like MI and OH, were hurt in the economy BUT they also supported the war in Iraq more than any other region. (If the economy keeps improving, you�d have a hard, hard time trying to get a beer drinking, Irish-Catholic ironworker from Cleveland to vote for Kerry, sorry)

And of women, it�s been said the �soccer mom� demographic is now the �safety mom� � who will obviously vote for Bush. I think most women put their, and their children�s, right-not-to-be-blow-up-by-a-radical-islamofascist ahead of the so-called �right� to kill their unborn.

ALSO, why are the dems drooling over a McCain-Kerry ticket? That alone should tell you something about how that team feels about their own quarterback

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

TextClinton was what? 32% favorable in the polls when he was running for reelection?

Clinton had the womens vote.

Moms in this country behind doors are pro womens rights.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And probably all those regular guys like us that supported all that Bill did. (with Monica that is)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
hey!!! he was more fun than Bush, He was a lover not a fighter.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Moms in this country behind doors are pro womens rights.

- Why didn't those votes carry over to Gore?
- don't you mean 'pro abortion' rights? what other 'right' could you possibly be talking about?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What can I say Gore was better looking than Clinton but not as charismatic, and yes I am guilty, I am pro choice, pro womans right liberal and don't like any religious organizations I don't believe in religious bs. I raise my son to respect womens rights and my daughter to fight for her rights.

It is good to be in ATS.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Who's gonna win? Well they canidate with the most votes, right? HA Ha he he.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm sad to say that I dont vote....Im still old school on that "your vote doesnt count" kind of conspiracy idea. But, with that being said, I would want the Bush administration to still hold power because I work for the government (lets just say that I get to play with all the toys that YOU dont know about!) and that he would keep my paycheck climbing!

But alas...dont worry, I have dedicated my work with the government soley to bringing it down from the inside out!

-Jack

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Its proven that 82.5% of all polls and statitics are false.

I think Dubya will probly win. Will be my 4th time voting for a Bush

Even hard nose democrates are leaning towards Dubya, the lesser of two evils. And I'm in Kenctucky, where your car used to get keyed for having republican stickers on it. Now, thats all you see "Dubya 04". I havn't talked to anyone who is voting for Kerry.

Even when I go back home to eastern kentucky, mountain folks are voting Bush. Most see Kerry as a.. well can't say but starts with pu and ends with ssy. And these the same people who pretty much disowned me when I registered republican in 1987. Tmes have changed.

And yes I know, just because some mountain trash is voting bush don't mean squat, but who you think been voting democrate for the last few elections?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was going to start this as a new topic, but I thought that its place would best be disscused here....

I just cant get over feeling that our (the people's) vote doesn't count. Now, I know that its not as simple as that, but congress, or whoevers in charge up there, could simply pick the guy most voted for, but use him as a pawn. The reason I believe this is for the simple things that have taken place in the past. For example, Kennedy gets assasinated...then we go to Vietnam. What if Kennedy was going AGAINST what he was being told what to do.

Im sorry... I sorta got of the task at hand there, and I'm sure that the Kennedy conspiracy has had the hell disscused out of it here on ATS.

Maybe I should try and find that post....

-Jack

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The reality is that kerry is going to win the elections, Bush votes comes from mostly white american conservative males. Most working class and housewife womens did not vote last elections. I was one of them, because the womens issues that this president does not support womens are going to vote against him, Kerry will win with most of the womens votes.

Well this working class, liberal, atheist, mother of two is not voting for Kerry unless he actually lays out his platform.

I read his website weekly, hoping that this man will actually tell me how he's going to produce jobs, pay for his health care plan, all while not raising my taxes. If this man really wants my vote, he needs to step up and actually give some details.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The mainstream press will decide the election. I work at the polls in a

republican district and I still do not find confirmed opinions. The press pushes and pulls in one direction or another and the public makes its mind up according to hometown papers and views. It is ironic that this election would be so close (just as the last time) when we have gone through terrorism, wars, risk factors, recession, the economy is on the upswing,.
world opinion is against us yet France, Germany, Saudi and others are insisting they are in a fight against terrorism. We go out and actually spend our lives, reputation, money on the fight against terrorism and yet the election remains close. Are we to think that mistakes are never made. Or are we beating ourselves up because we thing we are so perfect that we can't allow for mistakes made by the US. The precedeing is not to be taken as opinion but subject for thought and discussion.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
William Hung will win!!! LOL, just for fun, relax guys!!

join