It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Status of Women in Islam - Stopping the disinfo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

What do you mean -- calling us haters? We don't hate anyone. We love people, America has always had a soft spot for the down and out. In fact we are outraged by the treatment of the helpless abused muslim females.

Stop this propaganda of calling us haters, we want to see all humans treated HUMANELY.

I called you a bigot. because that's what you are. When you tar an entire group with the dirt of a few of their number, you are engaging in bigotry.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

yes, they are.....and well, that is why I am not christian...
but, try as they might, they have not been able to embed their religion into our laws...so, well...
women can divorce their husbands, disobey them whatever.....
that is what the americans are doing for the one that asked.
if a husband beats their wife, the wife can press charges, she can leave, there's even shelters all over the place for her and her kids to go into! the gov't will demand the husband pay her child support even!

but, there is no doubt in my mind that if those sects in christianity like the southern baptists were to ever get their foot into our laws, we would see just about the same crap here also!!
absolute power corrupts absolutely!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Don't turn this on me answer the question and stop deflecting. In my country we have laws that everyone is equal. This is the differance. Also you ask what I do I vote this is my place in the system.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I think you are just as bigoted but in the reverse. You paint with just as wide as a brush do you not?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
reply to post by dawnstar

Muhammad gave women the right to divorce. Under the Romans women had that right but it had vanished with the advent of Christianity.

Sadly patriarchy is entrenched in all the religions of the people of the book and most of the ones who aren't either. Sad but true.

The Southern Baptist Convention is on record saying that wives should be submissive.

You left something out. The countries that practice what Mohamud said ALSO have laws that allow the brother, the father, the son in law, the grandpa, any male family member to MURDER the female who disgraces them. How disgraceful is divorce considered in muslim communities? iath

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Great response and thank you but I have to wonder what about the one's who are living in new countries like the US and Britain. They seem to hold true to the belief structure just as tight and even want to spread it and get special treatment?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a few???
afghanistan had officials going door to door measuring the lengths of the guy's beards!!! that is more than a few...that is an entire country run by a batch of powerful men....enforcing their version of a religion!

saudi arabia has it's own version of officials that will make sure everyone abides to their version of a religion...and well....
I am sorry, but it takes more than " a few" to enable a gov't to do that kind of crap!! try a majority, at least in the beginning, believing that ya, women shouldn't be taught, women shouldn't be able to travel alone, women shouldn't be seen or heard!! that majority might become a minority as time goes by, when the masses find out that it's their daughters, their wives, their mothers, themselves getting executed in the soccer stadium, being beating in the streets, being confined to their home...
but, at least a majority has to believe in the start that ya, it's acceptable to deprive others of their freedom, and their needs.....for the sake of "God's Word"!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Bombeni

What do you mean -- calling us haters? We don't hate anyone. We love people, America has always had a soft spot for the down and out. In fact we are outraged by the treatment of the helpless abused muslim females.

Stop this propaganda of calling us haters, we want to see all humans treated HUMANELY.

I called you a bigot. because that's what you are. When you tar an entire group with the dirt of a few of their number, you are engaging in bigotry.

You are wasting your time. I have studied the plight of the muslim female. If you don't want to listen to me, FINE. Educate yourself, log onto the websites and muslim news sites that are created by muslim women who are trying to make changes for their sister muslims.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Great response and thank you but I have to wonder what about the one's who are living in new countries like the US and Britain. They seem to hold true to the belief structure just as tight and even want to spread it and get special treatment?
Yes, that seems to be the case. They truely don't get it. Sharia law has no place in the west, period. However, when one points this out they are called bigots and racists......so I guess we should all keep our mouths shut and let them take us over, as they are trying to do world wide. They don't seem to want special treatment, they do want special treatment, and they have terrorist organizations like C.A.I.R. to help make sure they get it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No, actually it IS a minority. It is a minority of people who banded together under the banner of "Taliban" and took over Afghanistan and implemented their crazy version of Islam. It is a minority ruling class that allows an extremist version of the religion in Saudi Arabia so as to keep down the masses.

Bombeni, it always gets me laughing to read your posts. Such hilarious absurd statements. Carry on!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Southern Baptists are not spared my scorn either.

Originally posted by iMacFanatic

Muhammad gave women the right to divorce. Under the Romans women had that right but it had vanished with the advent of Christianity.

Sadly patriarchy is entrenched in all the religions of the people of the book and most of the ones who aren't either. Sad but true.

The Southern Baptist Convention is on record saying that wives should be submissive.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

actually dear...
when the taliban first came into power, the people liked them, they provided stability and "morality".... they liked bin laden and friends also, since they had deep pockets!!! so, the women had to sacrifice a little, it was for the greater good!!!

the american people should really study what actually did happen in afghanistan, because well, the powers that be play by the same gameplan, no matter what country they are in!!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Many of these practices which are considered "cultural" are protected in Islam.

While they may not be in the Quran, they are acceptable in Islamic Jurisprudence as a consensus. Consensus is a pillar of Islamic Jurisprudence.

(for those that didn't follow what I just said - I just blew their arguments about things like FGM not being Islamic out of the water.)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

This is a weak argument ya sure it is easy to lead when you are scared and hungry. It is exactly what are governments do they lead with fear and it works you just have to give up a little something each time.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm sure the Afghani people originally preferred the Taliban to the feuding warlords and (before that) the russians. However, they only put instituted their weird ideas AFTER they had consolidated power. There was no hidden agreement of the likes of "Yeah, these Taliban have promised to protect us, just so long as women shouldn't be taught or employed, TV should be banned, and men need a minimum beard length".

reply to post by Aeons

Isn't "consensus" also a "pillar" or normal democracy? Are you saying that if everyone came together and said "Lets ban church steeples", and did so, it would not be a little insane (despite not being wrong under democratic rules)?

[edit on 11-2-2010 by babloyi]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
One particular article I read in 2008 really made clear to me what life is like for women in Islam. It was Why I want to leave Islam by a young Muslim girl. She hated that her mother and sister still got "groped, pinched, harassed, and even raped" while wearing the burka. I kept thinking to myself, now how could a woman have even the slightest protection from this in countries where men would do this? And I came up with a solution. They would have to wear a cardboard box under the burka. Is that not pitiful? When will the men in the Islamic countries where the burka is required start to take responsibility for themselves? Just keep your hands off the women, and let them live as you would like to live! How difficult is that?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

gov't can't run squat if they don't have the support of enough people as to not have riots!!!

I've been sitting here in america watching the same thing happen here....in many different areas....

our kids are out of control...no, go look through the forums and see just how many think it would be great if the gov't just decided that the moms should be forced to stay at home...never mind that most families here in america now need that second income...it would be for the "greater good"!!

for the record!!

the women afghanistan were allowed to work while the soviet puppet gov't was running things, the girls were allowed to go to school.... Kabul was a pretty decent place! it was the years of war, then the taliban/arabian rule that resulted in what we found there when the americans went in!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I wonder why they don't want to look at the issues inside Islam? It is like the will have to throw the baby out with the bath water if they change. And if you question it you are a racist or a bigot. It funny that the very people they defend are the most racist bigoted people the world has ever seen.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hitler used to say things like greater good. History has a funny way of repeating itself. Forcing things like this only work for awhile until the people will hunger for more. Thankfully we have constitution to protect us from ideas and people like you no offence. Great good is code word for control.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Also the last poster got me to thinking did you guys know that Hitler loved the Arab world. He thought it was great and he even named Iran do you know what Iran actually means?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join