It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I believe this image is not the Jersey Devil. Its is in my opinion TWO Deers.

There is one in the foreground, and then when what appears to be wings rising is in fact another Deer behind and further back from the first one facing the opposite way, and grazing with its head down so that it appears more hazy. No mystery here just wild animals going about there normal routine in familiar poses.

This programme about the Jersey Devil troubled me because the team were treating it as though it could be a real animal living in the area, and it is more likely to be a Paranormal incident IF it exists at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
WOW that is some pretty interesting footage here. It looks almost dead on with the drawings that are provided for it. Maybe they indeed have caught something of note. Maybe they should try to trap it and study it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It looks like Spyro the Dragon...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

You KNOW it exists? That's some big confidence you got there. Can I have some? That blurry image (Because all these kinds of pictures of "Evidence" is blurry) looks like a bird. That's it. You really believe in a bird with horns running around in the forest? Why not just go after Unicorns while your at it. I hear they're only seen around Sasquatch lol But seriously, who really even cares about such a blurry, badly shot image of some sort of bird? I could replicate that at night any day of the week. This is a hoax done by the show for ratings. They knew what they were filming.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
To believe in the Jersey Devil is to believe in the ridiculous back story of how the "creature" came to be. And that's just way too far fetched. Not to mention...that show isn't all that credible in the paranormal field.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Looks like a Christmas Goose to me... running for it's life.

edit on 31-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

As far as the bird hypothesis, besides owls, birds aren't nocturnal.

Even birds who are NOT nocturnal will fly away when disturbed at night. I see it constantly when I am walking my dog at 2 AM.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It was well over a year ago when I watched the episode of Paranormal State, in which the Jersey Devil was featured. I've never seen ducks or geese hover as this thing did, and if it turns out to be a hoax I wouldn't be at all surprised. I stopped watching Paranormal State after this episode was aired because I personally believed it to be a hoax. The crew could have filmed a species of fruit bat that lives in Africa, and looks almost identical to many of the drawings of the Jersey Devil.
If there was such a creature as the Jersey Devil, one of the world's best trackers and wilderness survival experts who grew up in the Pine Barrens has a school there, and I'm sure he would have found it a long time ago.
On the other hand, maybe he has found it, but won't disclose the information.
As far as I'm concerned, Paranormal State is a more of a show about Ryan Buell, the egotistical host, and who knows just how far someone like him would go for high viewer ratings.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Awesome! Glad you agree! My personal take on cryptids like the Jersey Devil and the Mothman, etc, are that they are subterranean creatures that live in cave systems, that have access to hollow earth or they are interdimensional creatures that have the ability to come and go as they please. While they may be genetic experiments, considering that these legends go back hundreds of years, its hard to lay blame on the government or aliens
You have hit the nail on the head...I know that we are almost totally clueless about whats living below us deep underground,we are unable to even get there...

Aliens may be depositing these cryptids into our reality,creatures from another planet and or from another dimension to test our reactions to them and theirs to ours and to test how they are effected by our enviornment...
edit on 31-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Heres a link to what is probably the best on-line site there is about the jersey devil and it contains a wealth of personal sightings and multiple witness encounter stories such as this one > "In the fall of 1984 woodcutters walk off a job in Chatsworth,claiming that the devil was lurking in the woods and his screams were so loud they could hear them above the chainsaws" > thedragonkeep.tripod.com...
edit on 31-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I live in MD, but I have been to the NJ Pine Barrens many times. We have similar wildlife in NJ & MD. In both places, I have not seen ANYTHING like that. I've seen hundreds of bird species (I'm an outdoorsman) and I haven't seen a bird that fits into the image.

The birds people suggest are slightly similar, but you know if you see a bird, or something completley different.

That picture (while not convincing enough to be hard proof of the NJ Devil) is definitley something weird.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think one of our very own members (Tell No One or Intrepid, I think?) has it right, with the Jersey Devil being a misidentified Hammerhead Bat. Compare the pic to the traditional drawing...(especially the head)...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73e9588b78c0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b32c2a5c6d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Inserted images
i have to say the resemblance is uncanny! and what an ugly creature,unfortunately the hammerhead bat is only found in central and central western africa,a hammerhead bat in new jersey would'nt be able to survive for very long at all,especially in the winter...Hammerhead bat link > en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe a long time ago someone brought a real living hammerhead bat home with them to new jersey on a sailing ship and perhaps the bat got loose in the summertime and thats how the jersey devil story got started?...Thats is possible...
edit on 5-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am definitely a skeptic of these shows. Paranormal State, Destination Truth, Ghost Adventures...
It seems ridiculous to me that people would report an instance of something maybe once or twice a year, and yet these people go there with their crews for a few hours and they miraculously catch the "evidence" that local people have never been able to capture over decades? Please!

They either have EXCELLENT timing (and I mean miraculous), or they exaggerate/amplify/dramatize/fake the things they find for their shows.

That's why I watch any show like this with suspicion. I see it as entertainment and not proof of anything. Unless I were there to actually see it, or there is some form of scientifically documented evidence, I'm always going to assume that it's a fake, an exaggeration or simply their imagination.

When it comes to ghosts (and with the exception of Ghost Hunters who have pretty much been exposed as drama queens and fakes) I can give them a little more credit because the reports of instances can be regular and consistent. You really could go to a haunted location at night and see/hear something. But even then I'm still suspicious of the evidence they find.

To me, this thing could be anything. It could be mis-identification, but more likely it's faked judging by all their "highly scientific" mumbo-jumbo they incorporate into their episodes. That totally discredits them IMO.
edit on 5-1-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I would love to see real footage of the Jersey Devil... it has always been a fave cryptid of mine, but when it comes to Paranormal State... even if they had close up, HD footage of a Jersey Devil walking up, in broad daylight and slapping one of those annoying "investigators" in the face, I still wouldn't believe it simply because I think that show is the biggest fraud out of all paranormal shows... and I don't have very high opinions of ANY of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I do like those kinds of shows,i'd rather watch a poorly made paranormal show than none at all,but one example of what i dont like about them is how they go to a supposed haunted house and they spend only "one night" there and than leave with no evidence whatsoever 95% of the time.If a house is haunted,the chances of taping or filming something strange that just happens to show up during the "one night" they are there is rather slim,they should,if they could,spend at least a solid week there not just one night and edit the results together into a longer show...I think ufo hunters is one of the better made shows as far as those kinds of shows go...

edit on 5-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think it looks like a deer with a broken branch in front of it.

I find it hard to believe that this is an image of Satan's Shetland Pony.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Kinda looks like the baby dragon/donkey halfbreeds from the Shrek movies.
Kinda cute .. not spooky.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you or anyone else was walking through those woods in new jersey all alone at twilight and this winged devil thing suddenly descended from a tree and hovered in front of you flapping its wings while growling with bared fangs,i think its cuteness would vanish rather quickly...

edit on 10-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
im a shape shifter ill telepathics ask for the body and change form .this is for all shape shifters to appear as a dragon or something deadlier

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Very Odd Looking Heat Signature indeed...Not sure what else it could be.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join