It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does disaster in Haiti = Landfall for Big Pharma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

And while the half-million people jammed into germ-breeding makeshift camps have so far been spared a contagious-disease outbreak, health officials fear epidemics. They are rushing to vaccinate 530,000 children against measles, diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough.

Yahoo News - Health crisis in Haiti enters a deadly new phase

[edit on 10-2-2010 by TXRabbit]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
(MODs please move this to a more appropriate forum if necessary)

just came across this news clip via Yahoo and the thing that struck me is what a push is on to give drugs to over half a million children??

This also got me wondering - are our donations going to the companies that make these drugs in any way? SOMEbody has to pay for this medicine, don't they?

I remember a thread not too long ago listing the board members of the Red Cross. I'll be interested in seeing if any of them are tied to the companies that make these vaccines.

Don't get me wrong though - urgent innoculations are necessary where needed. Wouldn't food/shelter/services be of greater concern though?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Post removed by Maybe...maybe not

Sorry TXRabbit

I did not read your post carefully enough, so my reply was wide of the mark.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
All of these vaccinations will serve no purpose the longer these people go without dry shelter, I believe it was stated that at least an additional 100-200 thousands of tents are needed, and even what's availible isn't adequate to stand up to the weather.

I wonder how many of these children will find themselves infertile a decade or two down the road, because the message of Haiti being overpopulated was being pushed by the media ever since the disaster...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I've read or seen somewhere that an estimated 90% of all medicines are prescribed to counter the side-effects of other medicines currently prescribed to the patient.

I wonder what other kinds of "vitamin shots" are being used down there...

new topics

top topics

join