It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Schulzinger (Lockheed photographer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The Internaltional Society for Aviation Photography will be having their convention soon in Las Vegas.

ISAP Symposium

Two photographers are of interest. One is Jim Sugar, whose presentation I've seen. Jim has done extensive photography with Scaled Composites / Burt Rutan. (Who knows what Rutan has showed him.) Jim is a National Geographic caliber photographer. I won't ruin the talk, but a lot of it is more like advice for life rather than advice on photography. Here is one hint from Jim: Always shoot a few vertical shots (as opposed to landscape) since the vertical shots can get you the magazine cover. Jim has had his share of magazine covers.

Now for the geeky stuff, there is Eric Schulzinger. I have not seen his presentation before, but here is the description from the website:

Eric Schulzinger Eric traces his career back twenty years to the Skunk Works where he worked with such aerospace design leaders as Ben Rich and Kelly Johnson. Originally a flight-test photographer for the Skunk Works, he has literally watched and photographed the evolution of stealth design. His images have appeared on magazine covers around the world featuring such aircraft as the U-2, SR-71, F-117, F-22, JSF, and the DarkStar. Currently, Schulzinger is director of photography for Lockheed Martin Corporation.

Clearly, this is the guy to capture and waterboard until he spills the beans. [Yes, that is a joke.] As an alternative, just get him drunk and see if he talks.

I noticed they have two media days. One is for Red Flag and the other is at Creech AFB. Creech is sold out.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Where is the Aurora?
Did he take the picture that i use in my Avatar?

join