It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambassador calls for divorce after veil-wearing Muslim bride reveals a beard and crossed eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ambassador calls for divorce after veil-wearing Muslim bride reveals a beard and crossed eyes

www.dailyma il.co.uk

An Arab ambassador called for an instant divorce after discovering his veil-wearing fiancée had a beard and was cross-eyed, it emerged today.

The would-be bride had hidden her face behind a Muslim niqab throughout their short courtship, meaning the diplomat had no idea what she looked like.

But as soon as the marriage was contract was signed in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, he tried to kiss her, before coming face-to-face with her hairy face and strange squint.

‘He was absolutely horrified,’ said a wedding guest.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't know who to feel sorrier for here; the bride or the groom or my poor computer screen covered in coffee as i read it, and my poor sides for laughing to hard... lol

I needed that... Been under the duvet all day sick but that cheered me up no end..

Sooo... Another arguement against muslim face veils?? Or to try before you buy??? Or he who marries in haste repents at leisure???

www.dailyma il.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh My God
This is too funny, only wish it could have happened to other people who truly desrve it....
Damn good find OP S&F to you

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
"I was lookin' for bitches but they had that carpet &@#! all over them and I couldn't see what they look like. All that was really exposed was the eyes and that wasn't enough for me, cause you know, &@#!, I'm lookin' at the eyes, the eyes be pretty and I take the carpet off... and then I got a tragedy!" - Ed Wuncler Jr.

First thing that popped in my head.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Wow, now that's one for the books. Although I find your "try before you buy" to be quite repulsive, thanks for the thread.

I remember my uncle telling me a story while he travelled in the middle east, he said that there was something about two couples where both wives wore complete veils/burqa and there were two husbands with massive beards.
Both burqas were black.
I don't quite remember but I think the husbands asked the wives to wait outside a store or something for them and when they came out the husbands took the wrong wives. They couldn't see a difference since both wear identical black burqas and the husbands were tall and very bearded. It's also possible that the wives didn't look up to see the person as in some cultures the woman is not allowed to look at a man eye to eye in public.

I do think that Burqas will one day be a thing of the past, I don't see longevity in it at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i wish others would adopt my ideals in life.....danditt!
i view women as the harbinger of blessed life in their womb. it a holy thing when a child can be born after two come together. why, i think he should count his blessings and get on with the marriage. Rexy
p.s. or not come together, soon after the other one, maybe....i think

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LOL . . good find OP.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're
going to get ! "

LOL . . beards, hairy legs, crossed eyes . .LOL . . crossed eyes . .
LOL . . laughing here . . hairy legs . . laughing here . . .
. . . . . . beards . . . . . crying here . . . crying . .

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhh the shallowness of men lol.. Im still laughing now.. And ModAc, the try before you buy counts for us gals too... Guys get marked out of 10 on every gals checklist before you even think of buying lol...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If he got close enough to her couldn't he tell if she were cross-eyed?

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, if one doesn't "try before you buy", then all I can say is "caveat emptor"

No pity here.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If this guy wasn't a very public person, most likely this woman was "this close" to be stoned, whipped or buried alive by have embarrassed and ashamed him. Personally I don't know why he was so upset and angry, since the Muslim men are usually kissing other bearded guys in the face. If kiss another men don't bother them, why kiss a bearded woman would???

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing that this guy would not have had a trusted female relative take a look at his prospective bride and give him the skinny on her looks.

Thank God for electrolysis & sunglasses!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Lol!!! This story made me laugh.

I feel bad for the lady though.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They could have at least shown pictures but imagine the look on the guys face when he discovered her.... classic. Yeah I'm a shallow bastard with a dark and horrible sense of humor but get over it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So this guy is religious enough to go through an arranged marriage, but apparently not so devout as to want a divorce. Funny how people pick and choose.

As for bourkas, some women choose to wear them. And I understand why. They feel exposed to scrutiny without them. Much like being eyed up as a piece of meat.

And I have heard women interviewed, they also says it forces people to get to know them, instead of basing it on looks, appareance, or status.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hello friend. I see lots of women here that are always wearing black covers and it seems to always be the ones that are in their late 30's and above. Most of them here dont hide their faces but they hide everything else. Flag for the funny storie.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh, that is without doubt the most friggin hilarious thing I've heard today !

OMG.....nope still laughing !!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

He claimed the woman’s parents sent his own mother and and father pictures of her far more attractive sister.

SOURCE.

That's so wrong. lol Reminds me of the story about Leah and Rachel in the Old Testament. The article also mentioned he spent $100K on the wedding. I'd really want to sue the parents for deceiving me (he tried but lost).

The story's premise makes me laugh as a whole but my heart does go out to the woman, though. It said she was torn up by the whole ordeal.

top topics

join