It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rothschilds tell American and Britain that "Toll Roads" will help their economies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Ahabstar

I agree that the top 5% of the wealthy should be taxed and that would take us out of that hole. But road toll's also do alot of good I think you just embellished on the negative.

Are you insane? Obviously you have NO IDEA how government WAS created and to do what. TO SERVE MAN. Toll roads or any other cash confiscatory idea is pure stupidity and not what you think it is.

CORPORATIONS are given existence by WE THE PEOPLE. We work within them to keep them going, without us, they are nothing, don't exist. SO... these corporations are supposed to PAY, through excise and impost taxes, the infrastructure that is the roadways and such.

The FREE and PUBLIC way is just that.

"WHO" is the "STATE"?

Answer that!!!!!!!!! Are WE not the State? Do WE not have any say?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by daddio]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
What a great way to subtly enforce a voluntary curfew on people, make them PAY to go out and about in their cars, mind you that wouldn't be a bad thing , then the Governemnts wouldn't make as much money in fuel duties as people wouldn't driv their cars.
Besides I'd like to see how they put the monitoring equipment on a motorcycle if at all?

There's a lot there DW. A cell phone, a car, a credit card and even a chip in your arm injected with a flu shot could and likely have put us firmly on the government's (and who know's what other) radar. I don't know if you've seen this but there are new cars with kill switches that can be activated remotely if "your car is stolen". How convenient. Does that preclude it from being activated while you are driving? I don't think so. All of these things are constricting our freedom under superficially innocent guises.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
we dont have many toll roADS HERE IN SO CAL, the ones we do are in orange county, they built a road going through the mountans as a short cut so you dont have to drive around, its a joke!! the company that manages it has been found to be corrupt, charging enormous late fees

there was a radio program here in LA that exposed them, and just imagine what kind of corruption would happen if the whole country goes to toll roads!!

be safe people

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Hey lets do it....

All US Citizen's Pay $100 a year for unlimited access and miles to all roads.

All Illegals Pay $1000 a year for unlimited access and miles to all roads.

If your last name is Rothschild, you pay $500,000 for every mile driven on OUR roads. Oh and a yearly membership fee of $1.5 million just because your a bunch of aholes.

Welcome to the roadways of America!

Now that is an addendum that I can toast to! Amen!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Hey lets do it....

All US Citizen's Pay $100 a year for unlimited access and miles to all roads.

Sounds good to me. I'm already paying about $300-$400 a year just for the convenience of using the toll roads to traverse the DFW area. Talk about highway robbery!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i'm going to make this very simple.

someone shoot the "words I can not express here" before I do. I can't afford fuel as it is and you wanna charge me per mile?!??!? "more words I cannot express here"

hey, GS, I got a better plan, how about you actually release what you know, enrich the world and we can colonize space while you stay here and no one has to worry about your minupulative control of life anymore. you like plan? you no like plan -_O *calls russia, bribes russia, explosion...of the entire planet...*

woops, looks like average joe got too anger this time huh?

then wait til you see what we would ACTUALLY do once this is enforced...i'm thinking somewhere between silent hill and firing your remains into the sun.

*rage*

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In Oklahoma,money from a stimulus fund went to the governor (and was not certified by the state which was illegal) were used to pay for reading devices to read the gismos put on the license plates. His use of the money was illegal but nobody is complaining. Our laws are meaningless if not enforced but when the government breaks the law nobody is going to enforce it.So now we have big brother tracking where we go and only ourselves to blame.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why stop there? Why not tax how much you walk, or talk, or breathing, eating, or maybe for even sleeping?

These guys are crooks. The only big wealth made by exploiting wars, and governments. They funded both sides during Napoleon's reign, while instilling communication agents at both ends of the war. Once the war was won, they were the first to know. As a result they made everyone panic and sell of their shares. They bought about 50% of the London stock market.

Not to mention, they privatized banks in London, France, and the US. I say put a hook through their ball sacks and publicly humiliate them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well since the idea is beyond stupid and does not do anything beneficial to the majority I am sure it will go through with flying colors. Personally I think it is a way for the money grubbers to not lose money to electric vehicles that no longer purchase that per gallon tax.

My solution for the common man is to buy a horse and be sure to collect and send in its periodic "donations" to ones that are wanting it to be sure they think carefully in the future of what their ideas really are to the people around them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Love your avatar. And I agree with your second point.

But I just wanted to say that I don't think there is a blanket law against "double taxation," though some states have passed laws that prohibit certain varieties of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

star for you on a great reply, enough said!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What most are 'unaware' of is that the Rothschilds are responsible for turning America into a corporation. Your social security number implies you are a subject of the 'Corporation'.

If one wants to 'change the world' it is good to know how it works.
There needs to be another 'Declaration of Independence' from the fiat money masters.

The Rothschild's own a significant portion of the world's assets, hidden in trusts and holding companies with non-disclosure clauses, non-extradition agreements and secured in sovereign city states.

Goldman Sachs is Rothschild's right hand agent.
Most are unaware of this.
This needs to change.

Timeline of the Rothschilds. Click here for some more 'Awareness'.

You want change?
It helps to know 'what' needs to be changed and why.
There will be no 'real' change until the people become aware of the 'system' as it.....truly Is.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I already pay per mile.

currently at 119p a litre.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The 'purpose' of the tolls is part of the NWO plan to concentrate the world's populations to cities for command and control purposes and to return the Earth to a renewed natural state. Unfortunately, when this occurs, most of the Earth's land will be owned and operated by those whom consider themselves 'the chosen ones'.

Those content with themselves and their neighbors find no need to control the lives of others. This should be self-evident. True Sovereign leaders/'authorities' encourage the growth of others, not impede it. If one sells out to the 'system' and betrays their neighbor, they get the government they deserve.

If one allows themselves to be a subject, they will be treated as such.
Subjects get No respect, as per design.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Here in virginia, both I-77 and 81 had their fiber-optic cables finished about 3 years ago, and there are already the signs put in place that will say "Toll Road Ahead". This has been brewing for a long time, and now looks like it's coming full circle.

So, for the naysayers out there who laughed at the thought of checkpoints, whadda ya say now? Then after checkpoints, what's next, the "Concentration Camps"!???

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Why doesn't this have a thousand flags?

Because it's a load of nonsense?

Originally posted by thewind

“Road charging,” as it is called in England, is widespread, he told AFP, as fiber optic cable has been laid along most English roads to help track vehicle travel by the mile so drivers can be charged.

Road charging is limited to one road in Britain. And when exactly where these hundreds of thousands of miles of fiber optic cable laid without anyone seeing? On the 30th February?

(ignoring the obvious fact that GPS eliminates the need fo such things)

And why only England? What about N Ireland, Scotland and Wales?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

There is occasionally a cable that runs along the road but this certainly does not track cars
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George, that cable has a counter at either end of it that counts cars crossing it. This is a normal way they determine where to put toll roads in the usa. No BS here, just facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

those of us who primarily travel the back roads, won't be too much of a bother.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what you may think, but they will put a toll booth at each end of the most travelled backroad and collect tolls also. This is already in the works here in virginia. Then, on the other backroads, there will be checkpoints, or better known as roadchecks.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I actually wish death upon the Rothschild family due to their detrimental effect on humanity over the last hundred years. Hell cant come quick enough for them and every comment they seem to make, highlights their hatred that the world has its eyes open and we wont be easily controlled any longer.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Well, you say you prefer tollroads? Would you still feel this way if the state you lived in had "sold" their toll road like Indiana did? It goes like this. Whoever bought the toll road gets all the revenue from it, but the taxpayers still have to pay for upkeep of the road because they are using it! Think I'm joking? Read here!

www.bloomberg.com...
Indiana Sells Road for Billions; Prepare for Deluge: Joe Mysak Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A
By Joe Mysak

Jan. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Now that Indiana has sold its toll road, get ready for everyone else to do the same.

On Monday, Governor Mitch Daniels said a Spanish-Australian consortium had bid $3.85 billion to run the Indiana Toll Road, a 157-mile highway across northern Indiana that runs from the Illinois to Ohio, for 75 years.

The legislature still has to approve the proposal, of course, but they're not going it alone with this concept. Indiana lawmakers have only to look north, to Illinois, for another example of how this kind of thing works. Last year, Chicago got $1.8 billion for its Skyway, a 7.8-mile long elevated highway that connects the Dan Ryan Expressway with the Indiana Toll Road. Lots of public officials took notice.

A Merrill Lynch & Co. report published last July on the subject of U.S. toll road privatization asked whether sales like the Skyway were one-offs, ``or do they represent the beginning of a sweeping trend that will spread to other tolled bridges, tunnels, expressways and long-distance toll roads?''

Let's bet on the sweeping trend. The money is just too big to resist, and the business of running toll roads just too marginal to what state governments are all about.

Now that Illinois and Indiana have done it, look for other states to dive right in.

Red State

Merrill Lynch estimates that at least 18 states from California to Massachusetts have state-, county-, or city-owned toll roads that might lend themselves to privatization. In fact, there are probably candidates in almost all 50 states. What you need is an established road, and the flexibility to increase tolls.

Don't underestimate the importance of Indiana, rather than, say, New Jersey, doing this, either. Indiana is one of the Republican-dominated red states, and one with a reputation for fiscal rectitude.

Standard & Poor's, in upgrading the state to AA+ from AA on Jan. 23, observed that ``debt levels remain among the lowest in the nation at less than $379 on a per capita basis and just above 1 percent of personal income.''

We are going to see more of these transactions, and the numbers are going to get bigger and bigger. It was estimated last year that New Jersey might get $30 billion for the state's Turnpike and Parkway, for example. That would cure a lot of Governor Jon Corzine's headaches.

Merrill Lynch estimated that the New York State Thruway Authority might be worth something like $20 billion.

Sell the Roads

So now the cry will go up: Sell the roads!

Owners don't actually sell, of course; they sign a long- term lease with a company to operate and maintain the roads in exchange for an up-front payment. The lease agreements include details of things like toll increases and maintenance standards.

Governor Daniels of Indiana plans to use the $3.85 billion that he expects to receive from Australia's Macquarie Infrastructure Group and Cintra Concesiones de Infraestructuras de Transporte SA of Madrid, to improve and expand the state's highways. In theory, the state could do anything with the money.

The state is also going to use about $200 million of the upfront payment to redeem outstanding toll road bonds. Merrill Lynch noted last year that ``the emergence of this trend offers municipal bond investors dynamic opportunities -- likely resulting in defeasances of outstanding bonds.''

This means there are guys out there combing through the billions of dollars in bonds that have been sold for toll road financing from coast to coast, coming up with likely candidates. In a toll road that is ``underperforming,'' -- meaning, not enough people are using it -- the sale of the road could mean that bonds now trading for 70 cents or 80 cents on the dollar will rise to 100 or more.

Show Them the Money

The sticky matter for Governor Daniels is selling the state's lawmakers, and everyone else in Indiana, for that matter, on the idea. But we've come a long way from the days where people felt bad about selling assets like landmark buildings and other property to foreign investors.

Remember all the hysteria back in the 1980s about Japan Inc. buying up skyscrapers? People evidently thought that the new owners would disassemble the things and move them back to Tokyo. There might be some resistance to the idea, at first, but expect that to fade. The money is just too big.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join