It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris Has Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

"Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris Has Died

hollywoodinsider.ew.com

Discovery announced tonight that Captain Phil Harris, known to fans of Deadliest Catch as captain of the crab fishing vessel Cornelia Maria, has died. He suffered a stroke late last month while in port off-loading at St. Paul Island in Alaska. “He was more than someone on our TV screen,” according to the network, which has documented the Cornelia Marie’s adventures on the Bering Sea for five seasons on the Emmy-winning series. “Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tmz.com

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, everyone knew Phil had a catastrophic circulatory condition, and it was just a matter of time before he pushed it to its limit. Which he apparently did.

Phil died a little over an hour ago in Alaska. I'm not sure if he died crabbing, but that would be fitting.

God rest yer soul, Cap. You were a seaman until the end and that's how you'll be remembered.

— Doc Velocity

hollywoodinsider.ew.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh no! :shk:

I like the show and i liked him. RIP Phil.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Oh, no! He's my favorite!

I've been waiting for a new season...so bad... I'm torn!

RIP Captain Phil

I can't believe this!

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Givenmay]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh no! His kids must be devastated!

He was a bad ass to the end! A tough life, I am sure that death probably had a hard time taking him.

RIP Captain!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I like that show as well. Just put the word ocean in it and I'm there man.

I wonder how many years he had tyed up in that ?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
As a fisherman myself, and as a raconteur and roustabout of some little presence, I can appreciate what Phil Harris left behind for his family. The guy pushed his luck and he pushed it well, and he profited, and he's still a sandy old fart.

Phil was a good guy, no denying that.

And he left a material legacy, for sure. His family will receive residuals on "Deadliest Catch" into perpetuity. Good enuff, old man.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was very sad to read about this

RIP Capt Phil, you will be missed.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another Discovery channel star dies. I truly believe there is a curse hanging over the heads of all the stars of The Discovery Channel.

RIP Capt. Harris

Thread

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

He was on the show called the deadliest catch. It is about the risks of being a fisherman, chances are pretty good people are gonna die.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No matter how death came to him, Phil seemed to be the kinda man who would take it ..... eyes open, ready, and not affraid.

one tough sob.

May he fish again, in a different way.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just watched Captain Phils last show ..cried a lot . peace be with you Captain. hope to shake your hand in the next life.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I was about to hunt for this thread again!
I watched the last couple episodes tonight!
It saddened me to bits, and cried like a baby so many times seeing all of it, poor Captain Phil...Bless him, he is missed!

new topics

top topics

join