It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad unveils electric Samand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Think of it this way...if IRAN switched to electric powered cars on a national scale then building of Nuke power plants is justified and flies in the face of the Western world that is against the building of Nuke plants.

So is weapons grade refinement necessary for plants that will power electric cars

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It looks like a pretty slick little vehicle to be honest.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yes, but think of the symbolism!

Haha, I know I was hoping for more too, but you gotta admit its a pretty good move against the oil cartel.

Now that he has done it, what is stopping china and russia to do the same? Just speculating...

True statement. The mere fact that Iran is trying to enter the economy in such a way is more of a power move than people are giving it credit for.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Upon reading this thread it has become obvious that this site is rank with liberals who are still drunk on kool-aid. Electric cars are not "eco-friendly". Do you know how much energy is used to manufacture batteries? Do you know how that energy is generated? Do you know what batteries are made from? Do you know what happens to batteries when you discard them? Do you know the answers to any of these questions?

Learn these answers and then tell me if you are still "goin' green" with your electric and hybrid cars. There is nothing green about them.

As for wanting an end to capitalism, you want an end to freedom and prosperity. Please leave the country and go to one that embraces your ideas, because come November of this year and November of 2012, you will see how this country feels about those ideas. Massachusetts is just the beginning.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have a feeling that iran is the woman bringing food to the soldiers and the soldiers out of fear kill her.

We think that they hold a gun under there jacket but ill bet they will show us a flower.

I think they want to baffel us with revolutionary views that we should all adapt but we don't because of our cooprorations

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
If this is the announcement I'm beyond disappointed.

What a waste of time. It's a car. Who cares.

Are you joking me??? Let's see.. 3rd world country with 30 years of sanction, with threats from US/Israel has managed to introduce an electric car to it's people, made by Iranians... yet US being (was) one of the richest countries in the world, buying "oil" from Iran so that they can drive and yet not introduced any electric car? You're joking me on.. "who cares, it's just a car"??

It is NOT just a car.. it's a symbol of independence. As much as I'm against this religious regime, i'm proud to support the underdog standing up to all these bullies and still pull through their independence.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

With nuclear power

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, I'll say that this is a punch, for the Chevy Volt, which is still vaporware, only gets 40 miles per charge before it's GAS engine kicks in to recharge the batteries.

It also requires 8 hour/overnight recharging time.

And is going to cost $40K .....

So Ahmedinejad's electric for less than half has them beat by far.
You could buy almost 3 for what Government Motors wants for their non existent Volt.

Here's a big middle finger to the Rockefeller's century old Oil Monopoly and our Council On Foreign Relations owned Presidents !

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Actually, I think the little Iranian electric is vaporware as well, probably a prop used for propaganda. Knowing that the libs will get a chubby at any mention of "electric car", Iran is hoping O-blame-a will play nice because they are going green and whatnot. I mean, he will anyway, no?

I second that middle finger.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I call third then. You dont think the U.S. is loosing their grip do you? We cant even compete in the car market anymore. What do we still do good?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
NUKE EM NOW!!!!! And start with that damn electric car factory!!!!!

What a very enlightened and intelligent statement. I'd almost like to give you credit for being sarcastic, however, there are people who actually have this mentality.

So...Nah. How about diplomacy for once???

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Yup this looks like an announcement to me .. a good electric car, i know pollution is low but how do you think we generate electricity to charge these things?

with oil , gas and coal of course ../sigh

Nuclear power.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok I can see this playing out a couple of ways.

1. The car is a mask in order to get their nuclear plants going without looking like the badguys. The West will see this and know that they can not declare war on Iran because Iran is only looking to "go green". Iran will continue testing the nuclear weaponry and all hell will break loose.

2. The car is still a mask and the West still can not openly declare war for Iran's reasons for having Nuclear plants. Here comes all the false flag talk about Vancouver. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense for the false flag to look Iranian? Gives the West and Isreal the excuse to go into Iran.

I'm sorry but Ahmadinejad is way too nuts to play it this cool, there has to be something going on behind the scenes that he is not telling everyone.

Let the flaming begin I guess, I'm a big boy I can handle it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
If this is the announcement I'm beyond disappointed.

What a waste of time. It's a car. Who cares.

It has the potential to greatly reduce Iran's domestic use of their oil, meaning they can use this oil the sell to other countries or use it for power (like how the US controls Japan's economy since the US controls 80% of Japan's oil imports).

The car can also be exported for major profits. On top of this, Iran's nuclear power program, which is a clean energy program, will work hand in hand with electric vehicles.

The next step that Iran would be wise to take is revolutionizing the military industry by producing military vehicles that are electric and not dependent on massive amounts of oil/gas to operate.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Liberals? Are you still stuck in the Fox news post election spirit? Calling anyone liberal that challenges your believes? Debrainwash yourself first then we can start talk about the true benefits of electric cars vs 100+ year old technology... efficiency, home charging units based on any current electric generation means, no city pollution (not referring to the global warming scam), lifespan....

So after there's no more sand in your ears come back and talk like an intelligent person.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by broli]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
I have a feeling that iran is the woman bringing food to the soldiers and the soldiers out of fear kill her.

We think that they hold a gun under there jacket but ill bet they will show us a flower.

Exactly!

Iranians are a people with high ambitions and a lot of pride..

Sure they have a lot of problems (heck, doesn't every country?!), but it seems like many will just watch and curse and call for war while Iranians make their own dreams come to reality..

If they continue like that.. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear about them walking on mars within the next 10 or so years..

Well Iranians, way to go!!

Space programs and satellites?
Nuclear energy?
Electric cars?

Sure it took a lot of efforts for your children to do that.. Sure you've given birth to well educated and ambitious scientists.. under siege too?! under all the sanctions?? and surrounded by armies from the east and west, and demonized by the media 24/7 for years and years?!

Wow.. Way to go Iran..

I'm speechless.. These guys should be left alone..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Good replies, thanks for the speculation and discussion ATS.

I do wonder which is the more important announcement: The enrichment to 20%, or the car...

Good point, the poster that mentioned the downside to electric cars. While this might not be totally eco-friendly, I think that is besides the point.

The point is that Iran is developing itself locally, something that the U.S. has let go by the wayside.

This whole week has been aimed at defying the war-mongerers. Iran is just making too much sense to the international community, and they are purposefully creating this image.

Iran claims to be about peace and democracy, and they show it.

We claim to be about peace and democracy, yet the blood is always on our hands - with the dictator on the big screen.

Clear as day to those that see.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join