It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Caribbean Cruise - Some lessons to learn...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You know you are an ATS addict, when you post while on vacation...
:shk:

Sorry Crakeur..opportunity knocked..I answered...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

you're right, you are an addict when you post while on vacation.

me? I've been home since Friday.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

We did participate in the scavenger hunt/trivia contest, winning a beach towel and some hats.

We also won the name that tune contest, pocketed a key chain on that.

The best part of the evening entertainment was the juggler. rockstarjuggler.com the guy was amazing.

Man, and we skipped the juggler... The comedian we had was decent though...

Since we spent an extra day at sea, yep, we did the trivia, and other contests too...(and won 4 out of the 5 we played...we lost at some logo challenge (but placed high)... I have more Royal Caribbean knick-knack stuff...lol...

One, was similar to a Monty Haul game, and had a lot of clothes flying off...it was pretty fun, and was one of the late night games...i.e. first woman to come up with two pairs of mens' pants that aren't being worn....

Our waiter had a lot of brain-teasing mind games for us, which we had a lot of fun solving, and surprising him....though he did finally stump me on one...(but now at least one couple is convinced I'm some kind of alien now...)

Example, he laid out three toothpicks into a triangle. He then laid out three coffee stirrers in a triangle. He said, "I want to see the big triangle inside the little triangle, and you can't move the big triangle". Everyone played with the toothpicks, but I just took them, and called over the waiter. I then stood up, holding the three in the triangle, and at about two feet above the table, I could SEE the big triangle inside the little one...

Our friends looked at me as if I had two heads...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

we went to that 11:45 adults only game and left after a few minutes. we weren't playing but we did witness some of the insanity. we left before bras came off but we did see the men putting their pants on backwards.

we did, also, get to hear ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA deck 3 dining room get blasted over the loud speaker. We were talking with the dude who does the entertainment production and he fled the conversation in a rush. When he returned, he refused to tell us what it was about. the last night, the head waiter explained that alpha is for a medical emergency (someone slipped and fell but they were ok).

bravo bravo bravo is for fire.

charlie charlie charlie?

man over board

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was wondering why I heard "Bravo!" when there was the small deck fire... I just figured it was sarcasm!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

better to not know what it means, I guess.

on a side note, over 300 people are ill on a Carnival Caribbean cruise.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ugh...and I'm going on one of those next year...(not my first choice either...and if it was going to the same locales, I'd skip it, but never went to Cozumel, so I'll endure it...) But, I'll be sure to make generous use of hand-sanitizers.

I'm like you Crakeur, it's absolutely NUTS to go back to the boat to eat, when you're in port. Besides, that's part of the fun, is trying those places... We went to a place in Nassau that had some excellent fried conchs, etc., while relaxing on the beach.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know I am late. One thing I will say about Carnival is they had the best pizza I ever had. And I am picky. It is open 24 hours and there is always a line. Even the drunk munchie line at 2am.

But like I said, we were bored out of our minds and the excursions were horrid.

But eh, it was cheap.

If I had done some research I could of been more prepared. Also, the time zone things kept freaking us out and we hear too many horror stories of people not making it back to the ship in time that we didn't stray to far from port.

Lesson learned: do east carribbean, the islands are closer together so you have much more time to spend on them instead of spending it traveling.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yeah, the time on the boat never was right...I don't know if it was based on their home port, or what, but it was always off.

An often forgotten thing is room service too....something I will definitely utilize in bad weather, in the future...or simply when lines are long.

Of course, unless I'm going on a cruise for some other reason than just me and the wife, we'll likely do the Disney line again...

Personally though, I could take the same money, and do an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica for the same number of days....so that's another thought... I actually enjoyed that more than any cruise...and I never even left the resort (didn't need to, for what I wanted to do)...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join