It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of intentional idiocy to irritate the People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Warning: The following is mere conjecture, probably the result of personal perspective, and borderline rant material.

I believe there's a conspiracy of intentional idiocy & hypocricy amongst leaders and celebrities to irritate and annoy the masses. It is the only explanation that I can muster in response to every day headlines.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7212600a84f2.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm well aware of the fact that good news often goes unreported, but almost every headline coming out of the rooms of our policymakers or MSM newsrooms has the ability to scrape the blood from underneath my skin. It makes me wonder if irritation releases a chemical in our brains in much the same way that laughter does, only this chemical makes us want to go out to buy stuff or something.

As a young teen, I was very much anti-government, and now that the blind passion for hostility towards authority has evaporated, I'm left with the result of years of observation. My conclusion is that the government is in service to the Owners, and that the Law is to protect the 'property' of the Owners from the 'poor savages', aka the rest of us. Nothing has ever given me the slightest inkling of doubt here, until Obama showed up in 2008.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6d13982a30b.jpg[/atsimg]

Could he be different? Could this be a people's person, who truly wants to bring change?
How is he even going to do that with so much powerful and well funded opposition to true change? For a while I secretly hoped that he was scheming his way into office only to turn around and reveal his true intentions: drastic Change of the current state of affairs.
Not only that, but he showed up in a time where worldwide many people believed humanity was at the dawn of a global spiritual Awakening: the Age of Aquarius, 2012, you name it...

But after his inauguration speech all hope was lost for me personally.
With one single sentence he exposed his allegiance to the Owners:

It is the [...] selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours.
- Obama

The resulting sense of disappointment and hopelessness is not solely reserved for Obama; all around the world the phenomenon of apparently idiotic & hypocritical people in power or in the spotlight raises it's ugly head.

2001: The USA gets supposedly attacked by Islamic extremists, and the response is a bloody crippling war with no end in sight. Then they invade Iraq after chanting the Weapons of Mass Destruction-mantra to the beat of the war drums. No WMD's found, of course. 9 years later there's a headline of an 'Underwear-bomber', and the result is the installation of full body scanners in airports. 9 years of war, hundreds of thousands dead, wounded, mutilated, and/or psychologically scarred for life. A country with a crippled economy... for what, for whom?

2008: The US people are so sick of what's going on that the young hip, Blackberry sportin' guy running on promises of 'Change' wins the election, the masses are pleased and go back to watching Idols, knowing that 'their guy' will handle their business for them in the White House. But does anything really change? Not when it comes to the Intentional Idiocy Conspiracy: The war is expanded, the bailouts continue and the Prez gets a Nobel peace prize... just to p*ss us off?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71840946b79b.jpg[/atsimg]

To be continued below...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
...continued:

Honest hard working citizens "get laid off", some after years and years of loyal service to their employers. They get into hardship and default on their mortgage, many get foreclosed and evicted, only to see their home (or entire neighborhood) boarded up and left to rot. Entire neighborhoods OWNED by banks, entire communities forced to live in tent cities with their children. Meanwhile, big shots from the bailed out banks spend money like never before.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41520375f2d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Many, if not most, commercials on TV have the effect of 20 screaming kids scraping all kinds of metal on a chalkboard pinned to my spine. After watching a commercial break, you may conclude that you suffer from incontinence, erectile disorder, cancer, swine flu, depression or headache, osteoporosis, heartburn, migraines, etc. etc. and any of the offered solutions can bring on any of these as side effects. "This pill will clear your headache!!! Side effects: Birth defects, suicidal thoughts, heart attacks and possible death. Buy NOW!!!" Of course, if you're completely healthy, they'll scare you into buying something to keep you healthy, coerced consumption at it's best.

Of course the pharmacies are stuffed to the gill with all these pharmaceuticals in much the same way that liquor stores are stuffed with alcohol and private prisons are overflowing with marihuana offenders.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7196c2af6d41.jpg[/atsimg]

The idiocy and hypocrisy in politics MSM events are on a scale I cannot even express in words. Israel says it may use a nuke on Iran if Iran is making nukes. The people bail out the banks and the banks kick the people out of their homes. There's a war on drugs and there are more drugs. There's a war on terror and there is more terror. Homeland security targeting homeland militia's. The list is practically endless...

So, ATS, what do you think?

Are the crooks that run this planet just idiots or is there an agenda to keep us not only in a perpetual state of fear, but also irritated to the core? Do some of them take pleasure in rubbing our noses in the excrement they leave behind them?

Or should I just take a step back and practice some zen yoga?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Pianist

I'm well aware of the fact that good news often goes unreported, but almost every headline coming out of the rooms of our policymakers or MSM newsrooms has the ability to scrape the blood from underneath my skin. It makes me wonder if irritation releases a chemical in our brains in much the same way that laughter does, only this chemical makes us want to go out to buy stuff or something.

the news that is reported is the news that the most people will watch, and the news that the most people will watch is stupid news and pointless news. Stupid leaders are getting elected because they are getting elected by stupid people in a stupid system called the 2 Party System where both parties are pretty much the same thing.

so I don't think there is a conspiracy, I think most people are just stupid.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"The best laid schemes of mice and men oft go awry"

It cheers me to know that no matter how meticulously planned something is the truth will out eventually. Criminals want to get caught, it's part of their make-up.

So yes there is an agenda in my opinion, one that comes from an abuse of position within the corridors of power. However, like the fall of Julius Caesar the clutches of power can easily be stripped and reassigned, if given the right motivations for those who conspire.

The problem for me is that with so much communication being filtered, censored and gathered the ability of those to conspire has been compromised into illegality. With words that some parties can use, and others not, the ability to communicate effectively is lost. With some people being charged for crimes and others being let-off the justice system is unbalanced, ergo biased.

However I do believe it is the best beast which wins and in this case people are opting for 'comfort' over 'struggle' - something which cannot be good for one's character or the collective spirit. By watching TV and being irked the only damage you are doing is to yourself and not shaping the establishment for the better.

Go out, join political movements, start them! Rally and educate, divide and conquer, bring power to the people.

But of course CSI is on Tuesday and Martha from accounting always wants to talk about it on Wednesdays, and she's kinda cute - especially since she started using Maybelline. And those SuperBowl commercials are a must watch for everyone, a real hoot. And there's criminals outside, so best stay couped up for safety. The price of oil is so high I must sell my gold so I can wait in gridlock to get to one of my 3 jobs...

...Nah I'll just stick to the conspiracy sites where at least I can vent my frustrations without making a change, just hoping for one.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
S & F! Nice job and interesting topic.

If you add the recently ratcheted up efforts to increase class warfare, the recipe for disaster is astounding. There are many, ever widening chasms, between the people of the U.S., created by TPTB. It is disheartening to see the people blindly walking into the traps.

Edit to add:

In regard to your title "...to irritate the People" - It seems to have an effect on me, as I just found out my blood pressure has inexplicably risen to a level of concern. Maybe Bush/Obama Derangement Syndrome?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

"I think he is just another politician.." - Brandon9940

Agreed, I know that now. For some reason I must have allowed myself to get somewhat excited about him prior to his presidency, but like I said, his inaugural address kinda shook me back awake...

"Stupid leaders are getting elected because they are getting elected by stupid people in a stupid system called the 2 Party System where both parties are pretty much the same thing. So I don't think there is a conspiracy, I think most people are just stupid." - Wang Tang

I'm not pro- or anti- Obama, and I agree the 2 party system is a farce; many issues cannot be divided accross the board like that. I guess I'm just dumbfounded at the level of awareness (or lack thereof) of the masses, or perhaps I'm underestimating the level of apathy.

"By watching TV and being irked the only damage you are doing is to yourself and not shaping the establishment for the better." - m0r1arty

Agreed, I don't even watch TV, but my roommates do and I catch glimpses of the commercials every now and then. That, and the YouTube clips or MSM reports posted on ATS. They often leave me very irritated and feeling hopeless... like the recent report that the Rothschilds are advising the UK and US to privatise the motorway systems.

I mean, at first I think these folks have balls, but then I realize we all collectively just let them do their thing.
But is profit still even a motive for them, or is it at this stage just delightful for them to p*ss off the aware and sane amongst us?

"There are many, ever widening chasms, between the people of the U.S., created by TPTB. It is disheartening to see the people blindly walking into the traps. " - WTFover

Totally, and beyond that, America as a whole is being portrayed to the rest of the world as an annoying spoiled brat, to the point that worldwide many people think we will get what we deserve if TSHTF in the US, rather than feeling cross-border solidarity.

Part of the Irritation agenda I guess would be that the US is annoying as hell to many nations in the world, generating anti-USA sentiment, and many people do not know that many (if not most) US citizens despise US foreign policies.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

This is where you went wrong.

As a young teen, I was very much anti-government, and now that the blind passion for hostility towards authority has evaporated

If you had a good education into history, you would not have let the hostility wane.

The reason the US became so prosperous was because of the control the framers put on government.

With each and EVERY step that the government has taken, to remove our freedoms or steps to HELP the average person, we have lost our individuality.

THAT is our fault.

Trust in your perceptions. When ANYONE promises you any utopian promise or vision, you must ask yourself one thing, what is REALLY behind their motive.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

This is where you went wrong.

"As a young teen, I was very much anti-government, and now that the blind passion for hostility towards authority has evaporated" - Conspiracy Pianist

If you had a good education into history, you would not have let the hostility wane.

Oh, that's still there, it's just not blind passion anymore...

top topics

join