It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumspiral1919

couldn't agree more.

obviously, shows like this are a pleasant diversion and denial of our current

sad state of affairs.

enjoy it while we can - and before we can't anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

You could see by it's movements that it was deer, but they were convinced it had wings. Bill, the UFO hunter always jumps to ridiculous conclusions. I'm embarrassed for the guy. He also said it exhibited signs of being intelligent and 'predatory'. That's ultra-ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It looks like, and is more likely to be a duck or goose. IMHO, it's hardly conclusive. You know what they say about something being too good to be true.

IRM

Wont the thermal image be yellow or orange for warm blooded animals? Why is this blue?? If its a duck or goose I would think it would show orange color in a thermal image.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Oh that's right... lol.. I forgot about the "predator" comment. They would have been better off hiring a hunting guide to give expert opinions.

I used to enjoy PRS but letely it's become a joke. Ryan seems like an ego-maniac and his team seems a little bit under educated.

The funny thing is that I am willing to consider the possibilty of an unknown creature known as the Jersey Devil but shows like this only serve to discredit legitimate sightings...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
is there any other picture though that is not thermal? i want to believe it is just as bad as the next person but from thermal it would just be a regulat bird.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As a side note to the Jersey Devil, Monsterquest is airing an episode about the Mothman tonight on the History Channel. Urban folklore at its finest.

In my neck of the woods we have the MelonHeads.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I can see how many people people keep saying "duck" or "deer"

I thought about those possibilities too, but why is its neck so long?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

I can see how many people people keep saying "duck" or "deer"

I thought about those possibilities too, but why is its neck so long?

I see White tailed deer in my backyard nearly everyday (hunger has made them bolder then usual this winter) and they have quite long necks. Also see the pic of the Merganser I posted with its neck outstretched. There is plenty of natural fauna in the pine barrens to attribute this image to without going the Jersey Devil route.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Paranomal State has been exposed faking things on the show. If you read this article, how can anyone take anything from this show as remotely real?

www.ghosttheory.com...

Kelli states: “This entity frightened the PRS team and terrified Chip Coffey who refused to deal with it. Chip had me deal with it and hid in a chair in my living room. You can see me in the hallway in the show, but they pieced together dialogue to make it appear I was evicting our ghost, Bill Wells. The PRS crew ‘faked’ cold spots in our home. They explained to us that they were using a six-pack of beer to attract Bill and draw him out so they could photograph him. I thought it seemed ridiculous and said as much to the producer, Sumit David, who explained to us, ‘I really just think it’s about young college kids getting a hold of a six pack…’ After the episode was aired, I realized the ‘Cold Spot’ Ryan and Chip were ‘discovering’ in our guest room was one of the Budweiser cans! If you are forewarned you can actually see that it is a can of beer on the monitor which appears to be a glowing red orb. I did save these beer cans with their fingerprints in the event they wish to deny their actions.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
that is a really convincing picture. and its from a credible source, although to me it could also be a deer that maybe has some foliage behind it, but a very interesting find nonetheless, i think its funny that somehow every mythical creature somehow seems to elude us, and we never get any solid proof that they exist

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ryan has been caught faking evidence and lying. That image looked a lot like a deer. The sounds on tape sounded like a bear and an elk bugling. All I saw was the group reacing for evidence. I saw nothing that proves the creatures existence and with PRS's lack of credibility they need to have airtight evidence. All they had was a deer with perhaps another deer standing behind it on FLIR.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You know what, i looked into Dulce Base Camp, and all the supposed crazy stuff they get up to there. It's known to have mutilated animals such as horses and boars around Dulce.

What would not suprise me in the least is if that this "half horse - half terrordactyl" was man made. Apparently the level 8 of Dulce, or the ground level, deep underground is nicknamed "nightmare halls".

just a thought. On the other hand, it could just be a stray goose which got sprayed with illuminous liquid.

UA

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by Anamnesis

Bill, the UFO hunter always jumps to ridiculous conclusions. I'm embarrassed for the guy.

Oh, don't feel too badly for him for he is being paid by the truckload to jump to said rediculous conclusions. I doubt he actally believes that it was the Jersay Devil, but hes got to make the show entertaining, and does a good job.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sorry but this is bunk. What have they done? Somebody set something up that looks like that on their equipment, whatever that is.
It's a "Shark with a frickin' laser beam attached to his head" as best as I can tell. The Pine Barrens have been inhabited at various times throughout history. Hysterical simpletons have been afraid of the dark at various times (and who isn't?) and made up wives tales. By the way there are turkey vultures in New Jersey. We've had them in our back yard. They have roughly the shape of this devil and the description could be expanded upon by simple superstitious colonials over time. Then these modern day goofballs, acting like The Lone Gunmen on the X-Files, get a cable series based on wives tales and half truths thrown in to lead you on. It is entertainment. No poop, nests, footprints, dead beasties or anything resembling real evidence. I know, I know. Sasquatch messed with the evidence. But don't fret, the goofballs will have someone out there with a couple of goat hooves for next week's show.

I'm snowed in today so I had time to kill and you sucked me in to spout off. Nice job!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I saw the episode this morning at 2ish. What struck me as odd was the fact that these investigators got a distant TIC recording and then decided they had enough to say it was interesting but inconclusive.... They ceased their investigation on two occasions. once when Ryan saw something run across their path, the camera saw nothing so instead of trying to stalk a very obvious movement in a particular direction, they carried on in the direction they had set out in. The second instance is the obvious halt to the investigation after the Tic caught their pray. They made no attempt to approach or track the beast (deer)(goose) or whatever it was. Better to be dramatic then get to the truth eh!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Huh why did this double post?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by palg1]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Point taken but a whip or will is only like an inch long which doesn't fit the image of what was captured here.. And additionally for that matter, any bird would awaken if it was startled.

There are also nightingales....for example.

Most birds are not nocturnal was my point Versus that of a duck or a goose as some here had described.

An owl IS a nocturnal predator and it does hunt for rodents at night. Which might potentially explain what this thing could be as far as birds are concerned, even though it doesn't fit the image captured on the FLIR.

I still think that it might have been the infamous Jersey Devil.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Y'know, every time I went into, or through, Jersey I had my eyes peeled looking for any trace of that thing.
Outstanding find.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Convincing? Please. A duck? no. Wings? Those aren't wings, that is a deer with a branch or some other environmental object covering up a piece of the body, kinda makes it look like a wing.

It's a deer, ladies and gentleman. That's it. Nothing on television in relation to the paranormal or cryptozoology is the least bit credible. They spend millons of dollars on some of these shows and they pay a fair amount to the people who are there to make things happen that would lead the viewer to believe something paranormal is happening.
Television HAS to be entertaining. If they don't get ratings, they lose money. What are the chances that every paranormal show is going to see anything close to entertaining when they go out to film their show? Plenty of normal people who really want to see something go to these sights and witness nothing. When was the last time you saw a paranormal show where NOTHING happened? You haven't, it's television. The fact that some of you believe this stuff is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If it indeed was more than one creature we'd see the signature of the legs at least behind it as well..

Deer would glow red, and also are found in small herds.

Looking at the color of the IR signature which wasn't red as the investigators were captured on camera, or whatever that was captured sitting in the tree, which both of which indicating something warm, but in this image was more of a green and blue color, relatively cool makes me think that this could even be under the genre of a cold blooded reptilian like creature. Reptiles aquire their body heat from external sources and hence the term cold blooded.

Definitely interesting. I take it for what it is. Its an IR signature that doesn't fit the profile of most animals in the area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join