It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think one of our very own members (Tell No One or Intrepid, I think?) has it right, with the Jersey Devil being a misidentified Hammerhead Bat. Compare the pic to the traditional drawing...(especially the head)...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73e9588b78c0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b32c2a5c6d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Inserted images

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Does the Hammerhead bat live in the Pine Barrens area?

The head does look similar to the picture of the Jersey Devil.

One thing about the Jersey Devil is the footprints it leaves behind. The prints appeared on rooftops and lots of other areas, they would disappear in areas with no oter footprints around, as if whatever was making them just took off. Im not sure if the Hammerhead bat could account for these.

Cheers
edit on 17-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Looks like a duck?it could be anything,I used to watch that show until I saw how overly dramatic it became.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

First of all my friend, ducks and geese do not hover. My wife and I watched that Paranormal State episode earlier this year, and having heard of the Jersey Devil for years, were amazed that it was finally caught on tape. It appeared to be very close to the descriptions and drawings by those who had first hand experience with a creature of which there has been many reports over the years since white folk first came across the Jersey Badlands. As with clear, sharp photos of ufo's, my first thought was surely this video is too good to be true, but then again it was only a matter of time before someone on a search for it finally succeeded, and I've no doubt someone will have the same success with Sasquatch. I find myself sitting on a fence regarding the Patterson film, but with today's digital video cams I don't think it will be much longer before a respected research team comes out of the bush with some excellent footage of the creature. I can't imagine the Paranormal State team or their producers doing something as stupid as perpetrating a hoax of this magnitude on their viewers and fans. It's difficult enough to build a solid reputation in the Paranormal and Cryptozoolgy fields, and to try fooling people with a phony video of the Jersey Devil, would in very short notice, put an end to Paranormal State and what I'm sure are the well paid salaries of those involved with the tv show.
If you're ever out in the wilds and come across a hovering duck or a goose flying backward, please, please post it on ATS, and I'll do the same the next time I come across a honking hummingbird, or hovering goose. All the best, mate!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Terribly sorry to burst the bubble with everyone else,

But this is a blob on a blue screen, not a photo of a dragon. Video of flapping wings would have been better.

I so want these things to be real, and they may very well be in some form or other, but this photo is not proof enough for me, perhaps the expects can divine something from it that would make me think otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Very similar indeed,

Is it possible that a genetic mutation of the bat could have fostered a very large bloodline to create the myth?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I've seen the show, and in the video you can see the creature hovering near treetop, with wings flapping.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I've seen the show, and in the video you can see the creature hovering near treetop, with wings flapping.

Is there anyone who lives in the area with night vision cameras?

Perhaps its worth a little ATS nighttime investigation

I'd love for this to be true.

-G

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's an amazing likeness to the drawing of the Jersey Devil, and what Paranormal State filmed in infra-red. With its 3 ft. wingspan the bat is huge. Since the Hammerhead Bat is native to Africa, I'm not sure if one would survive if released in the Pine Barrens, not only because of climate, but also with the bat being a fruit eater and most likely needs a particular kind of fruit. You've got me scratching my arse over this one! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
IIRC the hammerhead bat was named as a culprit by some scientist on the "MonsterQuest" episode devoted to the Devil. My memory is hella dodgy on this but I think it had something to do with the goods that were imported from Africa as a means of the critter getting here. while that makes for a great origin it does not explain how a creature used to the climate would continue to survive in Jersey. I always thought the Devil was a mixture of misidentified sighting of crans and bigfoot. Then again I have no prrof on bigfoot besides a carefefully incubated 34 year old desire to believe it's real so who nows.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I looked at this a while back, actually 10 or 15 times.
I believe The Jersey Devil is out there and breeding.
IMO this footage is a Doe in front of another Doe.
When they move to their left and walk away, they moved together.

Look at the still in the OP. Look at the contrast between the two.
The deer in front of the other one is munching on leaves, the other one is eating from the ground.
Here is a star and a flag because they do exist.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Tribble because: S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Out of curiosity why are you so sure these creatures exist and in such abundance as to have a breeding population? Apologies as I, in now way, mean for this to be a facetious question at all. I am just wondering if you have had a personal experience with this crtter that has convinced you of their existence an their existence in fair numbers?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Does the Hammerhead bat live in the Pine Barrens area?

Doesn't have to be native, just had to be brought there once upon a time. There are many non-native animals (think of the Snakehead fish) that are foreign, but then thrive when introduced. However, it is unknown how this creature would survive a NJ winter. Perhaps it is a mutation or aberration. After all, the story does go back a while....

As for the footprints, that could easily be a completely different phenomenon, unrelated to the Jersey Devil, for all we know (same thing occurred in some hamlets of England as well actually). Google on "Devil's Footprints" for some examples.

I think the footage in the OP is likely just a common fowl of the area, a bird, not the Jersey Devil. These shows just love to sensationalize the mundane things they find.

Very similar indeed,

Is it possible that a genetic mutation of the bat could have fostered a very large bloodline to create the myth?

The bat is pretty large, has about a 3 to 4 foot wingspan if I recall correctly.

edit on 19-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminotreal

I imagine it would take more than one creature to breed and keep the species alive for hundreds of years.
I have not seen one as I have never been to the East coast.
I base their existence more on the 100s of sightings than what little evidence is available.

There is no proof of the Thunderbird, but I saw one 30 yards away. Wingspan 18 to 22 feet.
There is no proof of Bigfoot either, but I saw one eye to eye 10 feet away.
Those are my reasons why I believe the Jersey Devil is real.

If I had not see those two creatures that close, right now I would be posting in the political threads lol

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumspiral1919
Let me finish that thought... you saw this on TELEVISION, television is the strongest propaganda force known to human kind

These days?
It's right up there with the internet.
Soooo....

- Lee

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Wow, that is such a cute bat!
Can't believe I've never see that one before.

If these guys thought they had the JD on cam, why did they just sit there?

This is just a regular "non mythical" animal.

- Lee

edit on 19-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't know much about the Jersey Devil and am kind of inclined to believe that it could really easily be something else.

No matter what it is, it's creepy as anything....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16ec5bb54dde.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-2-2010 by jibeho]

Uncle Steve?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I find your comment curious. As I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, let me first say I respect that this is what you believe, and defend your right to express these views. I , however, also believe that debate is healthy and challenging someone's comments can strengthen a well thought out point of view, OR, cause an opinion based on emotion or feelings, rather than facts, to fall apart!

Having said that, I first would like to know why you think

-" It seems to be a show where a bunch of kids run around playing make believe and use archaic chants and methods of the "occult" to enhance the idea that they are "spiritual warriors."

They are all University students and though young, neither are hardly "kids", nor do they act like kids. I don't see how they are perceived as being "make believe" Do you believe Ryan and his team are not at all interested in helping the people they are working with? If you knew anything of the folks who make up the PRS team and why they got involved with it in the first place, I don't think you could totally discredit their motivation, which is what you suggest.
As far as using Archaic Chants goes, Ryan is Catholic, and therefore would naturally turn to his own philosophy to deal with, for instance, a demon. Why would he run out and find a Rabi, or Cleric? Makes no sense. So the Catholic priest comes over to exorcise a demon from a house or person. The Rituals used by the Church are as old as the church itself. Until recently, most rituals in Catholicism used Latin. This is part tradition, part ritual. Either way, when Ryan or priests are attempting to rid an evil entity, it often comes off sounding, to the unknowing, occult like. Other "guests" PRS invite along for their special insight, bring their own spiritual influences and rituals to the mix. Again, RITES of their particular spiritual leanings are often ritualistic in nature.

You also question their sincerity when Ryan calls them "spiritual warriors". If what they do is fight spirits and entities that are tormenting a family, a person, a house, whatever, and they ,I think , are honest in their quest to help other's in an attempt to make sense of their own experiences, Aren't they Warriors? If so, why would they need to do anything to "enhance" their image?

You then Write" A real spiritual warrior won't advertise themselves or put make up on for a camera to do battle with the ethereal realm. As a matter of fact, this is the antithesis to the reality of the spiritual world."

I'm unaware of any list of behavioural traits that define or authenticate whether or not someone is a Spiritual Warrior. If there is a handbook of what a spiritual warrior should or shouldn't be, I've yet to find it. And I have looked. Just because something doesn't fit your vision of what you believe it should look like, doesn't mean it isn't so. When I think of a Knight, for instance, I immediately see images of steel clad warriors on, horseback, wielding a sword or some other sinister device, at a dragon or a knight from an opposing army, blood, gore and metal clashing against metal. In reality, knights also play the piano (Sir Elton John), or act in cinema (Sir Anthony Hopkins) or whoever. Are these men not real knights? Of course they are, even if only by definition, but yes all the same.
How could you possibly know if something is the "antithesis to the reality of the spiritual world”? You even say it is a matter of Fact! Pretty strong language. Do you have some special portal into the spiritual world that would allow you such knowledge and understanding of the complexities of that realm that you can make such fantastic claims as" the collective behaviour of the PRS group is 180 degrees round from the reality of the way spiritual warriors would behave"? If so I will pay you all I own to be allowed to cross through that portal and see for myself! PLEASE SHOW IT TO ME!!! That’s the Holy Grail then isn't it?

Look, I was going to carry on, but I think you get my point. Have you ever met Ryan Buell or any of his team members? Have you read his book? Have you discussed his mission with him? If not I don't think you should be making statements about PRS and its members without knowing ANYTHING about them. Go ahead and believe what you want and write what you want. I still think that's your right. I don't know Ryan or the members of PRS personally myself either. For all I know it all might be a big gimmick and a scam for television. Personally I don't think it's a scam, and I don't think Ryan Buell would do anything to mislead someone on purpose. I have very solid reasons for believing that, but regardless of what I believe about that I don't think you should write defamatory comments about someone without good evidence of your claims. Weather or not you believe what PRS represent, doesn't give you the right to make baseless statements about them. If you have the evidence, let's see, otherwise, let it be.

Cheers,
FreeCanadianGuy

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

...well they shape does match, I'm gonna say that's possible that it's the Jersey Devil

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join