It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones IPhone App Burning Up ITunes: Is Alex Jones A DisInformation Hypocrite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
"Infowars.com
February 10, 2010

Editor’s note: 7:30 CST. The app for Alex’s radio show has climbed to number 6 at the iTunes Store.

The iPhone application designed for listening to the Alex Jones Show has shot up on the iTunes Store chart listing free apps. On February 10, the app rated number eight on the chart, beating out apps for mainstream and corporate media sources, including MSNBC, the AP, The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and the Huffington Post

The popularity of the free app demonstrates the growing desire for alternative news delivered by new technology. In the coming weeks, Alex Jones plans to release more apps for a wide array of mobile and hand-held devices in order to further spread the word."

www.infowars.com...

I am listening to his podcast right now and he claims over 5000 downloads in 24 hours.

I opened up my ITunes and expected a huge Alex Jones announcement. No. I expected his app to be on the free app sidebar, in sixth place. No. As a matter of fact, on my ITunes there is NO MENTION of Alex Jones.

Now this is what I call disinformation. Grossly exaggerating the popularity of his app, boasting of so many downloads, braying about the app moving up the list. Well, why isn't it on the front page?

So I clicked into the free apps section. (How generous, a free CELL PHONE APP. )

There was a list that said top free apps. It was a list of 100 apps, not a single Alex Jones App in the bunch. I had to search ITunes to find it, and indeed, it was number six on the smaller NEWS SECTION TOP FREE APPS list.

To me, when you bray on about Top App nonsense, please do not fail to mention it in the subsection of apps called News, not the entire APP LIBRARY.

In his defense (hey I listen to him every day.) He seems to have a LOT of positive reviews.

Well, well, Alex Jones releases an APP for cell phones.

Anyone else smell hypocrisy?

I can understand wanting to reach people but Alex, I thought cell phones were part of the EVIL NWO SHADOW GOVERNMENT BILDERBERG evil plot to enslave us all. Alex, are YOU really part of the NWO AGENDA??

His Own Words:

"56 minutes, 12 seconds into broadcast] Look, let me just accelerate up to what’s currently happening. “A”, this is engineered. They set up the martial law preparations, they prepared the military for all of it, they put them through the urban warfare training and told them it was for America. FEMA went around in the last three years [2005-2008] hiring over twenty six thousand preachers secretly to train their flocks to do what government says, to turn their guns in, to go to FEMA camps. We told you that before it was declassified last year [2007]. Again the credibility. Everything we tell you happens. They militarized the police. They went from five hundred thousand cops to 3 million cops. They built federal command centers in every major city overseeing the surrounding counties with live-time GPS tracking via the cell towers triangulating down to all the telephones. (people always play semantical games with that, the cell towers are GPS, they triangulate into the phone down to fifteen feet regulation). A military control grid was put in place. And then we get the IMF and World Bank documents, leaked after Joseph Stiglitz leaves The World Bank as their chief economist. "

I am going to assume he is now OK with cell phones, and has now changed his mind and feels it is great to use cell phones.

He brags about this APP several times during the podcast, lol!

Anyway, what do yall think? Is Alex Jones a disinformation hypocrit? I love listening to him because I find tiny little misrepresentations of the truth coming from him all the time. Like he tells the truth, but leaves part of the story out (like the APP on the ITunes store).

And its free so of COURSE people will gobble it up.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No. It's just an application where you can listen to his show on itunes. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I use his app all the time. It's quite neat. It beats finding an affiliate radio program to listen to his show or using a cell-phone.

And I think his views on cell-phones have probably changed since they're popular and now safe to use. So... he probably has changed his mind like a lot of other people who used to believe in conspiracy theories about them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Cool. I know when I get my smartphone I will download tons of apps, including Alex Jones App, myself. (If he makes one for the Droid, that is). I love listening to Alex Jones, for many reasons, but one thing is for certain, hypocrite or dis-info agent, he sure is entertaining!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He;s not a hypocrite. Coast to Coast / George Noory has one for

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I dont see why we have to bash Alex

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think it is time to put Alex Jones to bed and simply write him off as another attention wh***. He's a punch line at this point. We need a new Alex Jones/David Icke so a new group of people can consider his or her ideas because now many simply write off David Icke or Alex Jones. As they should. They have been on this other worldly circuit for too long and have never changed anything. If anything, they have supported the general idea that those who search for "the truth" in conspiracies are tin hat wearing dingbats.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here we go....

I say he speaks the truth. And he's reporting whats really going on, not just a figment of his imagination.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
AJ is dead on with everything the reason he released this was because they are banning his website all over the world and certain ISP's in the US, internet censorship is coming unless we stop it this is a different way to get info.

Alex Jones haters are still grazing on green pastures crapping on their legs.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Good for him. He's no dummy.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

And I think his views on cell-phones have probably changed since they're popular and now safe to use.

Bold added by me..

Ahh no.. they aren't safe to use.. where did you hear this crap.. Not only do they supposedly give your tumors or brain cancer(notice I am not sure on this, that is why supposedly is there.) They can track you and listen to you whenever they want.. They have a GPS on the phone to track where you are going up to a few feet.. Do you really believe only 911 has that info?(emergency phone service for police and fire and EMS for you people that aren't in the US) And they can listen to everything you say where it is on or off no matter what Unless ofcourse you take the battery out..

As in safe to use, Its all in the eyes of the beholder.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
its not like 5000 or 50 000 download are a lot .... its a really pretty low number ...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
The iPhone application designed for listening to the Alex Jones Show has shot up on the iTunes Store chart listing free apps. On February 10, the app rated number eight on the chart, beating out apps for mainstream and corporate media sources, including MSNBC, the AP, The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and the Huffington Post

The alone is enough to start doubting the credibility of Alex Jones imo.

The DoD participates in "information warfare" aka "propaganda" and AJ being that high on the media charts obviously makes him very high priority. But the problem is he's been very vocal and visible for years already.

This coupled with the video of him disrupting another peaceful protest by barging in with his own megaphone and yelling over them all is enough for me to disregard him as having any kind of privileged information, which he doesn't, anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

The alone is enough to start doubting the credibility of Alex Jones imo.

The DoD participates in "information warfare" aka "propaganda" and AJ being that high on the media charts obviously makes him very high priority. But the problem is he's been very vocal and visible for years already.

I don't agree but what you say does bring into mind some interesting questions though. I don't think Alex Jones personally works for the government but he has said in the past that he didn't want to be the government's slave anymore. If he was really against the government actions this whole time- than why would he say something like that? There are tons of clips on youtube about him saying stuff like that.

This coupled with the video of him disrupting another peaceful protest by barging in with his own megaphone and yelling over them all is enough for me to disregard him as having any kind of privileged information, which he doesn't, anyway.

Alex Jones doesn't have privileged information. He gets his news from where you, or, I, or any other person gets their news from. He just does the reporting on it. He also gets inside information from government people, or, disgruntled employees wishing to just get it all out (whistleblowers). If you look at his website he sites all his sources... and he doesn't editorialize anything (except for the occasional op-ed they do). As for disrupting peaceful protests... I think that's just AJ's tendency... and I think he needs to work on his manners.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

And I think his views on cell-phones have probably changed since they're popular and now safe to use.

Bold added by me..

Ahh no.. they aren't safe to use.. where did you hear this crap.. Not only do they supposedly give your tumors or brain cancer(notice I am not sure on this, that is why supposedly is there.) They can track you and listen to you whenever they want.. They have a GPS on the phone to track where you are going up to a few feet.. Do you really believe only 911 has that info?(emergency phone service for police and fire and EMS for you people that aren't in the US) And they can listen to everything you say where it is on or off no matter what Unless ofcourse you take the battery out..

As in safe to use, Its all in the eyes of the beholder.

I've had a cell-phone for like about 5 years give or take... for a while... and I haven't become a government slave, nor have I developed any symptoms of cancer or brain tumor. And I don't live in massive paranoia that the government is tracking wherever I am all the time. I don't think the government owns the phone companies yet. All they can just do is monitor our phone conversations... and that's the kind of thing I don't like. I get to call whoever I like... I think cell-phones are a pretty useful tool.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Who cares one way or the other? You listen to him or you don't. Personally, I think one should do his own homework instead of just listening to anyone preach.
Though I have nothing against Alex Jones, but I've never listened to him either.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thats good for you..

I heard this once some old man once said it.. Thomas Jefferson it was...

Those who give up liberty for temporary security deserve neither and lose both.

That my friend is the exact meaning of the term used above.. Thank you for playing The next top Gestapo country. For winning you get to be put in a camp and worked to death.

Have a good day..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Thats good for you..

I heard this once some old man once said it.. Thomas Jefferson it was...

Those who give up liberty for temporary security deserve neither and lose both.

That my friend is the exact meaning of the term used above.. Thank you for playing The next top Gestapo country. For winning you get to be put in a camp and worked to death.

Have a good day..

Are you saying Frank is going to an NWO death camp for having a cell phone, or for downloading Alex Jones App??

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Umm.. Ya.... Thats what we were talking about... Sure...

You should reread what we were talking about... eh?

Here is a few points in case you missed it..

They can track you and listen to you whenever they want.. They have a GPS on the phone to track where you are going up to a few feet.. Do you really believe only 911 has that info?(emergency phone service for police and fire and EMS for you people that aren't in the US) And they can listen to everything you say where it is on or off no matter what Unless ofcourse you take the battery out..

From him because I said....

Because he said..

THen I said at the very end..

So where does this fit in with Alex Jones?? It dont.. We had a diffrent conversation all together without trying to derail the thread all that much.. But here it is for you in case you missed it..

I stated giving up liberty for temp security lose both deserve neither because of the comments he said about what the goverment is doing(listening on phones and tracking people) that it was a bad thing because well we seen this happen before, and the last time 3 million people died..

But meh, I should get a celphone to.. all that wire i need to carry around wit these lanlines is crazy..

Anyway.. WEEE APPS BY AJ!!!! More garbage than you can shake a stick at.. What is he going to talk about another interview he and Sheen got cooked up with god.. I ment Obama?

new topics

top topics

join