It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Headlines From the NY Times (10/11th September 2001) Giving Cryptic Clues to the 9/11 Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
G'day ATS,

Out of boredom today I thought I'd look at the New York Times newspaper on the 10th/11th of September 2001. I started off by looking through every page of the online material to see if there were any patters or subtle references to the terrible tragedy would befall the Big Apple in the days to follow.

There were a lot of articles on Terrorism, Israel and Palestine, Bush and the NeoCons. All quite normal for the Bush era, but there was nothing cryptic, as far as I could tell.

As a last resort I went to the Sports Headlines (which I had ignored to begin with). My results were quite startling.

SPORTS HEADLINES FROM 9/10 2001

Some Signs For Mets, And Not Good Ones - A hint that there is trouble ahead for NYC?

The Ravens Play A Familiar Role - The Ravens, suggestion of birds, or the planes on 911?

Giants Are Aiming to Prove The Doomsayers Wrong - The giants, possibly a reference to the Twin Towers, aimed at those saying the WTC wouldn't be attacked again?

Thunder Expected at the Broncos' Lavish New Citadel in the Sky - Thunder in a citadel in the sky, say no more.

Brooklyn Must Now Face Williamsport - Doesn't really seem much on the surface, until you see this map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/781414360b16.png[/atsimg]
The red dot is where the WTC stood, the yellow marker on the right is Brooklyn, the left hand one is Williamsport.

Some interesting Articles there, make of them what you will.

SPORTS HEADLINES FROM 9/11 2001

Stress Fracture Leaves O'Neill's Status in Doubt - Now could this possibly be a reference to John P. O'Neill:

a top American anti-terrorism expert, who worked as a special agent and eventually Assistant Director in the Federal Bureau of Investigation until late 2001.

Partly due to personal friction he had within the FBI and federal government, O'Neill left to become the head of security at the World Trade Center, where he died at age 49 in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

A Rude Welcome For Edwards - Possible connection with Edwards Airforce Base in California on the morning of 911? All four flights were supposed to travel to LA, California.

Giants lose Battle with the corners - As alluded to previously, the Giants are the Towers, the corner could easily be their position in Manhattan.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ca19539d6ef.png[/atsimg]The giants in the corner of Manhattan

In Struggle With Officials, The League Wins Round 1 - Now this one is a bit more subtle. I beleive this refers to the UN, the officials being the security council and the general lack of support that the US would have for attacking Iraq and Afghanistan without a 911 type attack. "The League", well that's the League of Nations, one of the first attempts to implement a World Government. They were supposed to broker world peace, but ended up orchestrating WWII.

Jet Defence Goes Back To School - Jet Defence Goes Back To School, now that could quite easily have been a headline regarding the performance of NORAD and the Air-force on the morning of 911!!

Twins Inch to 6 Back of Indians - This one again is quite cryptic, The Twins is obviously the Towers, I beleive the 6 and Indians is referring to the original owners of the land that the Towers stood on. Essentially, the Towers are going back to where the Indians are 6 feet under, or back to ground level. Or alternatively, "6 back" means the Twins will be levelled to below the ground the Indians would have travelled on.

There are a few more that I'm researching, the Article Titles don't make sense, if I find connections I'll post them here.

It is true that we can see conspiracy and links to conspiracy anywhere if we look hard enough. I'm not saying these connections are solid, but they are interesting, I'll leave it up to you good folk to determine if they mean anything.

Roughly %20 of the Sports Headlines from the 10th/11th have possible connotations pertaining to the 9/11 Attacks, that is a little strange.

All the best ATS!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
"jet defence goes back to school"

coincidence? probably, but undeniably relevent that one is

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i think this might raise more questions about subtle states of consciousness/awareness than it does intent of a newspaper editor trying to sneak in a prophetic warning

i.e.: the ability to unwittingly tap into the collective pool of archetypal data, and even unwittingly articulate it through something as mundane as sports headlines --- not even a hunch so much as a subconscious, quantum burp

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphiidae

Yep, you could be right, perhaps the writers were tapping into a common conciousness, a foreboding of what was going to happen.

Not a prediction per se, but an inkling of coming events.

I agree, the Jet Defence headline was the one that first caught my eye, quite intriguing.

Al the best, KF

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am open to the possibility that all of the sports writers of the New York Times conspired together to publish tiny "hints" or "analogies" or whatever you want to call them (which makes no sense because for the life of me I cannot figure out WHY they would even bother doing something so pointless, trivial, and unnoticed), but I am afraid the truth is that the OP is simply reaching way too hard with this one...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"Jet Defence Goes Back To School"

When did they graduate?

Who writes the titles for each story, the writer, the editor?

Not only did the title have to be conceived, the Jet defense had to play poorly (which they did, giving up 45 points). What are the odds of these two chained events both occurring? The Jet defense was mediocre in 2000, allowing approximately 20 points per game, placing them 12th in the League.

I wouldn't be surprised if the operatives were communicating openly through the media because:

1) you avoid leaving an individual trail of telecommunications evidence

2) the defense was ordered to tank on 9/11, so the potential of an interception had been neutralized

3) demented and warped ego trip of hiding details in front of people's faces

[edit on 9-2-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

top topics

join