It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Status of Women in Islam - Stopping the disinfo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Who are you trying to convince? yourself?

Women are treated horribly in islamic/middle eastern countries!

I mean, I read about it all the time, "16 year old girl killed for expressing interest in a boy!" Yeah! I hope so! Otherwise we don't REPRODUCE! Honor killings happen all the time!

What about that 13 year old girl who will get 90 lashes for having a cell phone? Would a man receive such a punishment? I doubt it. What about the caning of an Indonesian woman for drinking a beer?! (Which by the way was actually common despite the ban on alcohol by islam. BTW in Indonesia men are caned as well, usually on the bare so this special barabarity isnt just reserved for women).

Muslim countries have the absolute worst human rights violations yet the so called "Humanitarians" in this country ignore their plight.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jinni

But doesn't Islam and the cultural standing go hand in hand. No matter the treatment of women in the Koran and the social status seems to be one in the same. Even women in Christianity have less freedoms that the Koran gives women. I guess was wrong on my views. But I still have a problem when a religion says one thing in their holy texts and dose something different as a culture I wonder can people really be faithful to that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Excellent thread, Jinni, and I admire the level-headedness you've exhibited in the face of some pretty profound ignorance in relation to true Islamic values as opposed to local, cultural, or purely idiosynchratic family values.

I am an atheist myself, but it really irks me when small-minded people wilfully confuse issues such as this due to their own prejudice.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
looking at you past posts tells me your a disinfo/propaganda agent for islamic intrests. you can pull anything you want from the Koran and the bible its the way thay are writen. so thay have an anser for most situations. but actions speak louder than words. i when to school with many muslims and the girls were second to the lads any disagrements between the sex`s resulted in large groups of males opposing the female to keep her/them inline so to speak

Really?

Just because he is trying to show a different side to a religion that the rest of the world paints as Evil he's a disinformation agent?

Even when he pulls things from the document that they list as the reason it is evil? There's a flaw in your logic there my friend.

Like stated in other posts, we are not talking about cultural divides here but we are talking about the ACTUAL religion and what IT calls for, not for what others do with it.

~Keeper
you should have read my first line i said because of his last posts not becauseof what you say i ment. any thread with islam init this guys all over it go see for yourself . ACTUAL religion is easy to manipulate you just interprit how you want it, its the actions of the followers that count not the words in the book. i never mentiond culture. please don`t try to twist what i say again...my friend

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Jinni wow i really admire yor bravery for opening a thread of this magnitude. Yoi have backed up your points, everyone else is bsically bringing up the "i heard this" or the "i saw this on tv", or events that happened, which has nothing to do with islam. What they all fail to do is refute yhe claims and veses you have posted. You hands down without a doubt single-handedly won this topic.

On a side note, you can't really expect anyone to argue anything about islam without stupid remarks, or it going off topic. Ilearned that you just can not talk about islam WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THEIR OWN RELIGION. What these people are brining up are actions that happened in islamic countries, and nothing from the quran. Well this is not islam, but culture, but jinni you must understand that people are too scared already and are too deep down brainwashed already to understand islam, it's just too late. It really is not worth it. I respect your bravery knowing that you yourself fully knew the result of opening up a thread like this, keep it going.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

You took the words right out of my mouth. That guy can cite all the passages in the Koran he want to about how women are treated but the actuality is they are treated like dogs.

Islam is an abomination on the face of the Earth, it is totally incompatible with any other lifestyle or religion and co-existence with it is totally impossible. There will be no peace ever with Islam and it will bring death and destruction wherever it exists.

As far as I am concerned this is the ultimate battle between good and Islamic evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

You took the words right out of my mouth. That guy can cite all the passages in the Koran he want to about how women are treated but the actuality is they are treated like dogs.

Islam is an abomination on the face of the Earth, it is totally incompatible with any other lifestyle or religion and co-existence with it is totally impossible. There will be no peace ever with Islam and it will bring death and destruction wherever it exists.

As far as I am concerned this is the ultimate battle between good and Islamic evil.

The damn shame of it is that some decent folk that are "muslim at sword point" are gonna get caught in the shrapnel.

Oh well. Its their's to revolt against. We have a lot of muzzies here in Texas....they just stay quite

Too many rednecks that refuse to give up our homebrew!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by herbivore

Never been to Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, or the U.A.E., have you?

You provided a pretty accurate description of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, and the Seychelles, though. I'm uncertain about Qatar.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

You took the words right out of my mouth. That guy can cite all the passages in the Bible he want to about how women are treated but the actuality is they are treated like dogs.

Christianity is an abomination on the face of the Earth, it is totally incompatible with any other lifestyle or religion and co-existence with it is totally impossible. There will be no peace ever with Christianity and it will bring death and destruction wherever it exists.

As far as I am concerned this is the ultimate battle between good and Christian evil.

Hmmm? Oh sorry, what's that? I'm just channeling the echoes of 22 million of my people being massacred in the name of your god-on-a-stick. Maybe you should ask a jew for their opini... Oh, six million? Well, okay, how about an Australian Abo... Oh crap, what do you mean, three million? How about some Iraq- one and a half million?

Jesus! Save me from your fan club!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Hey, take it easy and get your facts straight. There are millions of women in Islamic countries and only thousands are stoned, whipped, buried in the sand while alive, get married off to 80 year old men when they are 10, have to walk around fully covered or suffer the items listed above, can't talk to men, can't go to school and are treated like property.

For all the folks in the thread who are so supported in Islam, how about they send their daughter to do a year abroad in Saudi and let us know how she liked it.

Not all dogs are poodles, but all poodles are dogs. Substitute dog for Islamist and terrorist for poodle

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Incompatible? Myself and muslim friends have got along fine. Im still alive. One of my muslim friends is best friends with a Jewish guy. The Jewish guy went to Israel to do aid work in Palestine. Maybe a sense of compassions all it takes to get along in this world.

Like someone else said you've obviously never been to Turkey or Chechnya. Their populations are muslim and their cultures are no different than ours. That you willingly embrace ignorant thoughts about an entire group of a BILLION people disgusts me.

A-stan, Saudi Arabia, the Iranian mullahs... they can all go to hell though, I agree with you there. Liberate the oppressed first though.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Not all dogs are poodles, but all poodles are dogs. Substitute dog for Islamist and terrorist for poodle

How utterly ignorant.

You damn 1 billion people with a mighty broad brush there bud and I bet you take offense when your equally ignorant counterparts within Islam do the same thing to the west.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
nice, really nice thread..
i am happy you post it..i know it is all truth coz i am muslim amd a women...

most people donot realize it,they actually twist the context of quran or took it out of context....
hope they open their eyes ...
again, i am really glad you post this.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

how about you get your mind straight...
i have been to Saudi Arabia and i really like it..
they are not treated badly..

things you have mention are cultural problems and again its actually in village areas ,they are illerate,they donot know islam,they cannot even read quran...
its cultural problem,its government work to make law strong, educate them ..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

so if he is actually coming forward to tell something he is manipulating it??and you are right who hardly know any truth about islam..
all you know what you have heard is by our great media and all it say is terrorist terrotist terrorist ..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Muslim women and notably the little girls are treated worse than garbage for the most part. They are property of the male family members, period. You just wasted a lot of bandwidth on the biggest spill of hot air I have ever read.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is misleading.

Because the definition of EQUALITY in Islam is not the same. Nor does Justice mean the same thing.

Therefore everything he just wrote doesn't mean what you think it does.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The true status of women in Islam can be found out by reading their own autobiographies, such as 'Not Without my Daughter' by Betty Mahmoody or 'Sold: One Woman's True Account of Modern Slavery' by Zana Muhsen. It makes no sense to ask MEN what life is like for WOMEN under Islam. Read the women's stories. There are many more; just check out either of these books on Amazon, and you will see other autobiographies of women under the control of Islamic men.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't want to ride a horse to death here, because we have all seen them a thousand times, but THIS pretty well sums up the life of many young muslim girls. They are merely a financial windfall for their parents, sold to the higher bidder. This one is lucky, she's still alive as of the making of this video:

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Bombeni]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join