It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Intelligence is a Health Risk...DUH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Low Intelligence Among Top Heart Health Risks

Low Intelligence Among Top Heart Health Risks

Intelligence comes second only to smoking as a predictor of heart disease, scientists said on Wednesday, suggesting public health campaigns may need to be designed for people with lower IQs if they are to work.

Research by Britain's Medical Research Council (MRC) found that lower intelligence quotient (IQ) scores were associated with higher rates of heart disease and death, and were more important indicators than any other risk factors except smoking.

That's pretty profound. Don't you think?

I'm kind of torn between raising a tirade against tobacco or making jokes about all the morons on ATS who are going to die of a heart attack because they are so stupid.

Which is Justice!

— Doc Velocity

EDIT:
(Just so you know, I'm the first and foremost imbecile on ATS, by my own admission.)

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
[edit on 10-2-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Is this # for real???
What if you're stupid and a smoker?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
low intelligence is not a health risk, its all got to to with your genes and how well you are educated, i think that it is probably someone with low intelegence that wrote the article to make themselves feel better

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All this is saying is that low intelligence is associated with heart disease. Probably because heart disease is also prevalent in low-income families as well, suggesting that they're also uneducated and, therfore, unintelligent.

Nothing new here....move along.

-Dev

top topics

join