It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military: Sell U.S. Bonds To Punish Washington DC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Enough already...

Somebody tell China to sell them or get over it.
The simple fact is that they wont. If they do they'll take a massive loss. Simply selling them at a loss doesn't lower their value. Buying bonds isn't like putting money in a savings account to be withdrawn at any time or a loan to be called in.

They'll get their money just like everybody else who bought 30 year bonds.

IN 30 YEARS...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We should be woundering why china is stock piling tonns of gold.Some other countries are doing the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And when do you suppose they will get there money???

I too think China is saber rattling and does need the US consumer economy, but I also am not so in love with the lie that the US is running the show anymore...

China could and would just move to a new customer(s) and not to think they wouldn't be harmed in the move financially because I think they would.. but lets suppose that someone owes you money and you see they can't pay and maybe will never be able to pay in say ohhhhh 100+ years, they maybe willing to just take the hit, as will happen ANYWAY with them and a bunch of other countries that hold worthless bonds, including the neighbor to the north that is a huge supplier of life goods like water and electric to name a few.

contrary to what the die hard American thinks let alone knows is the US is not completely in the drivers seat, the only value it holds as far as I can see is it is a CONSUMER because as any chart will show you is that the last of manufacturing was well outsourced back in 98', if they are unable to consume anymore or pay to play, the world markets will move on. and this is already happening with the major players slowly moving away from the all mighty USD for a world currency.

When that finally happens my friend you will be on the slippery slope to 3rd world.

And frankly I don't think people will turn off American Idol long enough to change the speed of your decent.

edited for spelling

[edit on 10-2-2010 by svpwizard]

<< 1  2   >>

join