It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evangelical Adoption Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bill Clinton, who is helping relief efforts in earthquake-torn Haiti, has stepped in to the U.S. missionaries' adoption mêlée. His diplomatic efforts may free all but one of the 10 jailed missionaries. The group's leader, Laura Silsby, will likely still be held. During a visit Friday, Clinton said he believed the Haitian government would likely want to find a way "to defuse the crisis."

As Clinton works to spring the U.S. missionaries charged with kidnapping, the case highlights a new evangelical strategy: Adopt Third World babies and convert them.

www.thedailybeast.com...

What do you guys think about this, I'm not sure what I believe while reading this article but hey you never know, in the last 2 years i have been surprised time and time again.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"A new Evangelical strategy"...lol

Evangelicals have been adopting babies from third world countries for just as long as non-Christians have and for the same reasons. They want to help the children and give them a chance! Why is it that Christians always have to have an ulterior motive? C'mon folks.

Also, to me, who would be classified as an Evangelical, I think it's funny how the word Evangelical is used here. "A new Evangelical strategy". It makes it seem like there is some sort of Evangelical HQ which is telling it's churches to go out and do this; which definitely isn't the case. "Evangelical" is such a broad term. There are some Evangelicals that don't even associate with other Evangelical denominations for various reasons. So, even if there were some sort of Evangelical master plan to get these kids, it would quickly fall apart because the Baptists would want nothing to do with the Methodists, while the Pentecostals wouldn't want anything to do with the Nazarenes and so on.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good idea, IMO. However, they need to teach them the implications of overpopulation and so to have less kids(not necessarily none), otherwise, the cycle'll never end.

join