It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Leader: Feb. 11 To Be ‘Demise’ of ‘Capitalist System’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
cnsnews.com...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Feb. 11 would mark the demise of “the liberal capitalist system,” adding that its champion, America, was on the decline and that Iran and its Islamic Revolution were on the rise.

According to a Jan. 28 translation from BBC Monitoring Middle East, Ahmadinejad spoke on official Iranian television, saying that this year’s “Ten Days of Dawn” celebration, marking the anniversary of the country’s Islamic Revolution, would see the “demise” of the American system.

“I believe that 22 Bahman [ February 11 in the Persian calendar] this year marks the demise of the liberal capitalist system.” Ahmadinejad said.

The controversial Iranian president explained that, 30 years ago, Iran was merely trying to consolidate its newly minted revolution. Today, however, the country was quickly moving to overtake what he claimed was a declining United States.

“Maybe in 1359-60 [1980-81] our presence was only an announcement of our existence and strength,” he said. “It was to consolidate the revolution. Where have we got now? We have got to a point that the hegemony of arrogance [reference to the United States] has been undermined. Nations do not trust it anymore. Its principles are under question. Its efficiency is close to zero. Its power curve is dropping quickly.”

So this says that Islamic Republic of Iran will say something that has to do with the fall of Liberal Capitalism. Does Iran know something that even us here at ATS don't even know? Or will he just announce that Liberal Capitalism will fall, which in my opinion would not be very important, because it is simply opinion.

The same thing is said at this website here:
grendelreport.posterous.com...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Misoir]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Interesting.

So much news of out Iran, kinda makes me think there is some truth to the fear mongering?

Tomorrow will be a very interesting day here on ATS..

~Keeper

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
*Waits patiently for announcement*

I hope this doesn't disappoint. The "Demise of the Western Capitalist system" sounds great to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
*Waits patiently for announcement*

I hope this doesn't disappoint. The "Demise of the Western Capitalist system" sounds great to me.

I know it's scary what would happen if our economies collapsed(all western economies) which would basically lead to the collapse of almost all economies. I want to see Liberal Capitalism collapses it would make me giddy
But our collapse scares the hell out of me

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The One World Currency perhaps? to be implimented by Iran in a Asian Union.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's scary and exciting all at once.

Too long have we be repeating this useless cycle... I wanna see something happen for once. Even if it makes my life more difficult.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
The One World Currency perhaps? to be implimented by Iran in a Asian Union.

It's strange you said that since all members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO). They all want a single reserve currency and that would fit in well with what Ahmadinejad said he will say. He will probably announce Iran supports a single world reserve currency and the SCO has minted one, or they will use the one Russia minted already.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if Iran blocks the flow of oil in the Strait Of Hormuz and the DOW loses a few 1,000 points because of the panic.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The only thing I know is that last October they said that all Iranian reserves will be switched to Euros.

And I think in November they ranted about that several member of Opec were considering and wanted a new currency instead of the dollar for the oil trade.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ordered the shift of Iran's foreign currency reserves from the U.S. dollar to the euro.

Arabian Business reports that the Iranian government and its President ordered the removal of the US dollar to be replaced by the Euro, which was introduced in 1999, in order to protect themselves from the crumbling United States economy and devaluing dollar.

www.digitaljournal.com...

And this is from Monday 18 Jan 2010

OPEC considers using euro in oil transactions

Iran's representative to OPEC says the group weighs replacing the dollar by the euro in crude oil pricing, adding that no decision has been made.

Members of OPEC are free (to use any currency) in their oil transactions," said Mohammad Ali Khatibi on Sunday.
---
Iran has recently asked Japan to replace the US dollar with the yen in oil deals it has with the Islamic Republic.
---
The constantly declining value of the dollar and persisting economic crisis in the US has encouraged many countries to drop the currency in favor of a more stable one.
---
Saudi Arabia, South Korea, China, Venezuela, Sudan and Russia have taken steps to replace the US dollar in their foreign exchange reserves.

www.presstv.ir...

But the source is PRESSTV IRAN

Or maybe they will uncover this new electric car for the international press?

Ahmadinejad unveils electric Samand

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has unveiled the electric version of Iran's national car Samand which is produced by the Middle East's leading automaker, IKCO.

With the maximum velocity of 140 kilometers per hour, the electric Samand can travel 200-km before it needs recharging, Fars news agency reported on Wednesday.

Through producing the electric Samand, Iran has joined top producers of electric cars in the world.

The car was unveiled in the Presidential Office.

www.presstv.ir...

C'mon Ahmadinejad! spill the beans - it's the 11th already in Iran WAKE UP!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Christ, watch him announce tomorrow that he is from the galactic federation of light and announce Blossom Goodchild queen of earth.

totally expect nothing of conseuence to happen btw...some words, death to america, death to the uk, death to israel, blah blah blah...

the only way "liberal capitalism" will fail is with a technology that allows anyone to create anything they want from mud...and pretty sure iran hasn't developed advanced nanotech that would do that...so, its going to be all retoric

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That's not very nice, Feb 11th is my best friends birthday. He'll be gutted if the entire infrastructure of the liberal capitalist economies come to a crashing end, he's expecting birthday presents and cards at the very least! My kids have got him a present and are dead excited for him!

Waiting for the end of capitalism as announced by various regimes, prophets, visionaries, dictators, self-deceivers, and nutters in general is pretty much a wasted effort, it's almost as bad as waiting for disclosure on aliens or a British MP to open his mouth and speak the truth or answer a direct question with a direct answer!

Like a broken pencil, pointless!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just in the spirit of trying to determine what the message will be, figured I would throw this in.

'Iran develops system to distract missiles'
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:27:10 GMT

A senior Iranian commander has announced that the country has developed a new system to distract missiles. Deputy Commander of Iran's Air Force Gen. Seyyed Mohammad Alavi said that the system prevents missiles from hitting their targets. He stated that Iran's Air Force has made great achievements in the production of smart ammunition and long-range weapons. Alavi noted that Iran will mass-produce the new weapons and ammunition to boost its deterrence. Earlier in February, the Air Force announced that it has successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth drone. "The drone, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, cannot be detected by any radar," Air Force Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh said

www.presstv.ir...

Just a thought, "Go ahead and fire your missiles, they won't hit their mark"

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Could this be it? Ahmadinejad unveils electric Samand

Electric car is certainly a kick to the face to oil/automotive industry.

Keep a watchful eye.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sounding more and more like dumping the dollar trade for oil , that would hit hard

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well this is the best thread I have seen on the 2-11 situation, thankyou.

It is probably going to be about the centralization of currency to a global one.

Thye may decide to stop sending oil to America.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am merely expecting Iran to drop from the Non-proliferation treaty and reveal that they are and have been a nuclear power. What could this guy possibly say that could disrupt the west? Unless they fond the technology of the Anunnaki I do not see what could be so important. Its not like the world didn't already know Iran had nuclear capabilities, they just don't have the delivery systems for it.

I am quite curious. My attention is had: 5:20AM in Tehran and counting. Ball is in your court, Madman.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As exciting as the end of capitalism sounds, I have a feeling that we're all going to be severely disappointed when this either turns out to be a bunch of nothing or, even more likely, a bunch of hot hair crazy talk.

I just wish he would hurry up with. Somehow I doubt banning Gmail and proposing an electric car is the end of capitalism, and the whole world is surely not stunned.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seems the paranoia is high in Washington over whatever Iran is planning...

www.kmox.com...

WASHINGTON (KMOX Radio) -- A warning earlier this week from Iran's supreme ruler that his country will deliver a "punch" February 11th that will "stun" the West is being taken seriously at the highest levels of the U-S government, according to Missouri's two Senators.

Democratic Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill described the concern about Iran today in Washington as a matter of "almost hyper focus."

"I know the military is monitoring it carefully. I know the intelligence community is monitoring it carefully. I can't share many of the details of that. But I will say that I think our government is very, very, very concerned."

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Then I guess we can rule out the electric car and gmail banning, right?

Maybe Obama uses gmail!

But in all seriousness, I'm very curious as to what it can be. It's 5:57 AM over there right now. Wonder when the announcement will be?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

This can really only go two ways.... Either this will be the biggest joke ever, or something very serious.

Personally, I'm betting on a joke.

Iran realistically can't do much.. even economically to the west, they are already isolated by existing sanctions... Militarily they can't do anything, or launch any kind of attack that wouldn't be suicidal for them.

So, what... The mother of all suicide attacks?

Remember, remember the 11th of February?

It will be interesting for a minute or two, then after a curse or two everyone will move on to other things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join