It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DrillGate - Obama Dragging His Feet - Offshore Drilling!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Team Obama is dragging it's feet on offshore drilling.
We need the JOBS and the oil right NOW!
You Heard it here first - Sarah Palin is on the Attack!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Another point that Sarah has that I agree with.

We needed to be drilling YEARS ago. It never made sense to me, even as a child that we would buy our oil from people who don't like us, rather than using our own natural reserves. Plain stupid!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Please refrain from providing "blind links" to trash like this. I am certain I am being monitored and would hate to explain why I visited a Bimbo's Facebook page.

Kind Regards...kk

[edit on 10-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Considering that you are aware of the oil crisis that is facing the world as a whole. Hence we could be without in less than 20 years and even less if you consider that once we hit a certain level of shortage that the prices would become so high that it would completely collapse society as we know it.

So, with that being said, what you do not realize and should research is the fact that offshore drilling would be not only an astronomical expense, but the very fact that it would actually require the consumption of more oil than we would gather makes it completely moot!

Remember, Finite Energy and Infinite Growth = FAIL!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

And where is it that you get your information from?

Respectfully you are incorrect with the statement about it costing more in oil than you will gain.

You are hitting the same talking points that Pelosi was using.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Submarines]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Doesn't matter...

If Obama tried to pass a bill to offshore drilling, republican senators would simply fillibuster it.

might wanna watch the news...we no longer have a functioning government. foot dragging cannot occur when your feet are cemented into the ground by the opposition.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
LOL! Good point.

That is one of the many problems with the 2 party system.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Listen, if you don't understand the complexities of this, than I'm sorry and I cannot help you. Also, please don't compare me to that bit$# Pelosi, as my contention has nothing to do with her fake ass global warming and environmental premises.

These are facts:

1. Off shore drilling is only a temporary solution to a permanent long term problem. Remember we are dealing with a finite resource here. In case you didn't know it's almost up.

2. The refineries that would have to be built would use up a god awful amount of money, infrastructure and most of all, MORE OIL!!!!

3. What you need to realize is that the paradigm that we are in...aka industrial revolution (creation of oil) is ending. We can keep putting band-aids on this, but eventually it's going to fall off and then what? We used up what little remaining infrastructure and resources for offshore drilling which in the end won't amount to S-H-I-T.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My appologies to the Pelosi comment.

I am in agreement with you, in part in your first statement that oil is a finite resource.

As far as the refineries are concerned, they already exist and would be used to process our own resource rather than that purchased else where.

I am also in partial agreement with your third statement as well. We should be working towards alternatives, but I think we should be doing both.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ah, another troll post courtesy of Eurisko. Like we really need even more of this divisive crap on ATS.

Offshore drilling is a joke. It was a buzzword that the McCain ticket used during the 08 elections to try and swing gullible voters into their favor. It's not practical, it's not worthwhile, and it's not efficient. The amount of time and money it would take before we even started to see results would be an extra burden on our already struggling economy, not to mention the terrible toll it would take on our offshore ecology.

But of course, you know that. You just post things to get a rise out of people. Shame on me for taking the bait.

P.S. - Links to facebook.com don't really fit the qualifications for a "breaking news" article.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The solution is not as simple as it seems.

As President Bush calls for repealing a ban on drilling off most of the coast of the United States, a shortage of ships used for deep-water offshore drilling promises to impede any rapid turnaround in oil exploration and supply.

Dearth of deep-sea drilling ships hinders exploration.

Mr. Bush called on Congress Wednesday to end a longstanding federal ban on offshore drilling and open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for oil exploration, arguing that the steps were needed to lower gasoline prices and bolster national security.

You can't blame this person he asked for congress to do something and they did not.

Most new orders for drill-ships have gone to Asian shipyards. Companies in Singapore and China have benefited, but South Korea’s big three shipbuilders — Samsung Heavy Industries, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering and Hyundai Heavy Industries — have gotten the bulk of orders for the most complex and expensive types of vessels.

Strange that when they discuss the world wide unemployment and recession hitting other countries they rarely speak of these countries.

And Obama still ponders ways to get people back to work.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hey agreed, my friend. You damn right we need to be finding alternative energy sources, not for profitability but SURVIVAL of our species.

Have you ever considered that the only reason that both you and I exist today, meaning were born on this planet is because of oil? Pretty disturbing thought isn't it....but think about it, if you were to take the last two thousand years of history, you'll find that the world population consistently hovered at about a billion people until the general use of oil around 1900.

Take a look at this picture, pretty disturbing, especially when you realize that dramatic increases such as the world population can only be followed by a dramatic decrease. That is the law of conservation 101.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

We need to Drill Baby Drill today!
Team Obama needs to stop lecturing us and start listening us.
We need the JOBS and the OIL right now!
Wake Up!

====DrillGate====
-----------------------------------
He is ignoring the JOBS and focusing on bulldozing ObamaCare through
congress.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Listen, if you don't understand the complexities of this, than I'm sorry and I cannot help you. Also, please don't compare me to that bit$# Pelosi, as my contention has nothing to do with her fake ass global warming and environmental premises.

These are facts:

1. Off shore drilling is only a temporary solution to a permanent long term problem. Remember we are dealing with a finite resource here. In case you didn't know it's almost up.

2. The refineries that would have to be built would use up a god awful amount of money, infrastructure and most of all, MORE OIL!!!!

3. What you need to realize is that the paradigm that we are in...aka industrial revolution (creation of oil) is ending. We can keep putting band-aids on this, but eventually it's going to fall off and then what? We used up what little remaining infrastructure and resources for offshore drilling which in the end won't amount to S-H-I-T.

1] I'll take the "temporary solution" today. We need the oil and jobs now!
2]When we spend a "god awful amount of money" we would have
something to show for our money. I guess we could spend a
"god awful amount of money" on ObamaCare instead?
3]There is a lot of oil off shore. Lets go get it and STOP sitting around
and thinking up reasons why we should just do nothing.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yawn........
OP's Profile. One trick pony................................
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b63a99da8ce2.jpg[/atsimg]

Honestly I don't know what makes some people so aloof, but whatever it is sure seems to be working.

Even if we drill today, we wouldn't reap any benefit for years to come. In the meantime we should be developing alternative sources of energy before we suck our resources dry.

It's like saying the sky is blue to a child.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I looked at your posts.

Nothing to brag about.

You remind me of those pinheads at universities.
You believe in the diversity of everything except thought.
That's sad.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

"we wouldn't see any benefits for years"
That is a recipe for paralysis.
They said that 10 years ago. Look at us now.
Still sitting on our hands dreaming up reasons why we should
"just do nothing".

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It figures. No need to even respond to him, because obviously he ignores the facts. This thread is about to die a quick and painless death.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The truth makes too much sense.
You know i'm right.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Rubbish it does not take more oil than you recover i work in the offshore oil and gas industry (subsea well heads and completions). The last project that i worked on was 6 wells and with only one well producing the entire project was paid off in 3 months then everything produced then on is profit not taking in account any workovers or any other maintenance issues.The project afore mentioned is small some projects can be over 100 wells massive money to be made for a long time yet.And as far as I am aware the offshore drilling industry in the usa is massive (gulf of mexico)in fact one of the deepest water projects has recently been carried out there

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join