It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide, missile attacks are ready 'to strike at Anglo-Saxon culture'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is starting to appear around the internet message boards. One of the boards I have read talks about the Iranians having one or two subs out fitted with black market nuclear cruise missles. This is rumored to be the reason for the US moving out 7 aircraft carrier battle groups which by the way are HUGE. Just one battle group is larger then the entire Chineese navy combined. Russia is also rumored to be doing the same with their navy. Although this could just be another impact related disinfo story.

May 28, 2004
2004 WorldNetDaily.com

An official of Iran's Revolutionary Guards has threatened the United States and other Western nations with suicide and missile attacks aimed at 29 sensitive sites.

"Our missiles are now ready to strike at their civilization, and as soon as the instructions arrive from leader ['Ali Khamenei], we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations," the Revolutionary Guard adviser said in a speech reported by the London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, according to Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Iran now ? That explains the mention of Iran as being a possible next target for US forces. Actually, until today I didn't think that Iran had any coastline abutting a major ocean, so I called up an atlas - and saw the Arabian Sea. Now I understand how they could have submarines.
It looks as if the whole Middle East is a boiling pot about to overflow.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It is things like this that if they are true really do scare people. Looking through history, a major war was iminent within the next decade or so, this however is not looking good. All of the major shifts are occuring at the wrong time and things are starting to boil.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I thought you said the maneuvers were because of an impending celestial impact?

So what is it?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
the middle east is going to surround iraq and destroy all of the troops then all hell is going to break loose

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Let's play a game.... Thermonuclear global destruction.

How about a game of tic-tac-toe?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
asteroids arnt our problems, that has been 'taken care of'

however the US being struck by mothballed nuke sub or nukes on long term timers is more likely.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's been mentioned here that the Russian fleet is being deployed... can someone please link to proof of this???

I think this would go a long way towards either proving that an asteroid was inbound or that Iranian subs were on the loose (and about to be sunk by a combined US-Russian force).

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Good heavens, if the Iranian submarine theory is true, THAT is one scarey piece of news.
For all you Nostradamus devotees, isn't there a quatrain that says something about "a complete fleet being destroyed" in the Mediterranean?
joey

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Russia is still pressing the issue of building a reactor for Iran. If the Russians are in fact helping us track down a possible Iranian boomer, then the Russians are being uncharacteristically honest about the peaceful intent of their reactor project. Frankly I have a hard time believing that the Russians are being helpful unless somebody has a gun to Putin's head. As or the Russian fleet being deployed, I need to see a link.

Now for motive. Why in the hell would Iran want to mount a first strike? A blackmail operation with the goal of forcing the west out of the region and unifying the middle east has always been what was expected. Why destroy the world when you can become a major power in it instead. Why play tic-tac-toe win poker will work better?

The sane one: I find your prediction unlikely, and your expected outcome impossible. Let's think about this. An Arab coalition (likely core members are Iran, Syria, Jordan, Egypt... it would take a hard-line coup to bring Saudi into the war actively.) invades Iraq, and America can't hold. We don't just sit there and wait to be over-run.
1. We attack right through Syria and Jordan, taking them out of the equation and linking up with Israel, with the goal of holding the Straight of Suez against the Egyptians and having Turkey attack from the North to cut Iranian lines of supply.
or if we don't trust NATO to save our butt in such a precarious situation,
2. We move North, unopposed, into Turkey where we pressure NATO for assistance (having put them in the combat zone already) and prepare a counter offensive to begin within 1-2 months, while reinforcing Israel's hold on Suez and making incursions from Turkey to relieve pressure on Israel's eastern front.
Either way America escapes Iraq with major losses of equipment but gets a blank check to invade any thing and everything in the middle east. We'd could move enough equipment to counter attack within a couple of months, especially if we could bring the Europeans into it by promising Marhsall Plan style reconstruction. Within 6 months the full might of American power can be brought to bear, Gulf War I style, and within 8-12 months of the beginning, American troops will be at the heart of prison abuse scandals in every country from Egypt to Iran.
1 year of pan arab war, a few thousand American casualties, a couple hundred billion dollars, and total control over the middle east. It's the American government's wet-dreams come true. If Iran tries to nuke somebody, Donald Rumsfeld had better hope the bomb goes off, because its sure to have a "made in the USA" sticker on it.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
It looks as if the whole Middle East is a boiling pot about to overflow.

Now that is probably the most sensible comment I've heard. Something is definitely wrong over there. The question is 'who is responsible for it'. Innocent people are dying and, if this is true, more will join them. So what the feck is going on ???

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

So what is it?

Did you read this part of the first post?

"Although this could just be another impact related disinfo story."

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here is a related article...

Iranian official
threatens U.S.

www.wnd.com...

Other threads about deployment...

www.timebomb2000.com...

www.timebomb2000.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com.../28/04&replies=0

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

Originally posted by Facefirst

So what is it?

Did you read this part of the first post?

"Although this could just be another impact related disinfo story."

I would buy this story over the impact story.

Don't you think an astronomer would have spotted the impact object and blown the whistle by now? The impact story sounds like a load of Bull.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok.. IF Iran were able to launch subs with nuclear missiles and IF they were able to launch these missles at US cities... How would we ever know for sure it was Iran that launched the attack?

If they blow themselves up after the launch it could be said that they came from any nation and were just terrorists... or Al-Qaeda... leaving the USA without a clear path to retaliation... If Iran were to pull of an attack like this and make it look like it was only terrorists what could anyone really do about it.

There is no doubt that Iran feels threatened by the USA and by Israel and for all we know they could be plotting an attack like this.

Lets just hope they can't do it or that the reports are false.

Gazz

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It doesn't matter which story you believe in. The fact is, our fleet is leaving port. Question is...WHY? Not the story you read in the news. The real reason. Why are so much of our forces gone from US soil?

Are we getting ready for another massive campain before the election?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It doesn't matter which story you believe in. The fact is, our fleet is leaving port. Question is...WHY? Not the story you read in the news. The real reason. Why are so much of our forces gone from US soil?

How do you know it is not the story in the news?

I think it is most likely a large-scale exercise maneuver. So much of our forces have been gone from US soil for over 60 years.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think getting ourselves in yet another armed conflict BEFORE the election will pretty much seal Bush's fate as a one-term president.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Iran owning a sub?

Do they even know how to operate it? They don't exactly come with an operator's manual.

Our subs would take care of it long before it reached our coastline.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Iran: Current Developments and U.S. Policy (Old but informative)

"On August 4, 1993, Iran took delivery of a second Russian Kilo-class diesel submarine, and the third and final Russian sub reportedly is on its way to Iran as of December 1996. Russia went ahead with the first two deliveries despite vigorous U.S. protests. "

www.globalsecurity.org...

If we do have another conflict, Bush could very well remain in the White House by his own power. If the condition warranted, I believe Bush would try to suspend the election through the use of some executive power of some sort.

interactive.zogby.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join