4 million cars from several auto-makers earmarked for product recall in the last month, fishy?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
G'day ATS,

When I see something out of the ordinary I notice it, when I see it happen twice I usually make a point of keeping an eye on the situation. Three times, my BS meter starts to twitch, and if it happens a fourth time you can bet there is really something strange going on.

Toyota recalls 2.3m US vehicles

Toyota recalls thousands of Prius cars worldwide

Honda extends airbag recall by 437,000 cars

Honda recalls cars in fire danger

Peugeot hit by recall of 90,000 cars over accelerator pedal fears

I find this interesting. It seems to be a highly unlikely coincidence, all these companies having issues at the exact same time.

I have several ideas as to what is happening.

1) This truly is a coincidence, the Auto-mobile industry is just having an awful time of it and they've all decided to act at once.

2) They've known about the issues for a while, and seeing that Toyota was having issues they decided that NOW was a good time to announce the recall of their own products.

3) Something fishy is going on!!

I know I know, not a very in-depth explanation, but I haven't a clue what it could be.

It doesn't make sense to say they're installing some kind of tracking device/software since most cars will have GPS anyway.

I just don't buy this all happening at the same time without there being a connection.

Could it simply be that they're all trying to air their dirty laundry at the same time, colluding together to reduce the impact that massive product recalls are sure to have?

If that is the case it still is a bit sick, it means they've held on to the information regarding vehicle faults until this opportune time., possibly resulting in crashes and injuries

Or am I just seeing shadows!!!?

I'd appreciate your thoughts ATS!

All the best, KF!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ever hear of the concept "you get what you pay for"?

All those wonderfully cheap Chinese parts are just that: cheap, shoddy, and dangerous.

That's the reality of outsourcing manufacturing to avoid "costly regulations". Those costly regulations are there to ensure safe, high-quality parts. Unfortunately, the corporate world needs to show profit improvement year over year and eventually you reach a point where things can't be "improved" by increased efficiency, higher productivity, etc.,; the point of diminishing returns is soon reached.

After that, the only way to improve is to reduce labor or material costs, but again, you reach a point of diminishing returns pretty quick, because at a certain threshold, quality drops dramatically, and here we are.

Why do you think the markets and banks have leveraged stuff out the kazoo? They've run out of any legitimate means of increasing profitability in the now and need to take it from the future profits. Of course, spending profits you haven't created yet gets you in deep doo-doo quick, too, leaving nothing for future investment or needs, and here we are.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Kiwifoot, great minds think alike. I began research on this topic this morning when I heard about the Honda recall. But alas, other issues took over and I abanded it. Thanks for bringing it up.

My first thought was conspiracy, then I thought, hmm, why?

And, I decided to try on Financial Gain as the bottom line to a conspiracy (it nearly always is greed in one shape size or form).

Now, what would be the financial gain, you ask, since reports are already showing a significant drop in Toyota sales, and a erosion of confidence?

One thought with a bottom line of financial gain is competitor automaker sabotage. I don't think that would be out of the realm.

But what if there is a less obvious financial gain?

What would that be?

To bolster our economy, which in the long run (one or two yrs) is going to pay off.

How?

Four million repair jobs, and four million auto part repairs. Giving small businesses all over the country/world (repair shops, struggling dealerships) WORK that wasnt exactly flying in in the first place. Generating income and causing money movement in a bad economy.

Possible bail out money doled out in the near futire, by poor begging automakers who got their cars recalled.

Maybe others will chime in with their ideas too, but it seems fishy to me too, kiwi.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Look for the money trail. Looks to me like a corporate smear campaign. The Honda recall has been a known recall for the last few years. I know, I have one.

MSM is suddenly all over the auto recall? Who pays for ads during newstime? Notice we don't see any "American" made ( and I say that loosely ) cars popping up for recall? If we do I say its not about cars at all but more of a cover for something else happening that someone doesn't want attention drawn too. But so far it seems to be foriegn models.

Anyone remember when Ford had a problem with exploding gas tanks? Did that issue get this kind of coverage? Not that I can recall. But I was more of a beer hound at the time so maybe I didn't notice so much.

Also, have noticed here at least lately, CNN seems to be all over the BLIZZARD, ....um its weather for cryin out loud. And just in case CNN didn't know there's bloody global warming so why should we be warned and worried about the stinkin BLIZZARD anyway....

Layers upon layers of lies and deceit.....

History is created.....again....what amazes me and saddens me the most, is that people do not think, hey wait a minute, someone just said.....and that contradicts......but evrything is just accepted.....oh ....thats what it was then.....this is what it is now.........

Sorry, I went off track, got on a rant, but yea, the whole bit stinks,
Did you happen to know the first electric car was made in the 1890s?

I don't often jump in these things, all too often I find these topics deepen my sense of helpless frustration, its galling, to have to try and teach my children that so much of what we see around us is lies. I can only give them measured doses of what is vs. what we are lead to believe...otherwise, what does one do, well, ...what? Chat it up on ATS

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There certainly seems to be some protectionism in the air. Could the U.S. be "going to the matresses"?

Here's the next problem for Toyota and I'm sure Honda in the near future.

money.cnn.com...

A few deaths linked to these electronically controlled throttles or faulty braking and their stock kisses dirt.

Government Motors to the rescue. Buy now.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is a classic CIA Hippie Round-up...

Trust me.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if "Al Qaeda" somehow manages to sneak into the auto companies and put a device on all these cars to cause a big false flag after they are returned to their customers.

Who knows what the dumb Elite have planned.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Autos from all manufacturers are constantly getting recalls. Very few make the news, but several have of late and that's all there is to this. You didn't read about any Ford recalls but dealerships do them everyday, same with GM, Chrysler, Nissan and the aforementioned Toyota and Honda. Nothing to see here, please move on...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
MSM news is myopic and comes in waves, obsessing over a select few things at a time. Toyota had a big recall, which is kind of unusual since they're known for pretty reliable quality, so now the news is all over auto recalls.

A lot of stuff goes on that you don't hear about in the front pages of newspapers on on TV headlines, because nobody cares at the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Kiwifoot, great minds think alike. I began research on this topic this morning when I heard about the Honda recall. But alas, other issues took over and I abanded it. Thanks for bringing it up.

My first thought was conspiracy, then I thought, hmm, why?

And, I decided to try on Financial Gain as the bottom line to a conspiracy (it nearly always is greed in one shape size or form).

Now, what would be the financial gain, you ask, since reports are already showing a significant drop in Toyota sales, and a erosion of confidence?

One thought with a bottom line of financial gain is competitor automaker sabotage. I don't think that would be out of the realm.

But what if there is a less obvious financial gain?

What would that be?

To bolster our economy, which in the long run (one or two yrs) is going to pay off.

How?

Four million repair jobs, and four million auto part repairs. Giving small businesses all over the country/world (repair shops, struggling dealerships) WORK that wasnt exactly flying in in the first place. Generating income and causing money movement in a bad economy.

Possible bail out money doled out in the near futire, by poor begging automakers who got their cars recalled.

Maybe others will chime in with their ideas too, but it seems fishy to me too, kiwi.

Thanks!

You put forward a very interesting case there, very plausible.

I especially like the sabotage angle, well this is ATS!

It does seem that GM and Ford aren't having issues, I wonder if that fits into your scenario somehow!

All the best 9and sorry for the late reply!) KF

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
sorry, post in error.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 13-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

new topics
top topics

join