It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know this about Gaza?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Savages vs. savages.

Savages vs Resistance is a better statement. If the country you come from was systematically taken from you piece by piece illegally, would you not fight back?

Calling the palestinians terrorists, is wearing a little thin these days, the Jewish owned main stream is fighting a loosing battle thanks to the internet.

The truth is becoming harder to hide

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pan7her

Originally posted by Grumble
Savages vs. savages.

Savages vs Resistance is a better statement. If the country you come from was systematically taken from you piece by piece illegally, would you not fight back?

Calling the palestinians terrorists, is wearing a little thin these days, the Jewish owned main stream is fighting a loosing battle thanks to the internet.

The truth is becoming harder to hide

defo, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The threat against the Islamic world is two-fold with the combined threat of America and Israel. Israel is a powerful military force but its military involvement (with a few exceptions) is limited when compared to the involvement of the US. However, Israel has employed a passive-aggressive strategy, painting themselves as the victims in every scenario, and thus anything they do is met with very limited objection. Being able to potentially get away with anything is equally as dangerous as having the actual means to do anything.

Israel's "victim status" has allowed it to run rampant around the Gaza Strip; anything done by the Palestinians is vile terrorism and anything done by the Israelis (even when the types of victims are women, children etc.) is seen as a mild defence against some kind of wild and ferocious enemy that can strike at any time, unseen until it is too late. A Palestinian child throws a rock at what he perceives to be a big bully and the tanks roll in, generally to the applause of most who nod, knowing that the Israelis just crushed the next suicide bomber.

Whilst it might be hard to argue against the existence of Israel (everyone needs a homeland), one also needs to recognise the severe problems it may cause. Seemingly the Palestinian Arabs have got the worst bit of the deal and been told to like it unless they want to be bombed out of existence. Everything they do is wrong and is defined as terrorism.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sianara

Originally posted by Sparky63
reply to post by Sparkey76

Gaza does have exports that some may choose to boycott.

That article is a little old to post here,
for many years now, Israel has closed the borders both in and out of Gaza. So no Trade either way.

Its a concentration camp, and considering half the population are kids, then its also a concentration camp for children. but i guess you lot are too busy calling people anti semitic to notice that.

I never called anyone anti-semitic! Please show where I did or apologize for making such a base accusation.

Regarding the page I linked to; It may be out of date, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Regarding Gaza's exports. I admit I was unaware of the extent of Israels blockade.

This BBC report clearly pointed out that since 2007, when Hamas took control of Gaza, Israel intensified their blockade, restricting almost all exports.

Cut flowers, along with strawberries, were some of Gaza's main exported raw goods, providing a valuable source of income to thousands of families in the Gaza Strip.

Since June 2007, only a small number of lorries with strawberries and flowers have left the territory.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight. For the record though, I never called anyone an anti-Semite

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

This shows a remarkable unwillingness to inform yourself. if you don't care one way or another - as seems to be the case - why say anything at all?

Neither side are "savages" and pretending you hold yourself above the fray while using such terms just makes you look ridiculous.

Both sides have a nasty past. This does not make them equals.

The crux of the matter is, Israel is oppressing the Palestinians, and the Palestinians don't like being oppressed. You can bark back and forth, pro-Zionist with pro-Palestinian at each others' throats, you can even argue that israel NEEDS to do this oppressing. But the bald fact is.. .ISrael is oppressing people who don't like the situation.

If Israel stopped doing this, it would go a VERY long way towards peace, and any of the Palestinians who kept rattling sabres and shooting rockets would have absolutely no sympathy from anyone at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
clearly unbiased video is clearly unbiased.
wait, theres a war in teh middle east?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
so, does that mean even in oz that KRAFT profits would go to israel? if that is the case i'll stop buying the product. i dont want to support in any way those genocidal bathplugs.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
so do you guys all hate jews or just zionists?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

Zionism is nationalism, and the want for a jewish homeland disregarding the palestinians right to that land.

There are a lot of jews who practice judaism who are against zionism, most notably, rabbi weiss and rabbi goldstein. search for what they have to say on youtube.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm actually a bit surprised that there hasn't been a Muslim boycott of Israeli goods here in the US. Or has there been? There is a large Muslim population here and a great majority of them sympathize with the Palestinians.

I really don't think that a scattershot boycott will have enough of an effect. For the Israeli politicians and people, there is a multifaceted motivation for full dominance of "Greater Israel" - religious, racial, nationalistic, and economic factors must be taken into account.

It'll take a large force to make them stop. They never have (short breaks perhaps) and don't ever plan on stopping.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Fact is, there needs to be a world wide boycott, not with a couple of thousands...
But it also needs to start somewhere, and it might as well start with you.
And then you tell people you know...
In a little while there will be organized a collective boycott, I'm sure, but these things always take a little time to get going...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

Simply disapproving of Israel's actions against Palestinians doesn't make anyone anti-Semitic.

Hate jews? I actually love Israelis. Love them cause all of those I met were against the war, sick and tired of it. Love them cause their best friends in a foreign country are always Palestinians. Love this Jewish girl I know, married to a Palestinian, both of them forced to flee Israel so they can stay together.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

I detest the variety of zionism espoused by the Israeli government and several factions within its greater population; the aggressive, militaristic variety of zionism that demands a nation of Eretz Israel between the Nile and Euphrates, a racist, dangerous philosophy that calls for the cleansing of extermination of non-Jews living in these areas, and that further asserts the right to kill and destroy within any other nation that they wish.

This is not synonymous with Jews. Nor is it even synonymous with Zionism (like any political or religious ideology, Zionism has several camps. Not all of them are violent materialists like this).

I also do not hate. I harbor a strong dislike, but nothing so complete as hate. if tomorrow, Benyamin Netanyahu abandoned his violence advocacy, I would give him three cheers.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacific_waters
You guys are idiots. The whole damn "Palestinian" issue was manufactured by the arab states, including Jordan. No one wanted the damn place until jews wanted it as a homeland. You're out of your frickin' tree if you think it would be a land of milk and honey of only those damn pesky jews would go away. Israel has been under the gun since its founding. The land zionists settled on was purchased, not stolen, from arab landowners. Hamas and Fatah have never renounced their desire to destroy Israel. The only thing you bozos will be satisfied with is the destruction of the Jewish state.

I actually have a friend who lived in Gaza and settlers did take his family's land and burn the olive trees. But they got it all back using the law and not using rockets and bombs. The Palestinians did have a rough time under the Turks and then Israel. Yes, the conflict was joined by fanatics from all over but Palestinians were and are oppressed.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi, I just want to state this thread is dangerously close or may already be against ATS T&C as explained here Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting?.

To think this site could possibly endorse one position of ANY topic is to utterly misunderstand why we built this site. The Denial of Ignorance is NOT a call to arms or action.

It is the courteous discussion and debate of ALL sides of EVERY issue important to humanity. AboveTopSecret will never endorse a specific "side" or position on any issue by allowing those whose agenda needs attention or support to recruit that support on this site PERIOD.

By allowing that sort of acitivity (recruiting or "gathering") we endorse the "recruiter's" position by proxy.

I am not being biased here, it's just my observation and I feel ATS board should only be used for discussion and not "trying" to solicit or recruit.

I apologise if I took the thread in wrong sense or misunderstood the essence of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have been reading the comments on this girls video, and most of them are very positive to the boycott.
Maybe we should try to figure out ways to get this out to other forums and to more people so that we can actually start a huge boycott.
Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve on how we help both the video and the message?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join