It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Cold War appearing to our eyes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, as many of you have been watching closely, the world is starting to talk about nuclear weapons way to often.

I'm not going into details regarding who is right and who is wrong, or who has the right to use them for a defense/attack strategy.

But if look at the bigger picture, you will notice some small details about this whole situation that starts to beg the question:

Is there a Cold War II starting to appear in front of our eyes?

Iran is making a strong statement, while rather vague, regarding Feb 11th. ( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Israel is making a strong statement, saying that they wont back down in case they are in danger, and that they will use nuclear weapons. ( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

And now, Russia is making a huge statement, by telling the world that they will use nuclear weapons in case their government is in direct/indirect danger. (jn.sapo.pt... - This article is in portuguese. But anyway, it states that the Russians have refreshed their protocols in the matter of national security, and they made the announcement public making special attention to the fact that they will use nuclear weapons in case their country, or any other close allies, are threatened)

Are this the signs that so many experts have been talking recently? Are this the first clues to a possible WWIII, and are this the seeds to a possible "world revolution" (change of powers and new superpowers, and so on) ?

The origin point is easy to detect, and is in the Middle East with the Iranian situation growing and growing.

The US are showing their teeth to Iran, and even attack indirectly China. The Iran started with numerous threats, and we'll see tomorrow whats that about.

Israel, a US allied country, is also showing their teeth, and now it seems that every allied forces are starting to get into discussion.

I ask you this, do you think that we need to pull out our magic helmets and prepare for when SHTF, soon?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately, yes it appears so.

I'd rather have a cold war than a hot one though.

Not sure why Russia would announce that, it's pretty much understood (posturing???).

On the Iranian issue, why doesn't the U.S. just assassinate Ahmadinejad? I know about the policy but it would save so much money and so many lives...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Unfortunately, yes it appears so.

I'd rather have a cold war than a hot one though.

Not sure why Russia would announce that, it's pretty much understood (posturing???).

On the Iranian issue, why doesn't the U.S. just assassinate Ahmadinejad? I know about the policy but it would save so much money and so many lives...

Yeah, a cold war seems way better than a hot one.

But honestly, with Israel making such threats, and sending missile navy vessels to do "something", isn't a good sign.

In case nobody noticed, the navy ships left on the 7th, with a four day travel time. 7 + 4 = 11.

February 11th. Not a good sign.

I don't believe that Iran would make a threat without having some sort of "insurance policy" to back it up.

This guys (west) need to seriously think what they are about to get into.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well since you brought up assassination, he is not a US citizen, therefore it would be against some or other unwritten law.

One must not assassinate other heads of state.

Killing millions of civilians is fine, just no heads of state.

Of course if you defeat them in war and then have a nice show trial. All is good.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
NO way Iran attacks anybody, I just can't see them being that dumb....maybe US or Israel false flag on one of their own ships?

There was another member somewheres else that suggested possible EMP attack on the US from Iran's new "satellite" they just launched...that would be devastating and would start the BIG ONE....hope that ain't it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

NO way Iran attacks anybody, I just can't see them being that dumb....maybe US or Israel false flag on one of their own ships?

A flag op is plausible.

But an attack from Iran is also plausible. The whole west is pushing Iran against the wall. Sanctions, threats of attack (even nuclear) and so on...

...from history you can learn that countries responded to much less.

It wasn't that long ago when a guy called Hitler called on his people to enrage and revolt against the powers that were threatening on their country.

Now you have the nuclear restrains and the economic sanctions. Back then, Germany was forbidden to start producing their own offensive weaponry. The first step? Ignoring those sanctions and those restrictions made by the other countries.

If Iran ignores the nuclear treaty, you can speculate on what's happening next. And until now, Russia and their allies were kind of numb in relation to technology and modern warfare. A few days ago the russians started to test their first 5th generation (stealth) fighter, and it has some really cool gear.

...the kind of gear you use to face the american made fighters. The game is now turning.

It's a real danger if you consider that the people will unite if the consider that a greater threat is being made upon them. After everything is said and done, people still love their country more than they love their government. You just need the right reason to trigger that sort of events.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think we are heading towards a new cold war era with all the big men shouting at each other ones going to step up and punch another in the face.

I know there are many many many reasons to not have a war but do the NWO or whoever want a war threat like a cold war above everyones head ?

It brings people together in the community to forget about little things on focus themselves. they stick together.

Is that what the dont want. i think so.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The cold war never really ended, it just shifted to Asia and the Middle east.

Oh how much simpler the world was when only Russia, the USA and China had nukes, now everybody has or wants em.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Oh how much simpler the world was when only Russia, the USA and China had nukes, now everybody has or wants em.

imagine yourself face-to-face with your enemy

if you have a gun and hes holding a rock...youre more likely to dictate how things transpire

if both of you have guns...theres better negotiation to sort things out

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

So should we give South Korea nukes?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by FuGGer

So should we give South Korea nukes?

sure. if they wanted it. why not?
but i think they like $$$$ and market stability better.

top topics

join