It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary to China: Vote for Iran Sanctions, or Face Gulf Conflagration and Oil Cutoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hillary to China: Vote for Iran Sanctions, or Face Gulf Conflagration and Oil Cutoff

www.infowars.com

If the Chinese fail to captitulate on this point, Mrs. Clinton darkly hinted, the US would no longer restrain the Israelis, who might then launch their long-threatened air attack on Iran, which the US has emphatically vetoed over the past two years. At that point, the Iranians would try to interdict Gulf maritime traffic and close the strait of Hormuz, meaning that about a third of China’s oil could be cut off. (The other 20% comes from Saudi Arabia.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

For China, approving crippling sanctions against Iran means in all probability the loss of 10% to 12% of its oil imports, the aborting of some $80 billion in development projects by Beijing in Iran, the sacrifice of hundreds of billions of dollars worth of oil which the Chinese have locked in via futures contracts, and, above all, a farewell to the best chance of getting a secure overland oil pipeline far away from the US-UK fleets — the pipeline from Iran via Pakistan into China.

This is a turning point in Chinese-American relations. It seems that the US has changed its policy on China from being very non-committal to openly engaging China. For the past few years, I have perceived the US to appear crippled by China's grip on the US economy, but that has reached a turning point.

One thing is sure, there's no way back. If they US would decide to pull back from this approach, they would considered to be weak. This is only the beginning of an emerging power seeking to challenge American dominance.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
For a long time now, while the USA has been bombing and invading others to steal their natural resources, China and Russia have been signing trade and exploration deals. Neither are simply going to sit back and see those destroyed and lose the resources they have bought and invested in. Perhaps that is something Billary should consider, or maybe she doesn't care about possible conflict with two major powers, one of whom could, and probably would, crash the US dollar no matter the loss to themselves if it became necessary.

There again, the way the bankers have destroyed the global economy and financial systems (they were always going to fail at some point), perhaps another world war is seen as the only logical conclusion - the big master reset switch that sees those responsible maintain their wealth and positions, while the little guy gets screwed over even more. After all, war is good for business and it's not like they haven't done it before!

But then, when you look at just who and what is behind all of this, the country of Israel and it's Zionist thugs, aided by our own traitorous politicians, you may ask why does such a seemingly small nation seem to wield so much power over us. The simple answer is down to blackmail, propoganda and controlled media. These leeches didn't get kicked from one European country after another down through the centuries for nothing - it was their desire to control and subvert, through finance mainly, that led to their perceived persecution. They do the same today, play the victim all the time while getting others to fight their wars, while they sit back and laugh at the dumg goys killing each other. It's so in your face and obvious, yet people still deny Israel does anything wrong, such is the level of targeted propoganda over the years. Well, if the American people want to support a world war to save Israeli thugs and to enrich the elites, then that is their choice, however misguided it may be, in my humble opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The US government is out of control. They have lost all representation of the people. It's obvious. Yet plenty of Americans are still towing the party line further dividing this country. One thing the Russians and the Chinese have is nationalism and sovereignty which is all but dead in the US. We are divided economically, politiically, socially etc. Hell what does it even mean to be American anymore? Our government sold us out decades ago. Now we as Americans are selling each other out on a daily basis.

I mean the thing that disgusts me as much as my government's lack of representation is the liberal this conservative that..........republican this.......democrat that mantra spewed constantly in our country. It's become a stupid circus. We are so busy fighting each other in this country we can't do anything collectively anymore. But that's exactly how "they" want it. Divide and conquer.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Well said!

While everyone is busy arguing amongst themselves over trivial and meaningless drivel, they are free to act against the best interests of the people and the country without much opposition.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I've never considered myself anything as far as political ideology goes. I'm a huge fan of the writers of the Constitution, founding fathers etc. Thomas Jefferson is one of my heroes and inspirations. But you can't even talk to a fellow American without some ignorant diatribe about liberal this or conservative that. As if those are the only two political systems and choices out there. Personally Ron Paul speaks to me as an American more than anyone. I hardly agree with EVERYTHING the man says. But overall he's the change this country needs. Real change. A real leap in a different direction. Who knows..........maybe if he got into office it would be a disaster......but you know what? At least we could say we actually tried real change for a time being. But instead we are stuck with the same old poltical bickering and dysfunction that has hampered the US for better part of 60 years.

I mean would you EVER hear of another politician talking about dismantling the CIA? LMAO! That's the change AMERICA NEEDS!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Fully agree with the sentiment. Opposite sides of the pond but some things are global in how they are run.

It's kinda funny to see the likes of Palin hijacking the Tea Partiers and sidelining Ron Paul as quickly as possible. I used to think people surely couldn't be so shallow or stupid to not even notice these things, but I have long sinced changed my mind on that score.

All we can do is to keep chipping away at people, trying to point out what is going on and ask them to just stop and think for a minute, use the grey matter they have to analyze what is presented to them. Who knows, maybe enough will realise and start a groundswell big enough to take hold and shatter the current system. Don't hold your breath waiting though!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

These leeches didn't get kicked from one European country after another down through the centuries for nothing - it was their desire to control and subvert, through finance mainly, that led to their perceived persecution. They do the same today, play the victim all the time while getting others to fight their wars, while they sit back and laugh at the dumg goys killing each other

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Chinese firm agrees to develop Iranian gas reserve

China's state energy group CNPC has clinched a deal to develop phase 11 of Iran's South Pars gas project, and beef up its oil and gas operations in the Islamic Republic that holds one of the world's top oil and gas reserves, an industry official told Reuters.

CNPC will start drillings in the gas field as early as March to evaluate the reserves, after its initial overall development plan won Tehran's approval near the end of last year, pushing ahead the mega-project worth $4.7 billion after a preliminary pact was sealed last June.

"The real work will start as soon as after the Chinese New Year holiday," said the official familiar with CNPC's international operations.

Read more: www.calgaryherald.com...

source[ /exnews]

Chinese New year is in four days. It doesn't appear that China has even considered to succumb from US pressure.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is just fear mongering political rhetoric on her part.

The equivalent of her saying to Bill,"Quit messing around or I'll divorce you."

She knows he won't and she also know she won't.

China is in control of the situation and we are not.

They are probably still laughing at her in Beijing.

This country(USA) has loss all of it's influence in the world.

What would she or the Obama administration do if the Chinese gave them the proverbial finger?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Poppy cock.
I watched the video several times to be sure. He is speculating, conjecturing and falsely making erroneous claims. I knew I would have to save the link. Not that I personally disagree with a tougher stance with China.

Hillary Clinton warns China to stay the course on Iran nuclear sanctions

The admonishment from Clinton came on the same day the Pentagon announced more than $6 billion in arms sales to Taiwan, a move certain to infuriate Beijing and add a new complication to the U.S.-Chinese relationship.

Clinton, speaking at a leading French military academy in Paris, said that China and five other leading nations have been united to date in trying to dissuade Iran to halt uranium enrichment that they fear is aimed at acquiring nuclear weaponry know-how.

But now that China is balking at joining the others in a new round of United Nations sanctions, Clinton said, "China will be under a lot of pressure to recognize the destabilizing impact that a nuclear-armed Iran would have in the [Persian] Gulf, from which they receive a significant percentage of their own supplies."

She told an audience of military experts and officers at the Ecole Militaire that "we understand that right now it seems counterproductive to you to sanction a country from which you get so much of the natural resources your growing economy needs."

But she said Beijing "needs to think about the longer-term implications."

Clinton said an Iranian nuclear bomb would produce an arms race and would convince Israel that it faces an "existential threat. . . . All of that is incredibly dangerous."

[edit on 10-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The US asking China to with stand some short term pain , for long term gain

is not going to wash with the Chinese.

Would the US take a 10% cut in its Oil supply ?

NO, they would not.

Just so Israel could feel warm and fuzzy.

Here is the solution , ..

Tell China that the US will make up the shortfall in their lost oil supplies,

of course it would be Short term.

.........................................................................................................

Then tell the US citizens they now have 15 dollar a gallon gas, because we

all love Israel

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If the disgruntled americans and jealous non-americans hope to demoralize further the american masses with their insidious crap, then bring it on and see how far americans will wilt under pressure.

At least in the US, the masses DO have the collective power for change, one step at a time, beginning with oneself, his/her family, relatives, friends and elected representatives. This is US and how the sacred vote will be invoke for change - patient steps and never fail to try each time disappointments occur.

The Chinese masses have no such power. The authoritarian capatalist rules it all. Should ever a conflict occur, it will NOT be US against China, but US against the CCP (communist chinsese party). The CCP consists of est 30million members, each elite running dog selfishly guarding their own interest and toeing the commie line, but never for the 1.3 billion chinese masses.

The purpose of sanctions against Iran is to prevent nuke proliferation. The political frauds who rule Iran today wants that nuke bomb. To have that bomb is to die by the bomb. What the world communities is doing is to save the innocent iranian masses from aquiring that bomb, not hindering them from nuke super-power status, which many other countries that have them are trying to get rid of it.

The CCP had NEVER cared about the masses. Power corrupts and that is all they ever care about - the addictive power to decide the fate of the resiliant chinese people UNCHALLENGED. Similarly, they cant be bothered about the Iranian masses. All the CCP wants is to rob Iranians of their valuable resources in the hands of their mad leaders.

Hilary Clinton had done well to fearlessly remind the illegal govt of China to step up and show more concern. The CCP does not hold all the cards and never will. It has no support of the masses. All it takes is only a few wrong moves and they will be toppled.

Their army may be 2million strong, but compared to the world combined, it is miniscule. Their slave labour economy may be strong, but if increased protectionism and return of tariffs are implemented, their exports will be crippled.

They are not a rich nation, and have absolutely NO right to be striding the world and telling humans what to do, when they have so much to do for their country and fellow countrymen whom are crying out for succour.

All the billions made went into armaments, space, corruption of both internally by their lap dogs and buying of ignorant 3rd world leaders, creating suffering for mankind, not just their own citizens. 20 years after Deng's reforms started, the world waited for democratic enfranchaisment of the chinese people, but it never happened. Only further enchainment.

Seems Hilary Clinton is the only one with the balls around here.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
Then tell the US citizens they now have 15 dollar a gallon gas, because we

all love Israel

Well she did say "it could be dangerous" if they didn't.
Seems like a fair warning.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Iran announcement could be about diverting oil to china or whatever something about oil. If that's the case it would be very interesting to see how the west is going to react. I believe china will still veto any sanction regarding iran. Then we could expect israel attacking iran's facilities. But of course we cannot just assume that china will do nothing about that. Definitely gonna be interesting, and scary.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If indeed Hillary told the Chinese to consider their long term future without oil, it might just force the Chinese to do just that. In fact, the Chinese might get with Russia or other nations and decide to end all the American retarded political behavior in one quick multinational attack on America infrastructure world wide.

By forcing China to think about what to do if the oil gets cut off, just might get them to see that America is currently economically weak and in financial trouble. So weak in fact, that with the assistance of Russia or others, America could be attacked, rendered inept and made to capitulate to the demands of China and Russia or whatever collection of nations gang up against us. If nothing more they could carve up America for themselves and there isn't much we could do except complain about it to no avail.

I would expect that just about every nation except Israel and the UK would be deeply satisfied that someone finally attacked American arrogance and ended all the Imperialistic behavior coming out of American politicians like Hillary Clinton and others within the Obama criminal regime.

While Hillary is just a sock puppet for whomever she speaks for, she still just doesn't get it when it comes to life and death judgment calls. She made have planted the seed that forces China to see that their future oil options are better if indeed America is not a potential threat to anyone's supply of oil.

By forcing the Chinese to deal with the future prospects of oil disruptions they may decide as others already have that America is more of a problem to the world than Iran ever thought of being. Many nations may see that its time for America to shut up and sit down or else get knocked down in a most fatal fashion.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

The CCP had NEVER cared about the masses. Power corrupts and that is all they ever care about - the addictive power to decide the fate of the resiliant chinese people UNCHALLENGED. Similarly, they cant be bothered about the Iranian masses. All the CCP wants is to rob Iranians of their valuable resources in the hands of their mad leaders.

Hilary Clinton had done well to fearlessly remind the illegal govt of China to step up and show more concern. The CCP does not hold all the cards and never will. It has no support of the masses. All it takes is only a few wrong moves and they will be toppled.

I can't link your entire post , too long, not ATS approved.

But this is enough to show that your ENTIRE post was a load of ****.

So the Illegal Iranian gov.

Supported by the Illegal Chinese Gov. Who by the way is Abusing Iran......

Are the source of trouble in the ME.

While the Legal US Gov, supported by the people who have all the choices available to them regarding , Policies and wars, are the Good Guys?

Who are you? Donald Rumsfield!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
To be sure, it seems to be looking like a second cold war front to be heating up here, with the Chinese falling into the position of 'bogeyman' for the US to use as a valid reason for its global hegemony. First it was the Russians, then the terrorist, and the future may see it being the Chinese.

Economically, China is way ahead of the US, but militarily, I would say that the US still retains much superiority, but what the US desperately needs is to be economically equal or ahead, and it is in no position to be so...and this does affect military capability. It is a rude awakening for the American people, and perhaps humbling, to become cognisant of the fact that the US is no longer the only powerful player on the planet. Your downfall will be through economics and not war, you're already sliding into economic oblivion, because like the Soviets during the cold war, you are trying to maintain a position you cannot afford...and the more you try, the more damaging domestically it is for you.

China will not slink away into isolationism, it just has to maintain it's quiet position, nor will it be alone, it will be supported by all countries that see the US as nothing more than a big bully. Whether you like it or not, your politicians have corrupted you into economic disaster, and military ineptness.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire

Economically, China is way ahead of the US, but militarily, I would say that the US still retains much superiority, but what the US desperately needs is to be economically equal or ahead, and it is in no position to be so...and this does affect military capability. It is a rude awakening for the American people, and perhaps humbling, to become cognisant of the fact that the US is no longer the only powerful player on the planet. Your downfall will be through economics and not war, you're already sliding into economic oblivion, because like the Soviets during the cold war, you are trying to maintain a position you cannot afford...and the more you try, the more damaging domestically it is for you.

Here is an interesting perspective.

Enjoy.

U.S.-China Friction: Why Neither Side Can Afford a Split

But while many Chinese take delight in America's plight and would like to end the close embrace that has brought China such prosperity over the past two decades, they are falling prey to delusions of grandeur. The fact remains that as much as China may want to go it alone, it cannot. (See pictures of the global financial crisis.)

To begin with, it holds more than $1 trillion in U.S. assets, mainly in U.S. Treasuries. No other country or entity in the world could absorb those assets if China wanted to sell them, and with China's currency value pegged to the dollar, any massive sale would lead to a steep decline in the Chinese currency and economy. China's holding of U.S. debt is leverage only in a theoretical world where it could dump its U.S. assets or stop buying more. What's more, even a hobbled America is the world's largest economy and the most significant market for Chinese goods. In 2009, a supposedly bad year, Chinese exports to the U.S. were approximately $300 billion, about the same as in 2007. That is a vast source of income for China — and one that no other part of the world can provide.

The U.S., meanwhile, has been a source of billions of dollars in direct investment in China, from thousands of American companies big and small. While it's true that China doesn't need any one of these companies as much as each one needs China, China needs all of them and depends on them for everything from brand-name goods to know-how and capital. Beijing can't just snap its fingers and go it alone; its domestic economy is far too entwined with that of the U.S., its companies, its capital and its consumers.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
((snip))

By forcing China to think about what to do if the oil gets cut off, just might get them to see that America is currently economically weak and in financial trouble. So weak in fact, that with the assistance of Russia or others, America could be attacked, rendered inept and made to capitulate to the demands of China and Russia or whatever collection of nations gang up against us. If nothing more they could carve up America for themselves and there isn't much we could do except complain about it to no avail.

((snip))

I was thinking the same thing... china, iran, venezuela, russia and (some of) the 118 nations that back irans nuclear ambitions might just decide to amputate, rather than treat the US elite cancer. Nations rallying to smack down a war mongering violent bully is history repeating, only the names have changed.. even the propaganda is the same.

I'll be cheering the oligarchs international beat down however it happens.

Speaking of china retaliating.. chinese & iranian SAMs and other goodies of death have already been used by the taliban to blow dozens of NATO choppers out of the air, and dozens of troops off the earth.. something tells me we'll be seeing a-lot more of that...

If the US can sell arms to taiwan, china can sell to iran... how do you say "what goes around comes around, bitches" in chinese? china teamed up with the russians & iranians could keep the taliban armed with all manner of nastiness to bleed the US military for years.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend... something the US elite have fewer of every day.. even the US populace pretty much thinks they suck.

www.ctv.ca...
Earlier this month, an unidentified senior Afghan official acknowledged the problem to the BBC, saying: "Chinese HN-5 anti-aircraft missiles are with the Taliban, we know this... and we are worried where the Taliban gets them. Some of these weapons have been made recently in Chinese factories."

deathby1000papercuts.com...
U.S. Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte says Washington has complained to Beijing about Chinese weapons shipments to Iran that appear to be turning up in the hands of Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. Negroponte confirmed the U.S. concerns over China’s weapons deals with Tehran after a 10-ton weapons cache was discovered in the western Afghan province of Herat. The cache found in Ghurian district, near the border with Iran, included artillery shells, land mines, and rocket-propelled grenade launchers with Chinese, Russian, and Persian markings on them. Britain’s Foreign Office has also confirmed that it has complained to Beijing about Chinese-made HN-5 antiaircraft missiles confiscated from Taliban fighters who were captured or killed by British Royal Marines in Helmand Province. Beijing has said that it would investigate allegations that the weapons were forwarded to the Taliban through Iran.

More articles here:
www.scribd.com...

top topics

join