It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Revolution Devoured By Its Own Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well with all the recent back and forth rhetoric and the upcoming [Telling Blow] expected tomorrow. I thought I would post this very insightful perspective. I know some will simply say it's propaganda. [It may be] but it does give one food for thought. Also I've linked to another Article about a planned Protest tomorrow.

Yes tomorrow will be a very interesting day.
The young people born into this clerical dictatorship are on an irrevocable path to democracy and freedom.

Try to have a good night!

Iran's Revolution Devoured By Its Own Children

"We were born during the war with Iraq, when there was not enough milk powder for us as babies; when we finished high school, the Basij, the regime's paramilitary thugs, received preferential admission to the universities; when we graduated there were no jobs for us in this ruined economy and when we fall in love, we are not even allowed to hold each other's hands in public."

This is how young Iranians born into the country's clerical dictatorship tend to recount their bitter lives. Without ever having experienced what freedom in all its facets means, the world somehow expected these young people would silently continue their suffering under this regime for the rest of their lives. Some of those so-called Iran experts actually claimed up until last summer that the Iranian people are supposedly tired of revolutions. How wrong they were.

At the dawn of tomorrow's anniversary of the fall of the Shah, another Iranian revolution is simmering. It's not too early to call this freedom movement a revolution. It combines all characteristics of a revolutionary process and its goal is nothing less than freedom and democracy for this Middle Eastern country.

IRAN: Opposition and hard-liners get ready for 22 Bahman confrontations

Iran's hard-line government and the green-themed opposition are gearing up for another confrontation Thursday, this time on the 22nd day of the Persian calendar month of Bahman, the 31st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

This weekend the Coordinating Council of Reform Front, a coalition that brings together 17 moderate political groups, called on supporters to head to the streets Thursday, traditionally a time of pro-government rallies.

"We’ll come on 22 Bahman to show that the green movement is intertwined with national and religious values and it insists on its rightful demands stipulated in the constitution," said a notice in Persian posted to several websites.

"We’ll come to make our voices heard by our comrades, friends, rivals and enemies -- to tell them that the green movement is independent, and it will spare no efforts to revive and protect the values, implement the law, ensure liberty for the nation and save the society. ... We’ll call for return to ideals and principles instead of jail, violence and confrontation with the nation."

[edit on 9-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Interesting indeed...

So, on the anniversary of a day that All Iranians hold sacred, $hits gonna hit the fan.

Martyrdom never seemed so ripe...yet, revolution never seemed so necessary.

I can only hope a new paradigm is born in Iran, and an example for the West plays out.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So What Is Iran Planning for Thursday?

Isreal, US and other ME states like Syria, Lebanon and the Palistinians have prepared for the worst. Any Iranian attack with missiles is well anticipated and therefore unlikely.

Will Iran test their first nuclear devise out in some desert, below ground? A sort of thumb your nose at the rest of the world?

Or more likely as you suggest, Slayer, the Clerical Regime will deal a hammering crack down on the Green Movement the Regime considers to be Foreign but which in fact is largely a domestic resistance movement.

He’s totally obsessed with bringing an end to the protests, and the nightly chants of “Death to the Dictator” that haunt him so. In the last few days he’s been telephoning opposition journalists and intellectuals, telling them to give it up, and the preparations for the crackdown have gone so far as to replace the traditional plastic garbage cans in Tehran — in which demonstrators have been setting fires to combat tear gas — with metal ones.

The world really doesn't need this and looks on with disgust at Ali Khamenei's threats and his inability to deal with domestic issues in a non violent way!

[edit on 10/2/10 by plumranch]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
From the second source:

Supporters of the opposition have issued a list of suggestions about what protesters should bring, wear and do Thursday.

I suggest everyone go to that FB link and check it out (if you have an account that you can sign into) ... Here's but just a taste...

6) The thugs will probably be transported by bus to Azadi square the night before and will spend the night in bases around Azadi. As such they will be tired, worried and on edge. The longer the protests last, the more on edge and tired they will become!

7) We must make it as difficult as possible for Ahmadinejad to give a speech on the main podium. They will probably try to bring him in the early hours to the areas around the podium (e.g the airport or buildings in the square). If they begin to promote his arrival (by distributing Sandis juice and chanting slogans in his support), creating disturbances around the square and affecting Ahmadinejad's psychological preparation for his speech should be our FIRST priority. This will be the main priority of the Ekbatan colleagues and those who are arriving to the square via special streets.

8) The thugs will be covering the area around the podium from the very early hours. The longer and more unsuccessful the ceremony becomes the harder it will be for them to control the area. Our goal is to try to create enough disturbances that prolong the ceremony and lead to the potential canceling of his speech (now that would be a victory!)

[edit on 10-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Interesting indeed...
So, on the anniversary of a day that All Iranians hold sacred, $hits gonna hit the fan.

Martyrdom never seemed so ripe...yet, revolution never seemed so necessary. I can only hope a new paradigm is born in Iran, and an example for the West plays out.

But as Iranians now brace for the 31st anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution, they know that eight months of pro-democracy protest and the regime's violent reaction have transformed the relationship between rulers and ruled.

Intersting Article
Analysts say that Iran's legitimacy crisis has now come to a head, with both sides incapable of defeating or intimidating the other – a paralysis that could continue, or yield compromise.

I'm banking on [ Not Advocating] Mass chaos in the streets Tehran tomorrow. Something has to give. I hope I'm wrong but I think we will see a flurry of threads about new waves of protest and all will be blamed on the [CIA, Mossad or MI5]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
any revolution for change in Iran is exactly what the west wants.

When was the last time the west wanted anything that wasn't in its own interest?
What would a revolution do for the west?
instability and make it easier to put in a puppet.
Suddam was a puppet wasn't he?

The west want revolution because it is easier than getting your own people killed, a revolution would also make it easier for peace keepers to come in as well.

All those wanting a revolution, once again ask yourself what price will be paid?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

All those wanting a revolution, once again ask yourself what price will be paid?

You may want to write that question in Persian or Farsi.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

When was the last time the west wanted anything that wasn't in its own interest?
What would a revolution do for the west?
instability and make it easier to put in a puppet.
Suddam was a puppet wasn't he?

The west want revolution because it is easier than getting your own people killed, a revolution would also make it easier for peace keepers to come in as well.

it worked for Mosaddeq in the 50's....or did it

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You may want to write that question in Persian or Farsi.

Why not?
It appears that your posts are written in easy to digest Fox

the first source was the wall street journal.
wall street journal is owned by Murdoch isn't it?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It appears that your posts are written in easy to digest Fox

the first source was the wall street journal.
wall street journal is owned by Murdoch isn't it?

Is this more to your liking?

Tehran Times

“On the 22nd of Bahman (February 11), the Iranian nation will surprise the hegemonistic powers, including the United States, Britain, and the Zionists, with their unity and solidarity,”

It is now clear that those who conducted seditious activities are not from among the people and are counter-revolutionary forces

He can't even admit that his own Government has had a hand in this unrest. Talk about delusional.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Honestly,

Anything that the American government wants to happen in Iran should NOT happen..

It will never be for their own good, it will never be for freedom, and it will never be for peace..

[[America will never send their troops to die for "Liberty" as all Americans know they lack it at home.]]

The American government itself is powerless, does not have free will, and does not care about its own people neither in America nor abroad.

This country has been hijacked and it is serving the interests of Israel, nothing more.

Edit: un-color text

[edit on 10-2-2010 by AlKashif]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I guess it's a busy night.
I'm going to give this a little bump.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It is now 6 1/2 hours into 11 Feb. I suppose all will be revealed, soon. I've really kind of suspected the "blow" to the West is intended to be the reporting of widespread public support for the regime. I expect large choreographed and staged gatherings of people chanting anti-American slogans, as a symbol of the solidarity of the Iranian people.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Don't forget the mass "Anti-Government" protesters.

Iran warns against expected anti-government protests

Heightening its warnings as anticipated anti-government protests approach, Iran's government says it will arrest protesters and hold them until April if they disrupt state-sanctioned marches to commemorate the overthrow of the Shah of Iran.

Iran is this week celebrating the 31st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, culminating on February 11 -- a day that marked the end of the country's Western-backed monarchy and the start of an Islamic republic. A coalition of Iranian reformist groups is urging opponents of the regime to stage non-violent protests on Thursday, on the official anniversary of the shah's ouster.

The so-called Green Movement has been protesting for social justice, freedom and democracy in demonstrations throughout the country since the disputed June president election.

Those arrested for causing "instability," disrupting public order and carrying "extremist signs" linked to the Green Movement will be jailed until at least April 9, the end of the Persian holiday, of Norooz, according to government-run Fars news agency.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlKashif

America does not need to send its troops to Persia.

The Sepāh are many things and control many of the institutions but they are not the thought police.

As long as there are rational young people in that country they have failed.

You and your kind can not keep down a thought.

Your concept of "liberty" and our concept are different.

It may take years but you will see.

We did not destroy the Warsaw Pact nations in battle.

The young people of those countries continually fought it internally

and eventually brought that system down.

"Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today."

Those words were heard by a U.S. army soldier posted at the Berlin wall.

Curious he looked for the source of the singing and realized it was an East German border guard.

He knew then there would never be a war between the two country's.Even the soldiers wanted to be free to sing.

The next time you are in Tehran listen to the music the young people are listening to.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Couple links to add regarding the rallies and protests.

Iran Green Voice

Videos as they come available

A-Jad's message to the West???

Iran Hails Nuclear Advance

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced new advances in Iran's uranium enrichment drive on Thursday, as government supporters rallied and the opposition reported clashes on the Islamic revolution's 31st anniversary.

"The Iranian nation is brave enough that if one day we wanted to build nuclear bombs we would announce it publicly without being afraid of you," Ahmadinejad said, addressing Iran's Western enemies. He told the crowd: "When we say that we don't build nuclear bombs, it means that we won't do that because we don't believe in having it."

ed: third link

[edit on 11-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

join