It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States, more and more the vulnerable island without money or friends.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just doing the nightly read around the world and it just seems more and more obvious, we are quickly becoming more and more a vulnerable island with fewer and fewer friends, and the bank, its broken.

www.reuters.com...
China PLA officers urge economic punch against U.S.

www.reuters.com...
Moscow says U.S. missile shield aimed at Russia

washingtontimes.com...
France snubs U.S., will sell ship to Russia

www.news.az...
US playing dirty against Turkey

www.postzambia.com...
Chavez: U.S. military bases in Colombia stab to S. America

www.timesonline.co.uk...
School bombing exposes Obama’s secret war inside Pakistan

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We have lots of "friends" ESPECIALLY when there is a crisis in another country and they want our help...um...money...

I really do hope and pray that when/if another crisis hits us like Katrina that we will respond to our own people as quickly as we did to Haiti.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it that way right at the moment. I'm seeing some distancing and a world individually and also collectively turning their backs and pointing their finger as we make dumb move after dumb move as we go into the money toilet. Haiti? Yeah we ran in there pretty fast, almost scary fast when compared to Katrina, I guess we "wanted" our southern shores to be demolished and abandoned and we wanted Haiti to "be ours".
I usually trust my gut, and I'm not an overactive alarmist, yet my gut is telling me the turd is about to drop and drop hard.
And Turkey....me thinks there is more in play than meets the eye and I've been feeling that for a while.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh no -- that's not TRUE !

People still like the US !

It's the sucker-fish Israel that people don't like

Lose Israel and people will start loving the US again. Guaranteed

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
the sooner america pulls her nose out of other peoples business, the better. It is one thing to help people in disaster situations, but another to lord it over them after the fact and say they owe you bigtime forever.

Go Home and stay home take care of your own poor before you start telling everyone how righteous you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A friend in need is a friend indeed.

We COULD make a go of it just fine if we brought industry back.

Fortress America...kinda like the sound of that

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

I agree, If Australians would only see what is happening to our industry (it's all going to China,India and Taiwan) We might be able to give our kids jobs and not to a lot of slopes.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Rayzor51]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Oh no -- that's not TRUE !

People still like the US !

It's the sucker-fish Israel that people don't like

Lose Israel and people will start loving the US again. Guaranteed

Somewhere that line of seperation, of two completely different entities became erased and The US became Israel. Maybe if we werent governed by Israel ? maybe, but that worm has eaten itself into the core of the apple long ago, and its ALL worm now, so.....that isnt going to happen, Israel is D.C. and its not going away.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

A lot of people in the US are fine people, just like any other country.

It is the creeps at the top that are giving your country and mine bad names, and as for the Isrealies.... it is too late the leech has almost sucked your country dry and it only took them about 60 years

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rayzor51

Originally posted by felonius

I agree, If Australians would only see what is happening to our industry (it's all going to China,India and Taiwan) We might be able to give our kids jobs and not to a lot of slopes.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Rayzor51]

Sure seems to be designed that way now doesnt it? The industry owners and leaders have to be the ones relocating correct?
They call themselves countrymen and send the jobs needed to earn the money to buy their products sold to their countrymen AWAY, then scratch their heads when their product isnt consumed, because......? geee how many people are out of work now?
SOON the "slopes" wont be working either because demand will be ?????
But its more important to travel around the world and piss people off and forget about the people back home.
INSANE!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think you mean the United States' government/military complex is the one losing friends.

When traveling I've realized most people welcome US travelers with open arms unless they wear USA flags or parade around as if they come from the greatest nation on the planet.

I do feel that more and more people worldwide are opening up to the fact that our government no longer represents the people, only corporate interests. So I completely blame our federal government on these two issues, but then again we the people only have our inaction to blame. But that's a whole nother topic.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Britain,Australia,Japan,Canada,Spain,Israel, South Korea are our friends and we will always defend them and they will always defend us. And last time I checked they account for most of the military and financial might in the world.

Alot of citizens of the nations listed above hate America but when the chips are down even they will realize the need for the juggernaut known as the US of A. Once we get going it is impossible to stop and if you are in the way you will have a bad day. The problem is getting it rolling it is almost as impossible as stopping it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Boy it must be really bad if Russia has to purchase ships from France!

I don't know the sources you quote from.Our they leftist leaning to begin with?

There are a lot of different forces operating around the world, they know we have a naive inexperienced and ignorant administration and a internal struggle for legislative control.

But all that aside.

WHY DO PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES WANT TO COME HERE?

Vegas baby.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

www.reuters.com... China PLA officers urge economic punch against U.S. www.reuters.com... Moscow says U.S. missile shield aimed at Russia washingtontimes.com... France snubs U.S., will sell ship to Russia www.news.az... US playing dirty against Turkey www.postzambia.com... Chavez: U.S. military bases in Colombia stab to S. America www.timesonline.co.uk... School bombing exposes Obama’s secret war inside Pakistan

Nice references... Lets see:

China???? A f*cking comunist nation where people work like ants and receive less than 25 cents/hour...

Moscow... WTF??? Russians when get bored, use to invade Georgia and other small former soviet nations leaving a pile of corpses behind the troops.

France?? You gotta be f*cking kiddin' me... Nicolas Sarkozy is a clown. The worst French president EVER. Ever week he receive an anonymous correspondence with a rifle bullet inside, showing the satisfaction of the French people with his government.

Hugo Chaves??? Are you serious????

Pakistan??? Middle East is the HELL, I guess quite weird take anything said by everyone there, as reference about something.

By the way, AIN'T NORTH AMERICAN, but the models used to criticize USA in this thread, are bizarre, to say the minimum...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The US isn't going down, whilst they might have become a bit addicted to easy money, their creative intelligence is something countries like China etc. still cannot comprehend. That's why they still send their most gifted to the US to study.

Many students from Asian countries perform above average on standardized tests; however they still view with envy the creativity of the west.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

www.reuters.com... China PLA officers urge economic punch against U.S. www.reuters.com... Moscow says U.S. missile shield aimed at Russia washingtontimes.com... France snubs U.S., will sell ship to Russia www.news.az... US playing dirty against Turkey www.postzambia.com... Chavez: U.S. military bases in Colombia stab to S. America www.timesonline.co.uk... School bombing exposes Obama’s secret war inside Pakistan

Nice references... Lets see:

China???? A f*cking comunist nation where people work like ants and receive less than 25 cents/hour...

Moscow... WTF??? Russians when get bored, use to invade Georgia and other small former soviet nations leaving a pile of corpses behind the troops.

France?? You gotta be f*cking kiddin' me... Nicolas Sarkozy is a clown. The worst French president EVER. Ever week he receive an anonymous correspondence with a rifle bullet inside, showing the satisfaction of the French people with his government.

Hugo Chaves??? Are you serious????

Pakistan??? Middle East is the HELL, I guess quite weird take anything said by everyone there, as reference about something.

By the way, AIN'T NORTH AMERICAN, but the models used to criticize USA in this thread, are bizarre, to say the minimum...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

I aint North American either, I'm a U.S. citizen,
the collected written commentary are from sources read throughout the world OTHER THAN the MSM. and discounting their impact or validity can be your personal choice,
the entire idea that the political or geographical make up or location has a lesser effect against policy or direct monetary impact on the U.S. is foolish.
The "LIST" of friends posted and referred to is and has been a running joke. It is this extremely biased and one way "glad hand" association that has been allowed to evole into a completely parasitic, life sucking drain and drowning on the U.S. as a whole.
Although noting that "innovation" from the states is "envied"and their "best and brightest" are sent to our shores to study does seem like a compliment to our intelligence,isnt that a little deceptive when the knowledge gained is then used against us, and the providers are weakened in lifestyle and standing and ranked under the level of intelligence that the parasites display?
Rah Rah go team go isnt going to make a team of one leg asskickers win any competition, it's just a display of medicated delusionals sitting in the bleachers denying reality.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Boy it must be really bad if Russia has to purchase ships from France!

I don't know the sources you quote from.Our they leftist leaning to begin with?

There are a lot of different forces operating around the world, they know we have a naive inexperienced and ignorant administration and a internal struggle for legislative control.

But all that aside.

WHY DO PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES WANT TO COME HERE?

Vegas baby.

Dont assume me to be leftist,

you believe our administration to be inexperienced???????
Hardly, they are some of the BEST deceptive controlling political idiot savants money can buy, and although they may speak of your care and salvation and have you believing its an unforeseen bumpy section of the road.......all the while it's been a road chosen to drive you down, and as the "end of the road" nears, You will be the only one getting out of the bus and left there............while the bus drivers>>>>>>>>>Drive away!
and you WONT be in Vegas.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The United States is not an Island. Islands are surrounded by water. Hawaii is an Island.

top topics

join