It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most possible method of time travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
'sup ATS.

First off, I don't really believe in time travel.

Actually, I thought that if I accidentally went back in time, I would make the future look very bleak and with my luck, I would give everybody the flu anyhow. so I pretty much hope it is really imposible.

But, I was kind of wondering what the more educated guys on here thought about the possibility of time travel.

Plus, I don't know if "possible method" is the right question. Maybe I mean something like probable theory.

Anyhow. What are some different ways time travel might be accomplished?

p.s. I won't be able to comment very often on this myself. sorry. thanks.

Oh. and let me be the first to say this...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by president]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Stand up, cross your arms on your chest, spin around 99 times walking left to right. I guarantee you, if done correctly, you will dimensionally travel.

One must realize to just time travel is impossible, through time travel comes reality travel.

Sorry, forgot the WARNING: you will never return to the reality you are in now, if you do so.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't think quantum mechanics allow time travel back to the past. There is "relativistic time travel" using Einstein's laws, which is not time travel really, more like experiencing time dilation effects.

Say you have a stable wormhole in space and and one end starts at say, 2010 and the other end is 2020. You may be able to travel back to 2010, which was it's time of creation, but no further. And you would not be able to travel past 2020.

Perhaps if you were traveling the speed of light, as everything around you time would slow down, it would seem you've gone to the future once you've emerged, but once again that is just experiencing time dilation effects.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
purely experiencing yourself as consciousness existing is time travel.

You are now travelling from the present into the next present, which in your mind, is changing the present into a past, and the idea of future into the present.

there really is no past or future the way we liek to think of them... these are just ideas we use to relate events to one another that happened at separate iterations of common 'presents'..

since the 'idea' of time originates in the brain then one could conceive that the most efficient method as to travel through this concept of time would be through the very organ that created it in the first place....

using the brain to travel through different probable outcomes and plausable realities...
to transit the multiverses via the very system that creates the multiverses... = consciousness itself.

so.. unlocking 'junk' dna or activating the filled 'christened' ventricles within the brain.. utilizing it to jounrney through a new 'idea' of a constant all-present NOW.. the 'cross' as one axis being time the other space...
using higher areas of our brain to conceive of these broadened functions of time-space would imo bear a new reality, and you'd need no bulky clumsy machinery or physics-fiddling.
just unlocked and activated areas of the human brain/nervous system..
to use your own biological vehicle to achieve i the feat.

-one can dream reasonably can't one?...

just my 2-multiverse-timeline-cents.

-

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Going to sleep however you can never come back from the future when you go so be careful

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am time traveling right now.

Wait a second, there I did it again.

Now hold on..................there I did it again.

Sweet, time travel is cool.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If my understanding is correct, when you look through a telescope at a distant galaxy, you are essentially seeing the past. The galaxy you are looking at may no longer exist, but the light it once emitted is still coming your way and entering your eyes. The further away the galaxy, the greater the delay.

In theory, if a very distant alien race was surveying the Earth with a telescope, I assume they would see it as it was in the past. Depending on how far away they are, they could well have a Google Earth-like view of dinosaurs roaming around the planet. Or they may not see it at all - the light from our Sun, reflecting off the Earth, may not have even reached them yet.

[edit on 10/2/10 by JH80]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Presumably accesing the Akashic Records (via ultra-deep meditation states) may be a method of 'transversing the corridors of time' as they are described by shamans &tc.

But most of these astral visits to past-present-future times are passive - not interactive.

But it sure would be interesting to watch the 6-year old Mozart performing at Schonbruenn in Vienna. Or Leonardo putting some of the finishing touches (such as they were....) on his Last Supper before it started, well...crumbling off the dry wall it was painted on.

Or seeing John Wilkes Booth do his dirties with his pistol during the 'big laugh' of the night in Our American Cousin c. 10:40pm at Ford's in Washington DC (14 April 1865)...

Or even watching Merle Oberon and Lawrence Olivier doing their 39 takes for the final parts of the 'death scene' in Wuthering Heights (filmed 27-29 January 1939) with Olivier screaming : 'Good God, man, what do you want? Wyler: 'I want it better, Larry...'

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
easy.................

Just tell yourself yourself...............YOU DON'T EXIST.

and wait for someone to KILL you..................

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by president

I thought I would provide you some input to your question about the best possible method of time travel. Since self discovery is better left to the person seeking information, you must do some reading and research to help answer your own question to this posting.

While time travel does not have to be physical to be achieved, it is best to first discuss the technology that allows for such abilities.

"The Cube" is a interstellar teleportation device. Also called a Star Gate or wormhole generator for traveling great distances in the blink of an eye. Think interstellar travel when you think of the cube. Star system to star stystem.

"The Looking Glass" is a device that allows for one to see the many possible futures or the past. This is a device that one neurologically links to and is very much like being in a hologram. The device allows for one to just view, be seen or to be present in the time-line being viewed.

This is the technology that is being used to conduct time travel into the future so as to change the present to affect a change of the future. Anyway, start by reading the following link and then do some research on your own by viewing the you-tube videos and the many web sites that help explain the two items of secret technology mentioned above.

Enjoy the posting. Good luck and after you become more informed feel free to ask questions if you're so inclined.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think ultimately sending information back and forth in time is possible. here is a neat little film explaining this.

so, ultimately, I tend to think if we had some sort of reciever, we could send digital signals to and from different times...however, paradoxes and parallel universes hurts my brain.

You have to also realize that we are to discussions of time travel where a ancient greek is discussing a computer. A very basic and general concept formed but no matter how much thought we put into it, we simply do not have the knowledge and vocabulary to currently discuss it beyond either believing something will one day happen...or simply dismissing the whole field based on general confusion. Our greatest (public) minds struggle with such advanced concepts.

Now, the only difference between...say Plato and us now is that we have knowledge breakthroughs yearly verses every few hundred years...but I still say we are 50+ years to even have the most basic of understandings to it as more than just theory.

finally, the only practical application I can see a time machine having in a paradox universe is to simply move time back a second while keeping the device location outside of the timefield...put this on repeat and you can travel any distance within a second..you could start walking at 1mph, and every second you travel back a second but keep your position and within a second, you would have appeared to walk around the entire earth...definate bonus there without creating any meaningful paradox.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Actually, I have pondered it a bit.

My best guess would be to go beyond the edge of wake of the Big Bang. As relativistic time is nothing more than the observation of movement, going beyond existence could be a way to escape the frame of time as we see it. Unfortunately, you would still grow older perhaps but you could re-enter at the relatively same instant that you left despite how much time had passed for your perspective.

I guess it would be similar to taking a radioactive material to Absolute Zero. If there is no molecular movement then the material would have no half-life. If you kept it at that state for a million years, then the material would not have broken down so from the material's perspective then no time would have passed judged its half-life decay rate.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It may seem as science fiction to us, but remember, we are still a "type-0" civilization. (Type 0, Mentioned by Michio Kaku)

Of all our time that Humans have existed, on this earth in particular, our brains have only evolved a small step. We may try to understand a way to travel through time, but never fully understand it. But who knows, Quantum could be only the basics compared to other civilizations, but for us, it might be the highest knowledge. (Correct me if I am wrong there) Then again, our advancement will cease to continue completely, if we humans don't turn over a new leaf.

So, time travel can be possible, but doing so will produce severe consequences, depending on what one plans to change in the past or prevent in the future.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

not true. If there i any hope of us travelling back in ime it will be based on quantum physics. At the moment scientists are using the quantum world to build teleporters like those in star trek. Obviously we are a long way from that
quantum teleportation
Also theres eviddence of nonlocality where events in the present can influence the past at least on the quantum scale. www.fourmilab.ch.... So in theory at least it is possible to travel back in time using teleportation to move matter and using nonlocality to send the signal back in time. However there is the problem of causality and the grandfather paradox.
However if the matter being teleported back in time is cloaked somehow as invisible it might be possible as you can only observe and not influence

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Alright, i think it is possible. Many say its only possible to time travel only to the point where something is created. For example. If there was a halo that lead from the year 2000 to 2045 we can only travel between those times and not further. Thats is true, but heres wat i think. If we can build a teleporter that can create a wormhole between the space time continuum and a scanner built within the teleporter then we can travel anywhere. You might be thinking that wat im saying ridiculous. But no. If we can take an object say made like in 1945 and scan it through the scanner then we could only travel between those times. We get an object older then we can travel even farther back in time. This is how the machine will work. We put the object (which can be anything) inside the scanner and scan it to see when it was made by using some technique i dont know if its carbon dating or something else im still not in college yet so i dont know, but after the machine will somehow be able to use the atoms of that object or matter recombine them to make an energy wave that then the machine could use to create the wormhole through the time space continuum and travel to when the object was made. Im still in my first year of Highschool and i have a feeling wat i said has some flaws so if u smarter people see any flaws plz tell me so i can rething my theory or way of time traveling.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am not sure if time travel in to the future is possible but the scientists think you could go into the past.

They say that as the earth travels through space it creates a wake and sort of drags space/time around behind it.Sort of like what a boat makes as it passes through the water.

You could go back along the space/time line because you can determine where it is from where the earth is in space but since you don't know where the earth is going to you can't go forward.

Or something to that effect.

Here is a interesting link about time travel.

Time Control and Technologies.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Presumably accesing the Akashic Records (via ultra-deep meditation states) may be a method of 'transversing the corridors of time' as they are described by shamans &tc.

But most of these astral visits to past-present-future times are passive - not interactive.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Sigismundus]

This is true and can be used to your advantage...as in you can change what you read or ssee/experience in the Akashik records, I know, Personally I had a great all access pass to them at one time. And I have changed certain events and outcomes, however it is true the past records, well they can't be changed only the future references can...and Just between us, yeah they will pull the plug if you change too many things. I now have NO access at all to these Akashik records any more, I've been blackballed or so it would seem.

To answer the OP's question, I think whatever we do find out about time travel Physically, won't be at all what you would expect, it would actually be time/dimensional travel, where you'd be in a timeline close to your original, but whatever you would change, move, or redirect, would in fact have been the original event in that timeline anyway, and you would return to your original timeline, and it'd be like you never touched, changed, or even interacted with the event at all, you see, because it would not be the same universe, it'd be a parrallel where that event happened the way you intended to change yours...but you'd never see the result, hope that you can make sense of that.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

yea. that is totally wicked.
Thanks Oneolddude. Your post alone is the type of far out thing that interests me,
but the link you provided blows my tiny little mind. I will spend plenty of time studdying that.

The past is the direction I would want to go. If you could go backwards , you could gather some artifact and put it in storrage until it could be found in the present by someone that knew where to look.

If you travel faster than the speed of light toward a light source, you would innevitably get there before the light even left. Somebody said that. Right?
but how do you travel FASTER than light.

If you flew around the earth faster than the earth's rotation, could you get to where we are going before everybody else got there.

superman was on to something.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
well

andersoninstitute.com is claiming to have a working timemachine, where they can accelerate or slow down time within a controlled environment

- you can check his interviews on front page, its legit

but, the thing is that, to timetravel to the future is possible, you just need to be accelerated at a very high speed, then you wouldnt even notice it but you would travel in time ...

top topics

join