The Rothschilds tell American and Britain that "Toll Roads" will help their economies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

CONSPIRACY REVEALED? With regards to the govt stimulus package last year, many commentators and Americans anticipated that the govt would spend much of the money on the USA's decaying infrastructure, e.g. needed repair of bridges and overpasses. After all, this was a major focus of need, would be highly visbile, take a tremendous investment of money, and would have put Americans to work immediately, i.e. would be so-called "shovel ready".

HOWEVER, quite surprisingly and inexplicably, the Obama Admin and Congress planned for NO govt infusion of money to repair our crumbling transportation grid. ONLY to pave roads....roads have been paved all over America...even those not needing it. WHY? WHY no spending on infrastructure??

Is it to enable continued decay and chaos to the point of no return....resulting in the need for a savior -- the banks -- for privatizing the bridges and roads in order to repair them?!
Along with health and enviro, regulate the behavior of Americans by curtailling and regulating their travel?

On current toll roads, commuters can purchase smart cards to speed them thru the tolls. However, the toll road administrators maintain the records, frightening accurate, of exactly where and when the card was used. THESE RECORDS ARE SO ACCURATE, THEY HAVE BEEN SUBPEONED IN DIVORCE CASES AS EVIDENCE OF THE SPOUSE'S WHEREABOUTS.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
From Article---“Road charging,” as it is called in England, is widespread, he told AFP, as fiber optic cable has been laid along most English roads to help track vehicle travel by the mile so drivers can be charged.

I am not sure where this came from but whoever wrote this article is mislead. I have not seen any such thing on roads. There is occasionally a cable that runs along the road but this certainly does not track cars (reg plates etc.)

And yes, I live in the UK.

I personally call BS on this. There is no way that they would tax people by the mile ... they already do that ... it is called petrol (gasoline to our friends across the pond).

Busses, taxis, emergency vehicles etc. or will it just be the common people getting charged?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by george_gaz]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I personally call BS on this. There is no way that they would tax people by the mile ... they already do that ... it is called petrol (gasoline to our friends across the pond).

Oh really? In USA, our Federal trans secy proposed it last year.
"Transportation Secretary Considers Pay-Per-Mile Tax"
February 20, 2009

"Transportation Secretary Ray La Hood is considering a transportation tax based on miles driven, to replace gasoline tax revenue. “We should look at the vehicular miles program where people are actually clocked on the number of miles that they traveled,” La Hood tells the Freep, echoing proposals being considered by Oregon, Idaho, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and North Carolina. La Hood argues that gasoline tax revenues “can not be relied on” to fund infrastructure maintenance, presumably because relatively high prices have caused a downturn in gas tax revenue."

www.thetruthaboutcars.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
meh, give it time and people will figure out how to disable the 'reading devices' on their cars anyway, plus if it relies on fiber optic cables running along the roads as mentioned, I've seen the state our roads are usually in, cables won't last that kind of damage.

plus, it's not likely every backroad will have this.
and those of us who primarily travel the back roads, won't be too much of a bother.

no, I don't see it as a huge OMG!!!! threat to the universe, just a total and stupid waste of time, more power to the idiots

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
According to HalfPastHuman the last Alta Report - #3. This is the year where altercations between TPTB and the enlightened group starts.

Maybe it starts right here...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I find Americans in general are highly resistant to change. It's as if they fear it for the sake of fearing it.

I use a toll road daily and it is preferable to using the public highway, which actually has more lanes, but is also congested most of the time, so it's worth it to me to pay a couple of bucks and save myself the headache of an hour in traffic.

For me, a toll road has be awesome! I prefer it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would take this with a very large helping of salt.

While I do not doubt for a moment that TPTB in both Britain and the USA would be extremely capable of instituting such a scheme, I have extreme reservations about the source of this 'news'...

"According to an independent British newspaper editor"

Newspaper? You mean monthly self-published flyer for the paranoid. I've never heard of it before, and I've lived in the UK my whole life.

“Road charging,” as it is called in England, is widespread

No it isn't, that is nonsense. In all of the UK there are just a handful of roads and bridges that have tolls. Unless you count the "Congestion Charge" in London but that's not quite the same thing as toll roads.

“It has been on the European Union agenda for quite a long time,” he added

Has it? I've heard nothing, and the least the article could do is follow that up with some evidence...

His comments came amid recent news of a radical plan to raise $200 billion by privatizing “the motorway network,” as Brits call it. The plan was presented to the three main political parties by NM Rothschild, the influential investment bank, British news sources say.

And who are these "British news sources" exactly?

The Rothschild bank, called “an architect of several privatizations,” reportedly made its pitch in the weeks running up to the summer recess back on July 21, 2009

Again it's "reportedly".

The language alone in this article should be indication enough that there is little or no substance to the report. I see this kind of report all the time (especially in football* articles), full of hearsay like "sources say" and "our mole tells us" etc. Heavy on speculation and light on hard fact.

Lazy journalism at it's very worst.

(* "soccer" to those from America.)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This was in the news abotu ayear ago here in the UK, but it was put in a shelved when the government realised people wern't buying it.

I remember one of the key points being "people who drive more, pay more" but i was fairly sure we already had a simple system in place that took care of that, Fuel tax!

Don't get me wrong, i would be MUCH MUCH better off IF they scrapped road tax, and all fuel tax because i drive below average miles on roads that hardly anyone uses. The reality is the taxes probably wont be totaly abolished and we will all just have to pay again for something that we all need to use.

The idea stinks, and if it is ever seriously proposed again i hope people don't just bend over and take it up the ***.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

How about these points:
(1) Most existing toll roads are new roads. How do you feel about expanding tolls to older bridges and roads after they are improved thru new investment? Bridges and roads that the American people already paid for and would be sold to private interests?
(2) How do you feel about knwoing the govt collects precise info about your whereabouts thru your Smart Card?
(3) How wil you feel when as a natural matter of course, the govt reviews your travel and decides in the name of global warming or natural security that YOU sdpend a little too much time leisure driving or could help the nation and be a better patriot based on your routes if you were REQUIRED to take public trasn instead of driving to your job?
Hmmm....'cause I am not sure you understand where all roads lead.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OK, let me get this straight, we the tax payer pay for our roads, then the government sell the roads to private foreign entities and force us to pay for using them.

I am missing something here? or this NWO fat rats really, really think we the people are as dumb and stupid as they think.

Wait a moment, they are right we most be dumb and stupid when we willingly pay for tolls on our tax payer pay buy and foreign sold and run tolls roads.

We reap what we sow.

Time for a revolution

[edit on 10-2-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I assume that if this did happen, then Road Tax would be abolished..?
Although, ive heard of this idea numorus times. For an example, check out Londons Congestion charge.
Or you could hop into a time machine and look at the old 'Toll Booths' of years gone by.
My oppinion, The Rothschilds should be silent. And go back to school. For every bit of money they make, they lose A-lot of commen sense.
For instance, and by way of example...

I may have just got a job. But have to travel 50 miles to work, and 50 miles back. Thats 100 miles a day. Now if we're getting charged per-mile... And depending on the amount charged (WHICH WILL ENEVITABLY GO UP AND UP) we will be getting less to live on. Again.

If they do this, it wont last long. At all.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wow! For these guys to be "geniuses" at economics, they sure come up with the most ridiculous ideas!

To me this sounds a lot like when companies say "Hey, if we downsize our workforce, we'll save money and we will increase our profit by having customers continue to buy our product."

Except you missed on part "genius" if you fire that same workforce that buys your product DURING an economic crises, a time when everyone is trying to save money, NOT spend it, chances are, you're STILL not going to make a profit or make even! You'll STILL be going in the red and probably will not have the same production output you had before when you had the workforce you fired!.

Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic, but I wanted to use it as an example, because I believe the same thing applies here.

These so called "geniuses" say that charging per mile will revive the economy by FORCING people who are ALREADY going through tough economic times, to pay money they DON'T have, in order to pay for this "toll"?

First, lets be realistic, even with the infrastructure in place, this will be VERY hard to keep track of, so they will never get the 100% of all the revenue, people will find loopholes, or stop driving altogether if they have to.
Secondly, this will only piss people off more and make the Rothschild a bigger target for assassination.

This is plain Tyranny, there is honestly no other way of seeing it. The governments and the puppets that run them, now honestly believe that they own all the land they see, and the "peasants" that live in them. Well, soon they will have an epiphany when they realize that they DON'T have ownership over ANYTHING other than themselves.

I always got peeved whenever I heard that word "Ownership" because of how it was used in an effort to commit genocide against many native tribes here in the U.S. They thought that just because they had a piece of paper that said "We officially own this land" they thought they had the right to remove peaceful people from their homes or worse, kill them. What they didn't realize (or maybe they did, and that was all part of the scam) is that they DIDN'T own ANYTHING, other than a simple piece of paper with a "seal" on it. All that means to me, is that they had a fancy colored paper to wipe their a**es with.

Again, sorry I got off topic, but again, I think it's a relevant example. Here we have the tyrants claiming that they have ownership of all of the land, and therefore, they think they have the right to charge people for traveling through their land. Does this not seem unconstitutional? Screw that, does this not seem in-humane? I remember seeing this sort of thing only during the dark ages. Where you couldn't go anywhere without being asked by King envoys to pay taxes for a whole lot of non-sense?

Are we entering the new dark ages?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm... this makes me wonder what TPTB have against people being able to move about freely?

It is clear they are trying to discourage air travel as much as possible, and now they will be discouraging road travel as well? Seems fishy.

I love how governments think though... we have a gas tax but now that cars are becoming fuel efficient they need a new well to drink from.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another thread useful for fathoming out how much further things must be pushed to get what somebody obviously seems to want, and want badly at that. Just a thought. All that loose talk about killing must strike sweet chimes in the degenerate mind: losing money and thereby losing power - as a certain faction of the "global players" obviously are - is another fact to be concealed. As this is not concealable under normal circumstances, circumstances must be changed.

"See what all that loose talk brought you? Now you're under martial law and it's your own fault!" Next week's headline in the degenerate mind's wet dreams!

Inane propositions such as the one which caused this thread can be countered with reason, using the democratic powers we still possess. The manipulators are desperate, or so it seems to me. Having the living daylights punched out of their sorry behinds in Copenhagen was just a start. Anybody claiming now that all those folks nagging about the impossibility of man-made "climate change" are deluded can be referred to the mainstream media whores and what they're not doing. The reality they are writing about exists only in their bought-and-paid-for puny minds. The reality you and I are perceiving is not mirrored in the mainstream media. This is schizophrenic, and you don't have to be a psychiatrist to find out what not talking about the fact implies.

Gore is a Rothschild shill. Thwarting his asinine scheme to tax breathing is another victory for the people! Not taking the vaccine was still another victory. We're not through, yet!

Don't go overboard, folks. We will get them the legal way. A whole bunch of scientists are calling Gore the fraud that he is. It takes a while to wreck such a one, but trashed for good he sure is. One down.

They will not get martial law. And they will not get world war 3. If they still think pulling off an extreme false flag operation has merit, let them think again. It might hasten their demise in an unseemly manner, when the cards are on the table. Charges like High Treason and Genocide come to mind. Drug Dealing, Selling Poisonous Food, Withholding Technology, are some others. The list is quite long. And the cards will be on the table. Their arrogance will not be an asset when goofing their merry way through another 911 with, again, a lot of people noticing.

Save that powder and tell all your neighbors. Hare-brained schemes are sabotaged best by talking about them openly. Hit them where it really hurts, deny them the way to your money.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I grew up in - and continue to live - in a region in which there has been a discussion of this sort of arrangement for over thirty years. Here it is called the Inter-County Connector, or the ICC, which is intended to connect I-95 (the major N-S route on the USA's east coast) to far western I-495 (the beltway surrounding the inner D.C. suburbs).

Activists fought this plan tooth and nail for decades because of its environmental cost, its short-sightedness (i.e. it won't do much to actually relieve traffic, and we should be pursuing non-automotive options anyway), and its cost. The activism eventually failed, and construction began on the road, and I think it's supposed to be completed in 2015-2020.

Surprise, surprise, not only is it costing WAAAAAAY more than projected, but they're suddenly discussing $6.00 tolls just to drive on the thing. I've talked with so many residents of the region, those who'd have reason to use it, and by and large, very few people would EVER be willing to pay anything CLOSE to that to use the road. In fact, it would be a monumental public works failure unlike anything the region has ever seen.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

Originally posted by djusdjus

How about these points:
(1) Most existing toll roads are new roads. How do you feel about expanding tolls to older bridges and roads after they are improved thru new investment? Bridges and roads that the American people already paid for and would be sold to private interests?
(2) How do you feel about knwoing the govt collects precise info about your whereabouts thru your Smart Card?
(3) How wil you feel when as a natural matter of course, the govt reviews your travel and decides in the name of global warming or natural security that YOU sdpend a little too much time leisure driving or could help the nation and be a better patriot based on your routes if you were REQUIRED to take public trasn instead of driving to your job?
Hmmm....'cause I am not sure you understand where all roads lead.

I think you are fabricating your view point from an established falsehood.

On your first point, none of that has been put on the table anywhere. Please show where, anywhere it says that is the plan in any government document that is on the table for legislation and being seriously considered. Oh wait, you can't because that is a false assumption.

On your second point, for data to be understood, there has to be a person looking at it. Do you honestly think there are people monitoring every aspect of your life? Lemme give you an example, I've been using a toll road for years now and you get a transponder that measures distance and entry and exit points form the toll highway.

These devices could actually be used to send you speeding tickets because of the timing factor alone. The technology is there, but it isn't being used as such. Why? Because the toll highway has nothing to do with the government. It's a privately owned highway!.

On your third point, well, it was about here that I kinda wrote you off as a a paranoid ranter without much of a foundation in reality. Like the premise of the whole thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewind
“Road charging,” as it is called in England, is widespread, he told AFP, as fiber optic cable has been laid along most English roads to help track vehicle travel by the mile so drivers can be charged.

Is it?

News to me.

We pay road tax annually. We don't pay per mile at all.

What a curious claim.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

The TransTexas corridor is the grand daddy we're fighting him on! THOUSANDS of acres will be taken for this. Farmers will have property BISECTED....WITH NO INGRESS OR EGRESS BUT THOSE ON THE HIGHWAY! Business on the highway? Owned by the State (its "their" property). This monster will be MILES wide!

BTW, this goes from Mexico to Canada folks.

You're right on felonius. We can all thank those NWO stooges, the Bush family, for this. (By the way, I doubt it bisects W's ranch.) There's no two party system. Every living president backed NAFTA. They're all in on it, vote them all out.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Essentially, the government is going into the business of highway robbery.

Toll roads are becoming so common, you can't hardly get anywhere without using one.

All those suckers who thought they were getting a tax cut from GW need to wake up to the fact that part of those tax cuts were financed through stealth taxes. The fed cuts payments to the states for programs mandated by the fed, which forces state to find new sources for income. The result is higher fees for everything.

Who pays all these new fees, the working stiffs who got suckered into supporting huge tax cuts for the super rich.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Theoratically, those who use roads more should pay more. But in practice, many cannot afford to buy a car or pay gasoline charges, as well as maintenance of the often breakdown vehicle and car park charges, etc.

They have better things to spend on than that vehicle. With added tax of toll charges, this will kill all chances of a human owning a car who may need it to cut down time as distances are long at times.

What is the purpose of a car? Nothing more than to cut down the travelling time to get from one point to another, in the course of biz or for precious relationships/family purpose. Human beings are not slave or robots, and they DO need a social life other than just work daily.

If toll charges are made in cities, where congestions are common, it would radicalise and cut down travelling time so that those who needs to get from one point to another quickly and be productive. is logical and comprehensible. Time is indeed money and many would willing pay a bit more and then earn more from the time saved.

But what about freeways and the countrysides where there are no congestions? Why make humans pay additional taxes when public transportation is a right and supposed to be efficient but often a failure in time schedule?

No, rather than to use toll as an easy means to build up the treasury, TPTB must think how to revolutionise the precious time in improving public transport, and make the common masses willingly give up car ownership. They are supporse to be the best and brightest, thinkers of 'out of the box' arent they?

Travel is a human right, and if the elected govt fails to perform that task of ensuring efficient travel cheaply, after miillions of tax payers money had been spent to build such transportation means, then they should just quit and let the next better administrators to take that job.

Even a 5 yr old kid knows money is a often a solution to issues. But money is not everything, more so if paid unnecessarily or multiplied - building that road, creating infrastructure along the way, and then making the citizens pay further more for use. Money needs to be circulated but not this penalizing way, espacially when pubic transport is still not up to scratch!

INSANE, i will call it. Whomever call for such tax oughtta have his head on a pike in market square the next day.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join