It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Two - Convergence. (Merge BTS & ATS?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I vote no.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I still don't like it, yes while BTS only has 8% of the traffic, it has a nice core group that have bonded in quite the unique way. I fear that much of that comrodery would be lost on ATS.

But please, don't destroy a good thing.

Eggs freaking zactly..BTS is where you learn that the members are real people and it has developed into a community of it's own where all are invited with open arms.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, I read BTS but have never taken the time to create a login. It would be great I think.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I see a lot of no's.

I think the merge would be a wonderful idea. Simple, create a built-in tab where one could switch back and forth(between Ats and Bts). Something like the Google Chrome tab system.

Peace.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by deadforce]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

It is a contribution but is a post about eating chocolate really much of a contribution that should be rewarded??

Drums, I have seen OP authored on the merits of chocolate presented with much more grace and forethought than some on ATS which simply say, "I say saw a shadow, is it a haarpooning ghost? *discuss*." But that is simply my opinion and one of the few ways I can express it is by giving a little star and a pretty flag.
IF one places value on such things as stars and flags, then surely they should respect others' choices on where and onto whom they wish to award them, and not be subject to what you and I might think as to the worthiness of that post or OP.

Meh, the more I think about it the more I want to say no, please do not merge them. But like anything else, if and when changes come, it will be what it is and we will adapt accordingly.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh god no! Please don't do this.....mutter would explode. It would turn into a spam box for everyone to come post their new threads.

I like the fact that most ATS'ers don't even know about, or care about, mutter. If it's on ATS....it would just invite people that really don't give a damn and will simply ruin it for us that enjoy it.

-Dev

link   

Originally posted by amazed

Yes, I read BTS but have never taken the time to create a login. It would be great I think.

You can log in at BTS with the same username and password you use at ATS, so you don't have to create new ones, if that is what you mean.

And I also vote no to a merge. But it would be very nice to be able to star posts in BTS too. Lots of funny, insightful, entertaining and wonderful crazy posts there that deserve some stars!

link   
It is a good idea to merge both together,BUT,I have to vote
no as well.It is better to keep them separate and add STARS!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You have a very good point there SDog.
I always thought stars were more for the conspiracy side of things and not really for common talk.

But I do agree that some people can make a chocolate thread better then some could make a conspiracy thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I definitely think if the 2 sites were merged, it would definitely make BTS a lot more popular; I didn't even know what it was until about a month after I signed up for ATS.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I vote no to a merge.

Please leave as is.

No changes necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Why did ATS and BTS diverge in the first place?

A long time ago on a website (seemingly) far-far away... the Chit Chat forum was on ATS and some off-topic discussions were overwhelming the relatively small size we were at the time.

Initially, the split was very-well received, and about 40% of our traffic was dedicated to BTS.

Over time, traffic has faltered. And while overall monthly users are about the same from late 2008 until now, pages-viewed per visit are declining to the point where BTS is less than 8% of the traffic of ATS.

If this happens, there would likely be some additional refinements to accommodate the convergence...

1) still no flags on BTS (off-topic) threads

2) stars would likely be introduced

3) more-integrated management of your favorite forums as displayed on the recent posts page, so it would be easy to opt-out of seeing threads from off-topic forums.

The log-in system is odd, SO. Three seperate log-in system for ats, bts, and the media portal I think. If you change one site password, will it change the other two?
Those three definitely are not seamless at all. Plus you return to the main board if you view BTS thread from a non-login state.
BTS stars should be different from ATS stars. Perhaps not stars but something else.
Or perhaps you could just have 2 recent post buttons, one for ats and one for bts.

[edit on Wed, 10 Feb 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I also Vote No .

that is like saying every forum i visit should be merged together because i am lazy and cant remember my passwords.

BTS and ATS are very different entities and should be kept this way.

another revamp? argh no i fear change! :p seriously Good luck with that

regards

QS

[edit on 10/2/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Skeptic...I vote NO.
as was stated by previous members, bts has it attributes that would be lost in the sea of ats..
I'm all for merging the log in..but then again, i never log out of either domain.
Those of us who are long time members know that bts has a different feel to it for a reason...
I don't want to lose that to the egos that bang heads on Ats..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
LOL

'Too difficult' to log into BTS?
Maybe the complainer(s) shouldn't be on either board.

My vote? No...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I vote NO....leave it as is.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Lilydale, you do not have a notepad of all your passwords?

Yeah, she's got a password notepad, I saw it last night while I was hacking her compu....oops. Nothing. I didn't say anything.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would actually post on BTS if It didnt have the separate login. I would love to see a merger. two great sites in one place! plus it would be nice to post on my threads that had to be migrated, haha.

Why is everyone saying no?!?

it would be cool if you could select which site you want recent feeds for at the top of the page.

Also, it would be TIGHT if you could see a block of text you entered when getting a new post error. its CRAZY annoying when you have spent an hour typing up a great thread only to have it wiped out when you forget to add a tittle or something.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I say YES!

Keep the two fundamentally different in some ways (color scheme, etc.) but allow people to flip back and forth between the two with a single click rather than allowing extra log in.

To merge them completely so BTS becomes simply a sub-section of ATS would encourage more "madness" on ATS, but seperate logins discourages traffic on BTS. The solution is to keep the sites seperate, but not to require a separate login.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't bother with BTS because it's just another login... it doesn't have a lot of interest like ATS; merging it might get more usage out of some of the forums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join