It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DrillGate - Obama Dragging His Feet - Offshore Drilling!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Fraudian
reply to post by centurion1211

Im still waiting for those sources that told you there is plenty of oil to cut our dependence right here in the great US of A!

The US consumes 20 of the 88 million barrels of oil produced in total around the world a day. 7 million of that is produced in the United states. The middle east brings out 56% of the worlds oil daily, and the total North american production of the fuel source is 16%. You are essentially arguing there is doubt the resources untapped that will be sustainable for us for years to come.

www.eia.doe.gov...

Its a very strong argument so I'd like to know what sources told you so. Dont tell me its hidden up there in Alaska. BP and shell have been operating in Alaska for some time now and are producing less and less over the last few decades:

Although Alaska's production declined from 2 million barrels per day (bbl/d) in 1988 to 864,000 bbl/d in 2005

tonto.eia.doe.gov...

California has already got the oil corporations riddling much of its coasts and inland parts:
tonto.eia.doe.gov...
I wont even start with Texas, thats been drill ridden for longer than the other states.

I suppose maybe your "sources" also told you about the Bakken formation out in the Dakota's and Montana? Its BS. While there are confirmed recoverable oil sources there, the amount is petty compared to the amount this country needs to consumer a day:
www.usgs.gov...

Theres estimated to be up to 4.3 billion barrels hidden there. To fill this nations current need and independence it will only last a year.

I do not deny there is probably untouched areas with hidden fossil fuels but this assumption we should just dump and drill everywhere to get every single drop to supposedly solve our energy crises is naive.

Taking aside the population growth and ever increasing energy needs, you are arguing we would be able to cut off our dependence long term if we just drill in more places. Your essentially arguing to more than double our production in states that have for much of its time been drilled for the last century. Of course the oil corporations would want every single drop before it all ends, so they'll paint a rosy picture to get your support.

I mean what sources gave you this idea again?

It's a good start. Now try looking at some sites that show opposing views. Open your mind. Allow yourself to consider the possibility that your tunnel vision has missed the mark and kept you from seeing the real light.

You're good at the research and I've got systems to take care of. I'm sure you'll do fine.

[edit on 2/11/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda dubious

Originally posted by centurion1211
Wait! Do any of you libs here even know what "riparian" means?

I'll venture to guess it is a slimy lower life form.

One of your cousins perhaps?

[edit on 11-2-2010 by kinda dubious]

Your (lack of) intelligence precedes you.

It has to do with things relating to or located on the banks of a river or stream.

BTW, I've actually involved myself in local government instead of hiding behind a keyboard and living off of Hostess cupcakes. You know, actually stepping up and making a difference.

You?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I've been chairman of a couple different city planning commissions, so I've seen it over and over. They show up at the meetings in tears and lament the coming "riparian holocaust". Wait! Do any of you libs here even know what "riparian" means?

So while you were a chairman of these city planning commissions did you childishly mangle peoples names in order to vainly attempt to appear superior to them? How did that go over?

And I don't really think that the vegetation along side streams will be adversely affected by high speed rail lines down the middle of interstates. Call me uninformed but the proposed routes don't appear to be along any river or stream where the vegetation might be affected.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It is the official website of the Energy Information Association.

You don't think that is a credible site?

Must be out of rebuttals. Out brained.

BTW, I used to build docks. I know what riparian means. Like rights? Big whoop
You don't think "libs" have waterfront property?

[edit on 11-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I've been chairman of a couple different city planning commissions, so I've seen it over and over. They show up at the meetings in tears and lament the coming "riparian holocaust". Wait! Do any of you libs here even know what "riparian" means?

So while you were a chairman of these city planning commissions did you childishly mangle peoples names in order to vainly attempt to appear superior to them? How did that go over?

Of course not. But this is ATS, surely you'll allow me to indulge in a little palinophobic-style fun at your expense. After all, since you often mangle the truth to suit your purpose, wouldn't it be just slightly hypocritical for you to complain ...

And I don't really think that the vegetation along side streams will be adversely affected by high speed rail lines down the middle of interstates. Call me uninformed but the proposed routes don't appear to be along any river or stream where the vegetation might be affected.

Of course you wouldn't.. But then you've obviously not put in the time I have actually running these hearings - or even attending just one. The enviro-nazis actually send in teams to count the lizards and insects in each square foot of ground that they have an interest in. I've even seen them "seed" a parcel of land with an endangered species - usually dead to make everyone feel even worse - to try and sway opinion. Yes, these are the people on YOUR side of the political spectrum. Never afraid to distort the truth or even outright lie. After all, the ends justify the means in the Manifesto.

[edit on 2/11/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You are correct. I live in Tampa and the "I-4 Corridor" (between Tampa and Orlando has extremely wide medians.) Ideally, the service could extend to connect Orlando to Port Canaveral which is fast becoming a major cruise ship port. That would eliminate hundreds of busses which frequently shuttle passengers from Orlando International Airport to cruise terminal.

Edit to add example of current elevated roadway (not train) recently built here.

Plus jobs for my state and enhanced eco-friendly tourism.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
[edit on 2/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Have a good night.

Ditto and sweet dreams

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dc4dd83a2dc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Wow, arrogant much? I fail to see how you are the victor of this debate is all you offered as rebuttals were insults and personal opinions?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Of course not. But this is ATS, surely you'll allow me to indulge in a little palinophobic-style fun at your expense. After all, since you often mangle the truth to suit your purpose, wouldn't it be just slightly hypocritical for you to complain ...

Mangle the truth? I don't think so. In fact I don't think I have ever stated something on this site that wasn't true. I also don't think it's appropriate to trash someones username in a childish attempt at an ad hominem attack. It's just not the way to be taken seriously. I think it's meant to derail and deflect when it's obvious you don't have any real facts to back up your claims.

Of course you wouldn't.. But then you've obviously not put in the time I have actually running these hearings - or even attending just one. The enviro-nazis actually send in teams to count the lizards and insects in each square foot of ground that they have an interest in. I've even seen them "seed" a parcel of land with an endangered species - usually dead to make everyone feel even worse - to try and sway opinion. Yes, these are the people on YOUR side of the political spectrum. Never afraid to distort the truth or even outright lie. After all, the ends justify the means in the Manifesto.

If you ran those meetings like you post on here, I don't think a whole lot would have been accomplished on your side. You wouldn't happen to have been a Detroit City Council member would you? Happen to call the Chairman Shrek?

Sorry, I am not buying this garbage. If environmental groups did happen to fight this, they would most likely be laughed out of the room. These rail lines are proposed to go down the medians of interstates. This land is already set aside for future construction. These high speed train plans already have an environmental impact statement filed. I doubt seriously that environmental groups would care.

But go ahead and scoff, mangle usernames, use ad hominem attacks and anything else to try and make your argument. We will stick with the truth and facts thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

Wow, arrogant much? I fail to see how you are the victor of this debate is all you offered as rebuttals were insults and personal opinions?

Go back and read the recent posts by kinda curious and others and then either call them arrogant as well, or call yourself a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a3173e3269b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well, at least you have to give Palin credit for actually being an American citizen and thus actually eligible to run for office here.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Debunked here by a Forum Moderator:

Originally posted by neformore
Well lookee here...

Original pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3f36f0ce40c.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to original site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Give up man......

[edit on 12-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Give up man......

[edit on 12-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

You first ...

And since you seem to like motivational posters, try this one:

I've got a bunch more, too.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am sure you do and they probably all are just as real as the first pic you posted.

No one is buying the partisan crap here anymore. You might like Palin and hate Obama and that is fine, but we expect actual truth not bull

In this thread Palin got owned seriously, for writing on her hand. That point I don't disparage her for, frankly I have written on my hand too when I needed to remember something. But the lies she is spreading on Facebook? Cmon now, you are more intelligent than that right? You have run city council meetings before. Obviously you can spot bull
when you see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I am sure you do and they probably all are just as real as the first pic you posted.

There were a few "unreal" Palin photos posted here, remember?

No one is buying the partisan crap here anymore.

Really? Show us that by your own actions.

You have run city council meetings before. Obviously you can spot bull when you see it.

Planning Commission, not city council. Know your local government and how it works.

And "yes I can". It's the exact reason I post on the same threads you and kinda kurious post on.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No one is buying the partisan crap here anymore.

Really? Show us that by your own actions.

Sure thing....

Harkin, Shaeen Eye filibuster Reform....

Sen. Shelby, Pork for Hostages Scandal.

Rahm Emanuel Under Fire for "F*ing Retarded" Comment.

There you go, I am an equal opportunity bull
killer. Also, I am running for the House this term, why? Because I don't like the way this country is being run into the ground with this partisan bull
. We were promised change, we got more of the same, and I for one am sick and tired of both sides blaming each other for this stupidity. Palin ain't going to stick up for the little guy, Obama sure as hell isn't sticking up for the little guy, you need a little guy to stick up for the little guy. If I am elected, I wont give a crap if I am elected again cause I plan on bringing a can of whoop ass to congress, and I won't be afraid to let them know what the people think about them.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Good for you.

What district?

Keep talking like this and I might even vote for you.

*positive feedback for a positive post*

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Michigan's 11th district. Currently held by Thadeus McCotter. Frankly his partisan management is tedious. He is a member of two opposing conservative groups which shows that he is only interested in appealing to special interest groups instead of working for the betterment of his district as a whole.

I don't plan on utilizing any sort of special interest groups to further my campaign, nor do I want any sort of donations. I will be running completely unaffiliated, because I believe that every American deserves representation not just those of a political party.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join