It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Einstein's Telescope": Zooming In On the Dark Side of the Universe l

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From the Daily Galaxy

"The Hubble Space Telescope has revealed a never-before-seen optical alignment in space: a pair of glowing rings, one nestled inside the other like a bull's-eye pattern. The double-ring pattern is caused by the complex bending of light from two distant galaxies strung directly behind a foreground massive galaxy, like three beads on a string. The foreground galaxy is 3 billion light-years away, the inner ring and outer ring are comprised of multiple images of two galaxies at a distance of 6 and approximately 11 billion light-years."

WOW the photograph is amazing...VERY interesting!
article and photo

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That's one of the most intriguing Hubble pics I've ever seen..

Thanks

~But I was looking at the wrong one...looks like a black hole but ain't one...but it is~

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Signals]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
looks cool is that black middle bit a black hole? or as i like to call it a dark matter star . . ....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. They are saying this is not a black hole?

Seems like that's what it would be...

Looks like dark matter propaganda to me...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Umm, guys, just so you know, the photo is not in the article. It's in the link at the bottom of the page.

imgsrc.hubblesite.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deran

AH HA! Yeah I knew the pic in the article looked faked, but I didn't want to say anything..

That is interesting indeed. How are they so sure it is a result of grav lensing?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
QUESTION: maybe someone can explain this to me....We are looking out into the universe millions and billions of light years away...so what we are seeing is what was there, at that time...not what is there now.

So, am i wrong to assume that if we are seeing the past, then why are we getting excited about planets in another galaxy that is a million light years away? It doesn't mean it's there now.

Also...if we are looking at the past (the time it takes light to travel) then we may be looking at ourselves...far fetched...but possible?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11

Also...if we are looking at the past (the time it takes light to travel) then we may be looking at ourselves...far fetched...but possible?

I've always wondered that myself. And what if all the galaxies in the universes are actually the milky way and some point in the past??
Too bad none of the galaxies are even remotely like ours (some with more than on sun, uninhabitable planets etc.) Oh, I think I just debunked myself....hahaha Back to work now.

new topics

top topics

join