It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Buzz goes after Facebook, Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Google Buzz goes after Facebook, Twitter

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Google plunged into the world of social networking on Tuesday, melding pieces of Facebook and Twitter into a new feature, Google Buzz.
Buzz, which will work through the popular Gmail service, will allow users to post status updates, photos and links to members of their network -- as well as pull in their activity on other sites like Twitter, Flickr and Picasa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
techcrunch.com

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Looks like Google is moving into the world of online social networking.

"It will change the way businesses communicate around the world," Horowitz said.
Despite the inevitable comparisons, Google spokesmen said they didn't set out to tread on anyone else's turf.

Some how I doubt the latter is true. I think Google is looking to step on anyones toes who gets in the way. They are hungry to have a market in everything out there.

Google’s phone anyone?
now.sprint.com...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Great. Just went I finally overcame my addiction to Facebook.....

Seriously, does anyone else feel a little nervous about living our lives online?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There was no place to go but up with Google.

What does a company do after it's mastered what it set out to do originally? Branch off a create new markets with products that are proven.

Social Networking is one of those. Also, a lot of business oriented people use Gmail, like perhaps even millions now.

I think it's a good move for them, we'll see some lawsuits I am sure, but Facebook and Myspace aren't going to loose any users over this trust me.

Google is smart by incorporating it into Gmail versus a stand alone product as well.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh I agree it is a smart move. Google is very business orientated. They are making smart moves.

I will admit though I am a bit worried that they are increasingly growing in all directions it seems. Google in my opinion is looking to have their hands on every bit of territory they can. I am of the mind that within a few more years we will hear about them branching out into things such as transportation, fuel, or possible television entertainment (they already have Google video).

I would not doubt one bit if Google did not have money in robotics (I am thinking of the sex robots we are hearing so much about lately), medicine, or even biological/chemical military testing. With the latter in mind I wonder if at some time in the future that the U.S. military might not be funded by corporate cash. I am sure Microsoft has some ties to the military, I would not put it past Google to do the same.

Perhaps in the near future we will hear about Google and Microsoft combining to focus on an even larger future.

Of course this is speculation, but seeing that Google is moving at a rapid pace in many directions I do not think the speculations are that far fetched.

Raist

top topics

join